What Bike? FZ16 vs Pulsar 200NS vs CBR 150R vs Duke vs R15

Thread Starter #1
hello , i am 6 feet tall and weigh 55 kg and i live in Bangalore.

i am planning to buy my first bike very shortly and i am looking for bike with good looks , performance ,reliable for at least 5 years without much problems, mileage of at least 35 .Bike is mainly for city rides with occasional road trips .

Initially only bike i had in my list was fz but due to its comparatively low power and slight doubt whether it would suit my height , pulsar 200 NS made way into the list .

NS has good power suits my height perfectly , when it seemed it is perfect for me , came along its problems . Heard there was lot of vibrations when bike goes above 60 kmpl . no offence to NS owners its what i heard so please correct me if i am wrong and give me more info ab NS, and hence honda cbr 150r joined the list .

CBR 150 r is good bike for beginners but personally i felt its cost is too high and and hence duke also made to the list .

Duke , though being costly , i felt it is worth but does it suit my height ?? doesn't it look small when i am on it ?? and out of nowhere r15 v 2.0 also joined the list yesterday

I know this is the best bike but i have avoided it from beginning thinking that it absolutely doesn't suit my height , i thought this bike is for guys within 6 feet but in some reviews i saw it does even suit for 6 2' guys and now i am pretty much baffled .

For my height karizma suits me but i am not interested in it since its quite old now

i know TD all this bikes will give me idea but before that thought of asking the owners about their bike performance particularly about pulsar 200 NS

so the bikes in my list are Fz , pulsar 200 NS , cbr 150R , duke and r15 v 2.0 .
pls suggest me which one to go for considering this is my first bike and i am just 54 kg [:)]

Re: which bike to buy??

If you want a reliable bike with the best performance, handling and killer looks, go for R15 V 2.0 . I am 6'2 and weigh 76Kgs and proud owner of R15 v2[:D]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

If you want a reliable bike with the best performance, handling and killer looks, go for R15 V 2.0 . I am 6'2 and weigh 76Kgs and proud owner of R15 v2[:D]
Don't u get any back pains and did u take some time adjusting to its seating position

@Kool jack: If you are looking to go for R15 v2 and worried about the weight and height than i just have to say that: Go ahead. We have the limited Edition and 2012 model and i weight around 74 kgs and my brother is 6'0 and neither of us have any problems riding the bike.
Infact i was using a bike after 4 years since i was in US and i had no problem as soon as i sat on the bike and it was just perfect.

And since you will be using it in city as well, you are going to love it. Especially when you overtake. Also the best part is the brakes of the bike, gives you immense confidence.
Here's my ownership link, hope it helps you:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-r15-v2-limited-edition-ownership-review.html

You People have any ideas on Suzuki GS 150 R? i know i'm diverting your topic . but i need to know this. The reviews are Good (Google d it)but want to confirm this from your side.

Cool Jack @ If you are going to buy within the next 6 months, You can add Suzuki GW 250 Inazuma in the list. 250CC, 25 BHP, Twin cylinder, price below 1.5 lakhs.Expected launch by July.

Dasari@ Gs 150 R is good bike (I lke to call it cruiser ).I own one from 1st may 2010. Almost 3 years, 48000 Km. Except service expenses not a penny i need to spent for it. Changed Brake shoes/pads and air filter once. Still using stock chain and tires. Like Suzuki add "a no problem bike". Giving a good mileage of above 50Km/l. A best bike if you are riding more than 60km daily and also a good performance and smooth ride in highway with its 6th gear. For more discussion please start a new thread

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
@Kool jack: If you are looking to go for R15 v2 and worried about the weight and height than i just have to say that: Go ahead. We have the limited Edition and 2012 model and i weight around 74 kgs and my brother is 6'0 and neither of us have any problems riding the bike.
Infact i was using a bike after 4 years since i was in US and i had no problem as soon as i sat on the bike and it was just perfect.

And since you will be using it in city as well, you are going to love it. Especially when you overtake. Also the best part is the brakes of the bike, gives you immense confidence.
Here's my ownership link, hope it helps you:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-r15-v2-limited-edition-ownership-review.html
thanks man . starting to love this bike will TD and decide
No back pains, No wrist pain (I even drove my R15 with small crack in my right wrist[glasses]). Only problem is R15 makes you addict to it[frustration]
but the back seat is way too high , so dad is saying no to it , should convince him some how
Cool Jack @ If you are going to buy within the next 6 months, You can add Suzuki GW 250 Inazuma in the list. 250CC, 25 BHP, Twin cylinder, price below 1.5 lakhs.Expected launch by July.

Dasari@ Gs 150 R is good bike (I lke to call it cruiser ).I own one from 1st may 2010. Almost 3 years, 48000 Km. Except service expenses not a penny i need to spent for it. Changed Brake shoes/pads and air filter once. Still using stock chain and tires. Like Suzuki add "a no problem bike". Giving a good mileage of above 50Km/l. A best bike if you are riding more than 60km daily and also a good performance and smooth ride in highway with its 6th gear. For more discussion please start a new thread
thanks releesh but i am planning to buy next month only and i cant afford 1.5lakhs + on road price

Are you sure about the launch buddy ? it will be yummy if it was launched in that price bracket. [evil]

@ kool jack If you are not bothered for the pillion go for r15 .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
thanks for the reply guys :) . all of u have suggested r15 but as soon as my dad saw the pillion seat he is suggesting me to choose another bike:( ,will try to convince him

so other than r 15 which u guys would suggest. i like NS very much so pls tell me is it a good bike to go ?

thanks for the reply guys :) . all of u have suggested r15 but as soon as my dad saw the pillion seat he is suggesting me to choose another bike:( ,will try to convince him

so other than r 15 which u guys would suggest. i like NS very much so pls tell me is it a good bike to go ?
Yeah r15 is loosing huge potential buyers cause of the pillion including me if I go for my next bike, r15 V2 will be rejected in the first lot for sure [frustration] what is there in riding without a pillion.[;)]
NS is a good bike and the best vfm product. we have a couple of happy NS owners in our forum.wait till they can comment.
CBR150 a little bit over priced but the pillion makes it in the list.

Last edited:
I own a Karizma ZMR and it's good and comfy bike giving mileage around 44 in Bangalore even my BIL ZMR gives same mileage. The best part of the bike is comfort and it's good for 25+ guys (especially IT guys), you will not get tired and no backache issue which I felt in Pulsar (4 years of ownership).

Going for a bike, you should decide what exact you are looking for if race track bike then no one can beat KTM Duke and I feel this is best among all the list with killer looks and power pickup. I witness everyday at many traffic signals where Duke goes at zooming speed. Go for it.

If you like most comfy bike then go for RE.

Top Bottom