Suggest a Gearless Scooter

Thread Starter #1
I am looking for a new gearless scooter. I already have tvs Apache, The gearless scooter will be mainly used by my wife.

I have done no research yet, I think I would first Ask you fellows and then research and choose the one from the suggestions I get.

Please advice based on durability, performance, mileage, and look. Price is no constraint as of now. Durability and mileage are more important i guess.

Please also suggest what alternatives do I have.

Thanks

Re: Suggest a gear less scooter

sramanandi, well there are many options available now in the market but out of the lot if you want to go with the most selling options available today are
honda activa
suzuki access/swish
tvs wego
hero mastero
all are in the range of 109 to 125cc segment and costing between 50 to 60k's.

Test ride the TVS wego, it's body balance technology coupled with the plush telescopic forks aids in ease of riding.

Take a TD of the following and then decide on drivability and road response.

TVS Wego

Honda Activa / Dio

Suzuki Access

Peugeot Vespa LX125 (though service centre might be a matter of concern)

Please advice based on durability, performance, mileage, and look. Price is no constraint as of now. Durability and mileage are more important i guess.
Durability : Honda Activa.

Performance : Suzuki Access.

Mileage : TVS Scooty.

Look : You decide what would look good to you.

Durability and Mileage are important : Honda Activa HET.

Overall : TVS Wego (Disc brake version).

Actually I am also looking for a 'Second-Hand' weightless /not so heavy gearless for my wife. I want her to learn two wheeler as well. She is scared of Activa/Access which is there at our house. For teaching in scooty pep, driving school charges 3000RS + 800 for license. I thought, if i can get a second hand scooty in 6-10K, isn't that better. We can sell it once she is really confident and later she can try activa or access. She does not even have a cycle balance. I tried two three times on Activa. She just raises the accelerator. So i need a two wheeler where even if she raise the accelerator, it should not go that faster. I do not want her to get hurt (yeah - you heard it right [;])

Should i start a separate thread ? Am I hijacking this thread ?

Thread Starter #9
Okey, today I took test drive of Wego, Aviator, Suzuki swish, vespa, Yamaha ray, And I already have access.

Wego: Body balance technology is nice, but some how I do not like the look and power, so its out of my choice.

Yamaha ray: Power is good, Look is also not that bad, but still not my choice.

Aviator: Power is poor compared to access/swish/vespa, but I like the look, and it also has brand name like Activa, should be good resell value as well. Plus better mileage then Swish/Access

Vespa: Its an over all good package, Agency says It gives mileage of 50KMPL in city, it has got a really tough metal body without joints. 125CC, good power. I like the look as well, though its odo meter could have been better. It costs atleast 9K more then any other. I am little bit concerned about weight because my wife will be driving it.

Suzuki swish: Good power, like the look as well, plus already proven name of access. Poor mileage of 35-40 KMPL.

So here are my choices, Vespa, Honda Aviator, Suzuki swish.
Which one would you suggest.

Note: Its for my wife, but I would be driving it as well.

So here are my choices, Vespa, Honda Aviator, Suzuki swish.
Which one would you suggest.

Note: Its for my wife, but I would be driving it as well.
If your priorities are the still same as you had described in your opening post, then my all means go for the Aviator out of this lot. Just make sure to buy the disc brake version.

Actually I am also looking for a 'Second-Hand' weightless /not so heavy gearless for my wife.

Should i start a separate thread ? Am I hijacking this thread ?
Since your requirement will be different w.r.t this thread initiator, it is better to start a new thread.

Coming to your point, you can get old Scooty ES ranging from 5k~10k, which is light in weight, best for learning as it is short as well.

As you said you already have an suzuki access as home, so is your wife comfortable with access,cause avaitor would be more on the height then the rest.
Take your wife along and see which one suits her more to ride and comfort and then decide.

Thread Starter #14
As you said you already have an suzuki access as home, so is your wife comfortable with access,cause avaitor would be more on the height then the rest.
Take your wife along and see which one suits her more to ride and comfort and then decide.
This is a surprise gift for my wife on her birthday next month.. can not take her for TD

Top Bottom