Need Suggestions For Buying a New Bike (Range Rs.60K To 1 Lakh)

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys[lol],

Im Planning to buy a New Bike or can Book with in a week. Here are the initial considerations how my bike should be.
Bike considered : Hero CBZ , Royal Enfield (Bullet - Electra-350 cc) , Honda-Unicorn Dazzler , Hero-Karizma
Cost : 60k to 1L.

Please Give a Better Suggestions (Bikes) under this cost. your replies are most welcomed.

Thanks!

Re: Need Suggestions for buying a New Bike (Range 60 k to 1L)

Welcome to TAI .
One thing i can tell for sure. Bullet Electra wont come in 1Lakh budget. It is 1,17,000 - 1,22,000.

Unicorn is not sporty as Karizma. (I think even that costs almost a lakh or more)
CBZ is also kind of sporty look (you need to bend a bit to drive).

Thread Starter #3
Re: Need Suggestions for buying a New Bike (Range 60 k to 1L)

Thank you Appus , According to you Can you please tell me the bikes which are under my price range other than i considered bikes.

please tell your requirements and major points of consideration first. and something about yourself.

if you say milleage go for pulsar series, if you say refinement go with yamaha or honda, if you say all round package go for fz series, a bit more performance than pulsar and FZ go for apache series but then will have to compromise on vibes and refinement (I am not trying to start a brand war, these are my opinions which have been formed and changed over a couple of years)

from 60k to 1 lakh the bikes are:

1. FZ series, FZ-16, FZ-6, Fazer
2. Apache series, 160, 180
3. HMC's 150 series, glamour, impulse, cbz etc.
4. Karizma
5. Pulsar series, 135, 150, 180, 200, 220
6. Suzuki gs150r
7. Avenger
8. honda's 150 except cbr150r , unicorn, dazzler, stunner, trigger
9. used R15, enfields, RD350, Rx-100, RX-135

cant remember if there is anything else right now.

Thread Starter #7
@Dasari:
What about Pulsar 200 or 220?
Ok Vipul i will consider Pulsar also but if i look for another new bike(after having fed up with this bike) say after 4-5 years in that case i think so i wont get a good second sale compared to Hero.

@dasari: for getting those extra couple of thousands 5 years down the line you will compromise for the next 5 years. Do you think those extra thousands are worth it?

Thread Starter #9
please tell your requirements and major points of consideration first. and something about yourself.

if you say milleage go for pulsar series, if you say refinement go with yamaha or honda, if you say all round package go for fz series, a bit more performance than pulsar and FZ go for apache series but then will have to compromise on vibes and refinement (I am not trying to start a brand war, these are my opinions which have been formed and changed over a couple of years)

from 60k to 1 lakh the bikes are:

1. FZ series, FZ-16, FZ-6, Fazer
2. Apache series, 160, 180
3. HMC's 150 series, glamour, impulse, cbz etc.
4. Karizma
5. Pulsar series, 135, 150, 180, 200, 220
6. Suzuki gs150r
7. Avenger
8. honda's 150 except cbr150r , unicorn, dazzler, stunner, trigger
9. used R15, enfields, RD350, Rx-100, RX-135

cant remember if there is anything else right now.
Good points arya,

Let me say About my self , Im Suresh Dasari from Hyderabad works in a software company age:24, Height : 5' 9''

1) As my height is 5 ' 9'' yamaha FZ series wont look good . what you say?
2) Apache also has same problem , we need to bend forward this leads to back pain (my colleague used to bring a pillow for relaxing his backbone while sitting in office)
3)Considered Hero CBZ heard that the new model is over styled is it?
4)Karizma-considered this Need to know exact price if it exceeds 1L i can go for a Enfield (bullet-electra)
5)pulsar - No second sale.
6)Suzuki? - I don't know...will they give a better milleage?
7)Avenger - If i have any plans for this , then i will go for Royal Enfield Bullet , By the what is on road price of avenger.
8) Considered Unicorn Dazzler Need Good review do u have any idea of dazzler , mileage? Look? Reviews?

Please Give your reviews whether my above assumptions are correct?, Basically i m looking for a 150 cc to 180 cc bikes. I have plans to buy Bullet If im not convinced with any of the bikes which are listed [;)]

Good points arya,

Let me say About my self , Im Suresh Dasari from Hyderabad works in a software company age:24, Height : 5' 9''

1) As my height is 5 ' 9'' yamaha FZ series wont look good . what you say?
2) Apache also has same problem , we need to bend forward this leads to back pain (my colleague used to bring a pillow for relaxing his backbone while sitting in office)
3)Considered Hero CBZ heard that the new model is over styled is it?
4)Karizma-considered this Need to know exact price if it exceeds 1L i can go for a Enfield (bullet-electra)
5)pulsar - No second sale.
6)Suzuki? - I don't know...will they give a better milleage?
7)Avenger - If i have any plans for this , then i will go for Royal Enfield Bullet , By the what is on road price of avenger.
8) Considered Unicorn Dazzler Need Good review do u have any idea of dazzler , mileage? Look? Reviews?

Please Give your reviews whether my above assumptions are correct?, Basically i m looking for a 150 cc to 180 cc bikes. I have plans to buy Bullet If im not convinced with any of the bikes which are listed [;)]

I am 5'8" been riding FZ from the past 3 years 33k+ kms.. frequent long rides. No trouble with the back.

On Road price of Karizma is I guess less than a lakh but you can get the exact by contacting any of the dealers. Should be at par with Avenger.

GS150R gives a mileage of around 50 in power mode.

any of the enfields will cost at least 1.4l on road hyderabad.

Unicorn Dazzler has the same engine as that of Unicorn, Glamour, CBZ etc. the engine is well proven giving a mileage of 55-60kmpl. looks are a subjective matter. You need to take a TD of the bikes before assuming anything.

Hero CBZ. Overstyled or not its upto you. dont go by the opinions on the forum and decide on your own as it is a subjective matter

Somehow I get a feeling that you are a bullet fan, and somehow the budget if extended to 1.5l wont be a problem may be with some difficulties but it can be done.

I would suggest you to take a TD of the following:

1. FZ/Fazer FZ on road is 80, Fazer is i guess around 90
2. Karizma on road is around 95, CBZ on road around 75.
3. Avenger on road should be around 90
4. Dazzler
5. GS150R on road should be around 75
6. Lastly take one of the enfields.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
I am 5'8" been riding FZ from the past 3 years 33k+ kms.. frequent long rides. No trouble with the back.

On Road price of Karizma is I guess less than a lakh but you can get the exact by contacting any of the dealers. Should be at par with Avenger.

GS150R gives a mileage of around 50 in power mode.

any of the enfields will cost at least 1.4l on road hyderabad.

Unicorn Dazzler has the same engine as that of Unicorn, Glamour, CBZ etc. the engine is well proven giving a mileage of 55-60kmpl. looks are a subjective matter. You need to take a TD of the bikes before assuming anything.

Hero CBZ. Overstyled or not its upto you. dont go by the opinions on the forum and decide on your own as it is a subjective matter

Somehow I get a feeling that you are a bullet fan, and somehow the budget if extended to 1.5l wont be a problem may be with some difficulties but it can be done.

I would suggest you to take a TD of the following:

1. FZ/Fazer FZ on road is 80, Fazer is i guess around 90
2. Karizma on road is around 95, CBZ on road around 75.
3. Avenger on road should be around 90
4. Dazzler
5. GS150R on road should be around 75
6. Lastly take one of the enfields.
Thank you , Will Go for a ride to all the showrooms tomorrow and will update to you about the bike i have booked [:)]

Suresh,if you enjoy riding and love to cruise occassional highways as well, look no beyond RE lineup, stretchup a bit and buy a enfield,nothing can come near this machine.
If its for your routine purpose of city drives, office and all many options which our members have shared with you to look at.

@Dasari: Its good that you do not have any particular shortlist - it leaves the entire field open for you to make choices. I would suggest you to check out each and every motorcycle (listed by Kinshuk) personally by taking a long test ride under different traffic conditions. That would give you a fair idea of their capabilities viz a viz your requirements. Objectivity is the best analytical tool to decide upon a vehicle unless one's heart is set upon a particular automobile.

p.s.: 1. Dont bother about resale. How do a couple of thousand rupees here or there matter after 5 years? The annuity value of a rupee and the rate of inflation are reasons enough to render your apprehension about resale value as redundant.

2. Enfields arent everbody's cup of tea.

Last edited:

Top Bottom