Suggest a New Bike For 20 Years Old

Thread Starter #1
Though I have good expertise in selecting bike and I am also enthusiastic biker but being a TAI member it's always good to get inputs before taking any decision.

Here I am posting this for BIL who is in 3rd year engineering and 20 year old.

Primary requirement of bike is for fun and it should be reliable, safe and stable and offer economy around 40. We have shortlisted few:

1: Pulsar 180
2: Pulsar 200
3: Duke 200
4: CBR
5: R15

As he is a true teenager I have suggested to go with Duke or R15 and his personal preference is also R15. But I were at his place then would have settle with Duke.

Please suggest.

Thread Starter #3
I suggest him to use public transport and forget about bike. This is a serious advice from me
Hmmm, I respect your thought sir, but this is his age to enjoy the life along with study. He is a good student and always scores better GPA. I believe there is no harm in riding a bike if you are sensible and know your responsibility. And most important should be aware of own importance and value for the parents.
When I was in B.E 2nd year my dad gifted me bike as academic blocks were 1 KM from hostel.Believe me it did not hamper my study.

@Ertiga

I am not against for the sensible and bit responsible boys around and you and me are one out of them. but believe me I have seen some 10 such incidents in my area within last 2 years where racing is the prime criteria and triple riding is common and today's' boys are crazy and non responsible(I am really sorry to say this). I said this with the pain when I meet such parents who have lost their only son in these careless bike accidents.

It is just a concern towards today's youth and for their good[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Yes Sir, I respect your thought but I know this guy very well and he is well headed and sensible one. And most important he knows how important and valuable he is for his parents.

Thread Starter #7
R15 V2 is finalized and it comes 4 colors with different price tag in Mysore

1: White and Red - 1.34 Lakhs
2: Black : 1.34 lakhs
3: White and green : 1.36lakhs
4: White and blue : 1.37 lakh

Now have to select between 1 and 4.

One question to R15 owner , how is riding comfort? Is there any pain in wrist or back?

I am using ZMR and it is one of most ergonomic bike after RE. But this is not meant for teenagers.

Top Bottom