Building a New Passenger Bus Based on Ashok Leyland Viking 222

Thread Starter #1
I have a ashok leyland viking 222" Wheelbase chassis with rear air suspension and Rubber ended leaf in front. The body was built in Sutlej in the year 2006.Till now the fuel efficiency is best as compared to its rival in the market. This vehicle does night trips total Distance of 620 km up and down. Now i want to change this body and build a new one my friends please let your idea comes out.

Attachments

Re: Building a New Passenger Bus!

The current body style is Brilliant IMO,why not set it right? The cost will be more if you rip the body off and build a new one.

Well i have no experiences in this field,but a big fan of buses so I'll put up some ideas about making it a successful one:
1)Well its used for Intercity purposes,so comfort is a big thing where every passenger needs while journeying.So Push Back seats is a must.

2) I don't know much of body builders up at the north(Where your bus runs).But here in Bangalore there are many body builders like Prakash,Veera,Azad.etc.
Google the body builders near your place or try any other model at Sutlej itself.

Thread Starter #4

Basically our bus runs to bhubaneswar.And in orissa there exist few body builders like Ibiel,Agnee who can design well good Design but not compared as good to Prakash,TVS,Sutlej.

Thread Starter #5
New Luxury Bus....

Luxury Bus!

I am planning to add one more luxury bus to my fleet.

I own a Ashok Leyland 12M(4/86 ) Model luxury bus.

My Options are:

1. Viking 222" Wheelbase(PSV 4/161)
  2. Viking 244" WheelBase(PSV 4/170)
Friends please suggest some good coach builders.

My first bus was from Suraj Body Jalander.

why do you want to rebuild the bus? what is the budget?

in south, prakash, tvs irizar & veera are good options. in north, sutlej seems to be the best.

if you are opting for inter city travels, tvs irizar seems to be a great option if you have a BIG pocket. even prakash has a good design specifically for inter city coach, but i guess that is only for AC.

Price of Ashok leyland 222 viking

Well i am doing an estimate for a project but before i get into the whole thing i want to know the Price of Ashok leyland Viking 222 chassis (with rear Air suspension option ).

thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Price of Ashok leyland 222 viking

Well i am doing an estimate for a project but before i get into the whole thing i want to know the Price of Ashok leyland Viking 222 chassis (with rear Air suspension option ).

thank you.
Hi Aromal Padmajayan, welcome to TAI, good that you are buying a Viking, we don't know about the prices of these but i think you might get some rough idea about the pricing in this thread of Raj's:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...turbo-410-nm-torque-7-wheels-pics-pg-3-a.html.

Hello Everybody,

I want to know the cost of AC sleeper bus body, could somebody please give me the appr building cost of AC sleeper bus.

Thank you

Nitin

Top Bottom