Best Resale Value: KTM Duke or R15?

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this forum. I have decided to replace my two year old Honda CB Twister (18,500) with a better bike. I have shortlisted the KTM Duke 200 and the Yamaha R15. However, I won't be needing the bike much after 1.5 years and may look to sell it two years from now.

My Queries:

1. Which bike has a better resale value ?

2. The yamaha guy quoted a price of Rs. 22,000 from my twister. I bought it for 56,000. Is the price quoted reasonable?

3. I am short (err..5' 3") normal build. I find that my heels touch the ground in the R15 and the Duke is a little higher (about the same height as Twister). Will getting these macho looking bikes be an overkill for my appearance? ( I find no difficulty in riding the bikes though)

4. I felt pressure in my back wile riding the R15 and that ultimately resulted in pain after I finished my test drive. Will I get used to this or is this a serious problem?

Thanks for your time,
Artemis.

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this forum. I have decided to replace my two year old Honda CB Twister (18,500) with a better bike. I have shortlisted the KTM Duke 200 and the Yamaha R15. However, I won't be needing the bike much after 1.5 years and may look to sell it two years from now.

My Queries:

1. Which bike has a better resale value ?

2. The yamaha guy quoted a price of Rs. 22,000 from my twister. I bought it for 56,000. Is the price quoted reasonable?

3. I am short (err..5' 3") normal build. I find that my heels touch the ground in the R15 and the Duke is a little higher (about the same height as Twister). Will getting these macho looking bikes be an overkill for my appearance? ( I find no difficulty in riding the bikes though)

4. I felt pressure in my back wile riding the R15 and that ultimately resulted in pain after I finished my test drive. Will I get used to this or is this a serious problem?

Thanks for your time,
Artemis.
Welcome to The Automotive India buddy.

First of all R15 and KTN DUKE are both different kind of a bike. One of them is more on the sporty side (R15) whereas the Duke is a naked bike.

I personally own a R15 v2 Limited Edition and the wrist and back pain that you talking about is quite normal for a new rider. But that only persists for a small period of time or let's say for 1-2 rides. And then it goes away. My brother made his first trip of around 180 kms on the third day of delivery and had encountered wrist pain after his first trip. But after that he never complained about the wrist pain. And he has done the same journey almost 10-12 times after that.

Check out the following reviews, hope they help you:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-r15-v2-limited-edition-ownership-review.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/7892-ktm-duke-200-i.html

AMG

Suspended
Also both the bikes are at the premium end of the segment, so they will depriciate quite a lot.
Honda CBR is known to have the best resale. Any reason to leave that out?

Thread Starter #4
Hi guys,

Thanks for the response. I left out the cbr due to its weight (I am tiny) I have booked the R15. For some reason, I felt that the duke was a little bit on the taller side and felt heavier.

Could anyone please tell me about a reasonable price range to sell my old honda cb twister?

18,500 kms, black, 2010 model.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the response. I left out the cbr due to its weight (I am tiny) I have booked the R15. For some reason, I felt that the duke was a little bit on the taller side and felt heavier.

Could anyone please tell me about a reasonable price range to sell my old honda cb twister?

18,500 kms, black, 2010 model.
Congratulations on booking the R15[clap].

What color did you booked and when is the delivery?

Trust me you won't regret your decision buddy. [:)]

Top Bottom