Suggestion Required - Yamaha RX Purchase / Rebuild

Thread Starter #1
Guys,

I have 2 RX at home (1998 RX135, 1997 RXG)

RXG restoration is under progress and expecting to complete the job in another couple of weeks (restoring with brand new parts as much as possible) RX135 will also be restored in near future (again with brand new parts)

After restoration of both the bikes I will be left with more than a complete set of parts (except the frame, crankcase & engine parts, forks, Silencer)

Now comes the confusion.

- Should I preserve those parts to use (if required) in future

(or)

- Get another RX in scrap condition (just a frame, crankcase and few **** and bits here and there) but with proper documents and fit these parts (+ add essential new parts) and start enjoying another RX pleasure (even if I chose this option, I can't afford third restoration in near future. So parts will be stored and hunt for a cheaper bike will start as of now)

Need your valuable suggestions here.

Store the parts. You'll need them sooner or later. In any case it'd be well nigh impossible to find a 'restorable' RX that would have exactly the same parts missing/requiring to be replaced as the ones that you have in your inventory.

Guys,

I have 2 RX at home (1998 RX135, 1997 RXG)

RXG restoration is under progress and expecting to complete the job in another couple of weeks (restoring with brand new parts as much as possible) RX135 will also be restored in near future (again with brand new parts)

After restoration of both the bikes I will be left with more than a complete set of parts (except the frame, crankcase & engine parts, forks, Silencer)

Now comes the confusion.

- Should I preserve those parts to use (if required) in future

(or)

- Get another RX in scrap condition (just a frame, crankcase and few **** and bits here and there) but with proper documents and fit these parts (+ add essential new parts) and start enjoying another RX pleasure (even if I chose this option, I can't afford third restoration in near future. So parts will be stored and hunt for a cheaper bike will start as of now)

Need your valuable suggestions here.
Could you please let me know how feasible it is to assemble a new RX100 from scratch?

I'm really interested in this but more concerned about genuinity of parts and reliability

Thread Starter #4
Could you please let me know how feasible it is to assemble a new RX100 from scratch?

I'm really interested in this but more concerned about genuinity of parts and reliability
Build from scratch is quite possible & Genuine parts are available still, but requires a lot of patience and hard hunt.
Below is my thread on RXG restoration (sorry, not updated since many are not interested in this forum. Parts procurement completed, painting & plating completed, only assembling is pending. Awaiting this weekend to start assembling)

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/15403-got-another-rx-yamaha-rxg-restoration.html

Top Bottom