• Dio

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Aviator

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone,
i am unable to choose between honda activa,dio,and aviator.The scooter will be used as a family scooter with different riders.Regarding other scooters,everyone of us have strong faith in honda because of have been used a activa before,it was very reliable and service costs were also low.I am tilted towards dio because i already own a activa and would not like to buy another unless there is a genuine reason.About aviator,i don't like its styling much(personal view).I know that all three have almost same mechanicals & all three should be equally reliable.

You have already that its going to be a family scooter, so Dio goes off the list since its not known for its ride comfort. You can go ahead with the Honda Activa. Get a flashy color this time. It will certainly look very different from the current one :wink:

Thread Starter #3
You have already that its going to be a family scooter, so Dio goes off the list since its not known for its ride comfort. You can go ahead with the Honda Activa. Get a flashy color this time. It will certainly look very different from the current one :wink:
I thought that all three had the same suspension and all would ride same.what i really like about dio is its styling.activa in comparision look dull and there are already 5 to 6 avtiva's in our building!

I thought that all three had the same suspension and all would ride same.what i really like about dio is its styling.activa in comparision look dull and there are already 5 to 6 avtiva's in our building!
Its not about the suspension, but the ride posture on Dio which used to be hear from the people. Elderly people find Dio uncomfortable for the same reason. But like you said, even i admit that Dio is smartest of the lot!

Hello silverjet,
I would suggest the Honda Aviator for you.Since you are looking for a family scooter,kick Dio off the list as it does not offer anything else other than styling.I own a Aviator and I have driven my friend's Activa extensively,the suspension setup of the aviator is much better than that of the Activa,the ride is more comfortable.You will only able to tell this when you ride over the same potholes on both the scooters,aviator's ride is very good as compared to Activa.If at moderate speeds you go over a pothole Activa's suspension makes a thud sound whereas Aviator's suspension absorbs it much better. Also Aviator has more ground clearance hence less chances of bottoming out when you have a pillion rider with you.I find the seat of Aviator much more comfortable when I am riding pillion with my friend.You can also get a disc brake if you choose Aviator which trust me gives great confidence at high speeds.Performance wise both scooters are more or less the same and similar is the case for mileage.Both scooters are extremely reliable,since past three years I have had no issues from my scooter apart from fused tailight bulb and similar is the case of my friend's Activa,as they say you can't go wrong with a Honda[:D].If you have any queries regarding Activa or Aviator please feel free to ask.
You can also try the newly launched Activa-i which will save you enough money to buy a good looking helmet[;)].Ride Safe.

Thread Starter #6
@mightyme,thanks for suggestion.about activa i,i completely dislike it.the styling is too bland.
aviator is also a good choice.the better ride and handling you suggest might be because of the bigger 12" alloy rims on aviator.can i fit those alloy rims on dio? when i look at dio,my heart just says go for the dio! I visited a honda dealership but the experience was worst ever.there was not even a sales guy to attend me.just went off the showroom.i think that honda 2 wheelers are so popular that they just don't bother about customers.
thought of going to another dealership and the experience was almost same.the only difference was that sales guy gave details and thats it.dont even think of TD they even did not have a dio for showcase![anger]

man,height of the aviator is the problem.most of the time it will be driven by female members.
Hahahahaha, do you think all the female members will be short by height[lol], since it is a scooter, it can be managed buddy, but believe me out of these three Aviator got telescopic suspension like bike

TVS Wego is excellent as I have experienced both of them(Activa,Wego with my close friends) and it is been 2 years now and I can tell you Wego is leagues ahead Activa in Ride comfort and very less maintenance[:)]

About Wego, I found only pros and no cons yet even with the mileage which gives close to 50 and Activa is just around 40 in city traffic conditions

Dude just kick HONDA out of the list.
Either get Suzuki Access or Swish way better than those 3

I too got 2010 HONDA ACTIVA

@silverjet-If your heart is set on the Honda DIO then don't listen to anyone and buy it in one of the attractive looking colour.Regarding upsizing the rims,I don't think that's a good idea,increasing the size on a scooter is not as easy as upsizing in a car.It can adversaly affect the ride and handling characteristic of the scooter and also will require a lot of knowledge.Only an intelligent mechanic will be able to upsize the rims even then the end result will not be too good.
TVS Wego is a good allround scooter from what I have heard,go take a test drive.Also look into the fact whether TVS service center is nearer to your home or not.If the dealership experience with TVS is better and you like the Wego then go for it.

Go for Dio blindly, if you are looking for Honda scooters only. it would have better mileage, styling, less weight & height compared to Activa & Aviator. As you have already an activa no point in looking for the same. Aviator, though it has a good different front suspension, feels like over priced. Activa & Aviator looks bulky for the 110 cc scooter. If your family not like dio, Activa i is the new entry here with less price.

I own a Dio for the past 3 years. Only issue i faced is sound from fiber/plastic panels.Rear tire lasts only for 10-11k km and front tire lasts twice of rear.

There are lot of better scooters than Honda available here now.

1. Access- the best family scooter with good suspension,mileage, power(125cc)
2. Swish - same engine of access with graphix and fiber body.
3. Yamaha Ray- really light weight scooter with good mileage and less price.
4.Wego- i didn't here any bad about this except it is TVs.I didn't ride this.
5.Vespa- Premium scooter with powerful engine and a classic look.

Last edited:

Top Bottom