Buying Two Wheeler For Commercial Purpose

Thread Starter #1
I am setting up my own venture in Bangalore which completely depends on an efficient logistic system, The Business should get on floor before September of this year. Since i am an new entrant and cannot give a guaranteed sales figures none of the logistic companies are giving me competitive prices.

This scenario has forced me to arrange my own delivery tools, to begin with i will be hiring a guy solely for delivery purposes inside bangalore, and for outside i will have to rely on the courier companies(willing to take a hit on margin's).

Since most of the funding for this venture is raised from my life saving i would want every rupee to count,

I need your help to decide a perfect 2 wheeler for delivery purposes

I have couple of vehicles in mind, TVS XL a strong contender as it comes for around 26K on-road price with about 40KMPL,apart from this i am very keen on considering an electric scooter, as scooter inherit's some major advantage like a flat board where the stock can be kept comfortably, but the big problem arises when i try to find owner's review on the same. i absolutely have no idea about electric scooter's and it's performance on the long run.

Would request all your input's and suggestions on my dilemma.

Thank's in advance.

Whatever the case do not invest on electric scooters rather buy any other scooter. I'm not sure, is there any geared scooters currently available in market.If Eterno was available,it was the best. Activa/access will be ok and maintenance will be less but as you know your investment needs to be little higher compared to other competitors.

@visran

You have very less options for that segment and M80 used to be a very good one from Bajaj, so TVS XL HD makes more sense for the purpose.

Electric will not be a wise choice and which can't take much loads

All other options are in different price range I feel

Thread Starter #4
Electric will not be a wise choice and which can't take much loads
None of the products will be heavy, as i have already mentioned that the TVS XL is a strong contender, all i need to work on is attaching a box by removing the pillion seat just to accommodate more products on one run.

The electric scooter is really enticing me, as my business will cater to a niche market, up selling with a green theme can be an added advantage to entice more customer's. but i am really not sure weather it's worth the risk.

I have figured out couple of decent electric scooter manufacturer from the like's of Hero.. but not sure about it's real world performance.

Please do not go for electric scooters:
1. Pickup is very poor , hence it would take lot of time to cover 'X' distance.
2. Range is also less (upto 80 km/charge)
3. In case it breaks down/discharges away from home, there are less charging points compared to Reva.

Hope this helps.

@visran

I can understand your situation and fully agree with Anshuman on electric scooters as things will be out of your control as they are not very popular on roads even today and has limited functionality.

My suggestion would be check what type of vehicles being used by courier people, pizza delivery and similar guys which may give you some idea for your purpose

Thread Starter #7
My suggestion would be check what type of vehicles being used by courier people, pizza delivery and similar guys which may give you some idea for your purpose
Well in Bangalore most of the food delivery chain go for an 100cc bike either from Hero or TVS's stable. for them it works in a very simpler way since these food chain guy's has an national level tie up with the OEM's, most of these bikes are given either at a throwaway prices or on a lease basis which saves a lot of money for the said franchisee owner. if possible i would want to work out a similar deal with an electric OEM but i guess my scale would not entice them.

Apart from TVS XL is their any other option which i should seriously look into?

There is no other product I found like TVS XL. The other one you can check is CD dawn, Yamaha crux kind of vehicles with your quantity you could negotiate with them

What about a second hand scooter? geared ones. Buy a good codition one in throw away price and modify\change the colour and theme according to your business or straight away put your ad on that.

Yeah, that suggestion is also good fro Releesh, you can check out for some good condition bajaj chetaks in second market. BTW what is the quantity you are looking for

Thread Starter #11
I do not want to deal with the second hand option as the longevity is not guaranteed, will look into Hero Dawn and get the quote.

@Visran

Yeah again second will have some maintenance issues always. Dawn is a good option and bike is really tough in any conditions. I have seen most of them used by Pizza guys in hyderabad and even few courier people too

Top Bottom