• Yamaha Ray

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Suzuki Access

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Hero Maestro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Friends need to buy a new scooter for my father. he is around 60 years old. so the priority is easy handling,comfortable ride & good fuel efficiency..his legandary LML vespa select just had its last breath...i went about exploring the scooter market both online & offline as i do not want to waste my
hard-earned money on some rash decision plus due to my itch of knowing everything about my purchase.i can say i have come
out a bit more enlightened than before.these are my observations on the various scooters currently available in the market which interested
me (not in any order of priority):-

1.Honda Activa - pros: reliable & established,resale value,parts availability,mileage,engine, cons:

suspension,ubiquitous,service quality,heavy,
2.Honda Aviator - pros: disk brake,stylish,leg space, cons: service quality,heavy,
3.TVS Wego - pros: handling,weight,fuel tank opening,balance,mileage,tyres,suspension,braking,ride quality,metal body,

cons: pickup,resale value,power,
4.Yamaha Ray - pros: stylish,suspension,handling,compact, cons: newly launched,gender-bias,leg space,storage,
5.Suzuki Access - pros: pickup,power cons: weight,
6.Hero Maestro - pros: engine,digital console cons: withdrawal rumors,heavy

Out of this Wego & Ray interested me the most.also i forgot to check for the parking brake in the scooters except the Activa.please give your inputs & advice.

Welcome to TAI !! buddy

If your father is having good height then, it is the Aviator which gives him real good comfort man and its honda and be assured on the maintenance part(this I am saying with my friends Aviator which is 3 year old now, I often drive it)

Thread Starter #3
Welcome to TAI !! buddy

If your father is having good height then, it is the Aviator which gives him real good comfort man and its honda and be assured on the maintenance part(this I am saying with my friends Aviator which is 3 year old now, I often drive it)
Thanks for the prompt response.i forgot to mention that papa is 5.8 tall.also our budget is 60000.that is why i omitted the newly launched LML Vespa.also can you please elucidate about any pillion-riding problems in aviator.because mom will be frequently sitting behind.one of my friends has strongly asked me to abstain from Aviator because of these problem.he says that he bought it & now repenting because when he takes a pillion rider it is very difficult driving.[confused]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to the TAI world.[:D]

I would suggest you for a Suzuki Access. Apart from the cons you have mentioned, from what I have seen, it has a better road grip and a pillion can easy fit on its broad seat.
Pickup and power are of course there.

Hi drsamratroy, welcome to TAI.

I think TVS wego would fit the bill, because its lighter, easy to handle and okayish mileage.

I've heard Wego has got nice suspension setup which has very good handling making it easy for the ones who look for less weight bikes.

I would suggest you for a Suzuki Access. Apart from the cons you have mentioned, from what I have seen, it has a better road grip and a pillion can easy fit on its broad seat.
True you are, but Access weighs a lot, so in this buying aspect it is best avoided, younger generation people can ride it well.

Thread Starter #6
Hi drsamratroy, welcome to TAI.

I think TVS wego would fit the bill, because its lighter, easy to handle and okayish mileage.

I've heard Wego has got nice suspension setup which has very good handling making it easy for the ones who look for less weight bikes.

True you are, but Access weighs a lot, so in this buying aspect it is best avoided, younger generation people can ride it well.

yes that is what really goes against Access.its weight is something i need to avoid.in this aspect Wego impressed me a lot.i had almost finalised it when i got to know about ay.can anyone point me to some ownership reviews for it?

Last edited:
I say go with the Wego, as it comes with a good ride quality thanks to its telescopic suspension and a bigger tyre, handling prowess too is excellent.

Honda activa 2013, the best seller improved engine resulting more mileage and if he is used of riding it is not that heavy.(though it may feel heavy for the biginers)

If not Aviator, then it should be Wego no doubt with good telescopic suspension and nice power and very easy to drive and not bulky at all[:)]

Even though my personal choice from this lot would be the Access because of its ebullient engine performance, I would not suggest the same for your father.

From the point of view of a 60 year old man, the most important things are ease of operation, comfort, reliability, and predictable handling. Power is something an old man DEFINITELY doesnt want and he has saved enough money by that age to care two hoots about a couple of kmpl here or there. Everything else takes the backstage.

The choice is crystal clear. Go get you father a TVS Wego.

Opt for wego, my wife uses it since two years and no issues so far.
Even my father used to love riding this scooter,easy,light to maneveur and to park as well on double stands where for him activa was more harder to place on stands compared to Wego with its body balance technology.Fuel filling is easy so no hassles to get up the riding position and lift the seats.

Thread Starter #14
so then friends i will be going for the Wego (99%) when i go back to my place at the end of this month.thanks for the awesome advice & suggestions xbhpians.i had called the TVS showroom for the details.they also appeared very customer-friendly unlike Honda.they quoted me a price of 59,000 of the Box-variant which includes extended warranty,floor mat,side-stand & foot-rest.now my friends kindly tell me what are the things one must check before the purchase.also what are the accessories required other than that ? should i take the above accessories from them or get it fitted from a third-party ? wego-owners especially what did you do?

Top Bottom