Planning To Buy a New Bike - Price Rs.75K To 125K

Thread Starter #1
My first bike Rx-100 1989-2001 (later It's modified)
Next RD-350 ( for 6 months) due to some external pressure i have to sold it[frustration]
TVS-victor (for 3 Years)
HH-passion (2 years)
Honda Activa (2006- still now) My wife using it
Due to some back-pain i stopped riding two wheelers for the past 3 years, But I like bike riding and now planning to have one...
I am 6 feet and still have some back-pain, daily usage 10 km, weekend it may extend to 50km..
Need some expert suggestions from my frnds
My first priority is comfort, then style,performance and the least is FE.

Re: Planning To Buy a New Bike - Price Rs.75L To 125K

Because of your back problem I would not suggest you any two wheeler as it will only worsen your condition with time. and my first suggestion would be to go and buy a 4 wheeler.

However, being a rider myself I know how it is.... so for that reason only I would suggest you to go for a bajaj avenger or a used enfield in your budget, because these are the only bikes in your budget (pls get the topic name changed to 75k and not 75L) which will be comfortable, and will suit your height

Any of the other bikes in this price range have slight forward stance which might increase the back pain be it the Apache, pulsar series or FZ series.

My first bike Rx-100 1989-2001 (later It's modified)
Next RD-350 ( for 6 months) due to some external pressure i have to sold it[frustration]
TVS-victor (for 3 Years)
HH-passion (2 years)
Honda Activa (2006- still now) My wife using it
Due to some back-pain i stopped riding two wheelers for the past 3 years, But I like bike riding and now planning to have one...
I am 6 feet and still have some back-pain, daily usage 10 km, weekend it may extend to 50km..
Need some expert suggestions from my frnds
My first priority is comfort, then style,performance and the least is FE.
Love you for posting this. Back problem but still having the biker itch! Way to go!

Stop thinking, increase your budget by another Rs.15000 and buy a Thunderbird 350. Its the only bike whose ergonomics could cosset your back. All the very best!

I liked both Kinshuk and sam's suggestion, both these bikes are perfect for you the only concern would be TB waiting period.

Please do takes a test ride of both these bikes and give us your feedback.

Because of your back problem I would not suggest you any two wheeler as it will only worsen your condition with time. and my first suggestion would be to go and buy a 4 wheeler.

However, being a rider myself I know how it is.... so for that reason only I would suggest you to go for a bajaj avenger or a used enfield in your budget, because these are the only bikes in your budget (pls get the topic name changed to 75k and not 75L) which will be comfortable, and will suit your height

Any of the other bikes in this price range have slight forward stance which might increase the back pain be it the Apache, pulsar series or FZ series.
R u Sure that Riding Apache leads to back pain??? Did you face back pain while riding your FZ? Are all the riders are prone to pain or only some face this.[confused]

Riding anything which is not compatible with the normal human posture(read forward/aggressive stance bikes) will cause back problems. Some backs can take it some cant. I have heard 2 instances with Apache riders complaining of back problems but at the same time I havent heard any R15 riders complaining of the same even though it has a more aggressive riding posture.

It also depends on what kind of back pain you have. If it is only muscular it might go away with some back exercises and will go away eventually as your back gets used to it, but if it is a type of pain which keeps returning you might want to consult a doctor.

As far as I am concerned I havent had any back problems till now. Been riding two wheelers from the past 7 years and FZ from the past 3. Havle also done some really long rides (600+km in a day, but the pain and any discomfort was gone in two days)

I would say every rider is prone to back pain but the better you care about it and improve your muscles the lesser the risk will be.

But frankly speaking I dont think with your usage of 10km daily and 50kms on weekend it should be any issue, still, to be on the safer side I would say first consult a doctor, it all depends on how serious it is.

Thread Starter #7

Love you for posting this. Back problem but still having the biker itch! Way to go!

Stop thinking, increase your budget by another Rs.15000 and buy a Thunderbird 350. Its the only bike whose ergonomics could cosset your back. All the very best!

Thanks frnd,

Still today i don't ride a bullet..i think it's heavy compare to other bikes and it may increase my back pain. Some frnds suggest me UNICORN, last day i test drive it... and i think it's ok for me..
I heard some face lifted unicorn is coming in future, any idea about that?

Thread Starter #8

Riding anything which is not compatible with the normal human posture(read forward/aggressive stance bikes) will cause back problems. Some backs can take it some cant. I have heard 2 instances with Apache riders complaining of back problems but at the same time I havent heard any R15 riders complaining of the same even though it has a more aggressive riding posture.

It also depends on what kind of back pain you have. If it is only muscular it might go away with some back exercises and will go away eventually as your back gets used to it, but if it is a type of pain which keeps returning you might want to consult a doctor.

As far as I am concerned I havent had any back problems till now. Been riding two wheelers from the past 7 years and FZ from the past 3. Havle also done some really long rides (600+km in a day, but the pain and any discomfort was gone in two days)

I would say every rider is prone to back pain but the better you care about it and improve your muscles the lesser the risk will be.

But frankly speaking I dont think with your usage of 10km daily and 50kms on weekend it should be any issue, still, to be on the safer side I would say first consult a doctor, it all depends on how serious it is.
thanks frnd,

From 1989 i riding bikes, Yamaha rx-100 almost 2 lac km, victor around 35,000 km, and HH passion around 15,000.km

My back pain started in 2006- and the problem diagnosed is slip disc and it's painful too. I take 9 months treatment for curing it,(about 6 months almost bed rest), after that i take HH passion, and back again .[frustration] and sold it
Now i play shuttle badminton (little) and now I am ok...
But I still like to have my own two wheel..[:)] and write an exclusive ownership review
While some one riding in a new bike and overtaking me at that night i will search all the forums for my requirement, but still today i can't find one..
I am sure we can find a suitable bike for me ....
Expecting your valuable comments and suggestions..

Thread Starter #9

I liked both Kinshuk and sam's suggestion, both these bikes are perfect for you the only concern would be TB waiting period.

visran,

Thank you for your suggestion,sorry to say,still today i don't get the time to test drive because of my work schedule.I think i can do it in coming Saturday

Thread Starter #11

At last i got a chance to TD both avenger and TB.( Both in city, off road and high way)
To test drive TB. I traveled 80 kms,
I think avenger is not my cup of tea.. both me and my wife not like it..
But thunder bird it's a good experience[:D]

We like the vehicle....
I found some -ve fact
There is a slipping in gear shift ( all the time it's going in neutral position)
The ASM told new vehicle coming with anti slip mechanism and it will rectify the problem
Above 80 km there is a vibration in all the body
The horn is not up to the mark.
And I feel the fuel tank is big compare to other RE vehicles

And at last the waiting period..... -6-8 months...
Comparing Avenger and TB there is huge difference in price,
But We decided to book it tomorrow and now a confusion arise what color, I seen only one color in the showroom (black)
Any one new the other colors please post the pics.

Congrats sbtrajesh[clap]

what is the advance amount? when you are going to take delivery?

Ha ha i was shocked to see a bike priced around 75 lacs.[surprise] By seeing threads name.

The range is 75 K to 125 K.

Hope its the typo error.[lol]

Top Bottom