Guys, went to Prakash today & decided on the body details. Sadly, i could not click any pics of the chassis (sorry guys) as it was parked in some other garage of Prakash.
1) Body will be similar to the current P8000 BMR plus. The only other body style available was a Volvo gimmick but that costs a whopping Rs. 2.8 lakhs more, so we opt out of it. Also, it was meant for long inter city trips with full length under body luggage area & all.
2) Instead of the conventional 'Harita' seats, we are mostly opting for seating by Vectra. We had a look at the seats & they looked far better, had a good quality finishing & were much more comfortable. Yes, it costs 35k more which was bought down to 25k after negotiation!
3) The AC unit is most probably by Thermoking or Jingyi. Jingyi costs 70k less than Thermoking which costs Rs. 4.9 lakhs & have heard good reviews about it too. But of course, Thermoking is a more reputed brand. Service of both is available in cochin. The AC bracket & pulley AL provides is not usable in the front door coach style, so we have to buy a different AC pulley assembly which costs Rs. 13k extra.
4) We like subtle interiors & the luggage rack will be beige in colour in rexine material & the side panels & roof will be of ABS
material, again beige.
5) Floor panelling is a special material, forgot its name! Costs some 8k extra.
6) All the other paid extras include flat bonnet, ABS
dashboard, Pneumatic automatic doors, etc. For the flat bonnet, the gear lever has to be modified which costs Rs. 4000 extra.
7) For the AC louvers/vents, we were given two options - standard & imported. the imported one looks cool with car like AC vents (which can be completely shut off) & aircraft style reading lamps & small night lamps but they cost a whopping 70k extra, so we are still thinking about it.