Need a Good Bike Under Rs.1 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,
I am 6.1 ft tall and weighs around 85kgs.
I need a good bike something around 1L

my requirements
1. daily commute to/from office 10km distance so totally 15km max each day, frequent weekend outing
2. comfortable pillion for long rides for my wife (we love travelling)
3. budget max 1Lakh
4. above 35Kmpl is good but not below that.

I have shortlisted Pulsar 200NS. Help me out guys, have been confused for nearly a week

need any additional information, do let me know.. awaiting your replies and suggestions.

Thread Starter #3
@shrey.. heard RTR 180 ABS engine is not that good.

by the way in P200NS, will it be comfortable for my wife for long distance? my first bike and I dont want to regret it later...

i would say the p220 would be more of a commuter bike, long distance with a pillion ll do justice on a 220
but the drawback being its ageing

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #5
@shaheen

then 220 is out of this context, planning to keep this bike for atleast 6-9 years,

As Shrey mentioned, thinking about RTR 180 ABS now.

I more concerned about these two factors too my friend
-Comfort in riding
-Less maintenance

Buddy looking at your requirements, P220 is the bike to go for, it will serve you fantastically.
I have owned one in past and just bought one more and even covered 1100+ kms in just 17 days.

6-9 years if you are intending on retaining the bike
then you should drop the idea of a tvs
they dont last so much and i seriously doubt d built quality of an apache
why not a honda or a yammie ?
both are reliable as faar as i know

@rodus

Yes I agree with shaheen here, for 6-9 years forget about TVS as well Bajaj(present models, they are not strong like earlier). Yes may be a Honda bike 150 cc will do the job and even GS 150R of suzuki is also a good bike.

When you use it for just 15km a day and weekend long drives, 150cc would be ok according to me and maximum may be a 200cc, but 220 will be too much for your requirements

Thread Starter #10
thanks alot guys

really my mind is fixed on pulsar lol. ok taking your suggesntions I am dropping Pulsar
but considering fzs and fazer too. my only question will it fit me as I am tall.. it wont give me back pain right?

Hi Rookie,
I am owning Fazer since last 3 months.
You can check my review on
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...maha-fazer-red-feb-2013-1-500-kms-review.html
Last week I have completed 3K kms and have completed 2nd service. The bike is now too confortable and I personally have no issues releated to back pain. Yes if you are looking for a fuel efficient bike then this may not match much since I am getting close to 40-45 FE with speeds ranging between 50 to 70
The most important part is you have Yamaha assurity and the bike should last longer in a good condition as well. Take a TD and decide

Mr.Rodus@

for the long lasting consider hero/Honda/Suzuki only. Current Yamahas( Fz/Fazer/r15) you consider are not good for your requirement. P220 is good but considering the Bajaj service & Spares, replacing models year on year, I am not confident about the scenario after 5 years. Please check on the below options in order

1.Karizma(OLD model)
2.Hero Zmr
3. GS 150R
4. Cbz
5.unicorn

I feel 150 cc is enough for usage. For the highway purpose GS 150 r is good and for rear disc brake and looks it is CBZ.

@ Macsvin,

it is too early to suggest your bike for thread starters use. From my experiance, fazer is lowon milage and high on maintenance and not much comfortable for long distance traveling specially for pillions compared to other bikes mentioned above

Last edited:

Top Bottom