Purchasing New Volkswagen Polo 1.2 2012 Refresh Model

Thread Starter #1
Guys, I need all your help. I am in the process of booking a Volkswagen Polo 1.2 Highline TDI in a day or two. The dealer informed me all models sold at present is the 2012 refresh model and they provide with all new features which didn't come in the older one like USB, Aux In. The waiting period is about a week to 10 days. I really don't know how far that is true.

Please help me out guys with what freebies I need to request the dealer for and if at all any discounts available. [confused]

re: Purchasing New Volkswagen Polo 1.2 2012 Refresh Model; Need Inputs.

Hi
Don't go by verbal commitments, take it in writing from dealer that he will provide you the refreshed models. Congrats for the choice.
Keep calling them and ask them to tell the VIN number of vehicle allotted to you, after that come back here and I will let you know how to decode the VIN. If decoding shows that the car is newly manufactured, you can go ahead with delivery.
There won't be any discounts on diesel cars as far as I know. You may avail corporate discount at the most. Best of luck.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Purchasing New Volkswagen Polo 1.2 2012 Refresh Model; Need Inputs.

Please help me out guys with what freebies I need to request the dealer for and if at all any discounts available.
You have slightly better chance for bargain considering the approaching festive season. Although the focus should be on the cash discounts, insist of free insurance or annual maintenance contract. The accessories that dealers usually offer free include floor mats, mud mats, perfume, car cover, seat covers etc. Please also ensure to perform a thorough inspection once the car has been allotted (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pre-delivery-inspection-exhaustive-guide.html).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4

You have slightly better chance for bargain considering the approaching festive season. Although the focus should be on the cash discounts, insist of free insurance or annual maintenance contract. The accessories that dealers usually offer free include floor mats, mud mats, perfume, car cover, seat covers etc. Please also ensure to perform a thorough inspection once the car has been allotted (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pre-delivery-inspection-exhaustive-guide.html).

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks for that info buddy.. Have booked a Black Polo 1.2 Highline TDI.. Delivery expected by around a week [:)]. Hoping to get good freebies. Also, isn't the bluetooth and reverse sensor standard in the refresh highline models ??? Just want to confirm it if any of you guys here know about it.

Thanks for that info buddy.. Have booked a Black Polo 1.2 Highline TDI.. Delivery expected by around a week [:)]. Hoping to get good freebies. Also, isn't the bluetooth and reverse sensor standard in the refresh highline models ??? Just want to confirm it if any of you guys here know about it.
Congrats for the booking vasanth.
I spoke to a dealer, he says that bluetooth has to be purchased seperately which costs around 5000 Rs., but the reverse parking sensors are already included in highline. This parking sensor makes a beep beep sound and also shows the distance on the stereo display.
So you may purchase the BT module, in my opinion it looks really good.

Please let us know when you get delivery of your vehicle.
Cheers.[;)]

Hi Vasanth,

You can still bargain even if its a diesel car just say to the sales guy that some other volkswagon showroom is offering me this for free but you are charging for it. In the end the sales guy will atleast give you some discount on the accessories.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for that info buddy. Have booked a Black Polo 1.2 Highline TDI. Delivery expected by around a week. Hoping to get good freebies.
Congrats. I assume you have already discussed with the dealer about the freebies. Otherwise, I am afraid the chances are fat once the booking is done.

You can still bargain even if its a diesel car just say to the sales guy that some other volkswagon showroom is offering me this for free but you are charging for it. In the end the sales guy will atleast give you some discount on the accessories.
This is a common gimmick but doesn’t works always. In 2011 when I went shopping, I genuinely told a Ford dealer about the discounts that their competitor dealership was offering. However, they were quite adamant and out rightly refused to offer any discounts.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congrats Man [clap] finally how much discount were u managed to get [:)]
Whats the OTR price & which color.
Pls do post pics & start a ownership thread with buying and initial driving experience.

Thread Starter #13
Guys guess what. I step into the showroom today and the SE comes up and tells me there are new discounts which are being offered/announced today. Free Insurance for 1st Year, Corporate Discount, Cash Discount for selling my car for the Polo. [:)] All in all it comes to 45,000. I enquired if these discounts were for the old models or the Refresh models launched in Sep 2012 and SE tells me its for the Refresh Models and only announced this month (Oct). SE said all owners who bought Refresh models in Sep are cribbing about losing out on this [:D].

Congrats for the booking vasanth.
I spoke to a dealer, he says that bluetooth has to be purchased seperately which costs around 5000 Rs., but the reverse parking sensors are already included in highline. This parking sensor makes a beep beep sound and also shows the distance on the stereo display.
So you may purchase the BT module, in my opinion it looks really good.

Please let us know when you get delivery of your vehicle.
Cheers.[;)]
Buddy the bluetooth comes standard in Highline version. I enquired today with the SE.

With regards to accessories, it comes with Sun Control and Skirts. Need to purchase Mud Flaps and Seat Covers separtely.

I've asked the SE if he could include the cost of Seat Covers, Mud Flaps and Mats in my loan. He said would get back after consulting his Finance team. Told him if it was approved, i would install a navigation system too which they offer for 15k.

All in all it comes to 45,000. I enquired if these discounts were for the old models or the Refresh models launched in Sep 2012 and SE tells me its for the Refresh Models and only announced this month (Oct).
Buddy the bluetooth comes standard in Highline version. I enquired today with the SE..
This is great.
Decent discounts and many other features to opt for. You are one lucky chap I would say, otherwise squeezing discounts with vw ain't easy.

Bluetooth module- I was also confused so I called local dealer who only told me that its chargeable. Now who cares if you are getting it for free.
What are those skirts and sun controls you are talking about?

One more request, please keep us updated with your purchase and post few pics of the car. After delivery, please don't enjoy your polo that much that you disappear from TAI.[;)]

Thread Starter #15
This is great.
Decent discounts and many other features to opt for. You are one lucky chap I would say, otherwise squeezing discounts with vw ain't easy.

Bluetooth module- I was also confused so I called local dealer who only told me that its chargeable. Now who cares if you are getting it for free.
What are those skirts and sun controls you are talking about?

One more request, please keep us updated with your purchase and post few pics of the car. After delivery, please don't enjoy your polo that much that you disappear from TAI.[;)]
haha sure buddy. Will surely be active and post a lot of pics [:)]

Top Bottom