allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
> Your Budget: 6 - 7.5 lakhs

> New or Used: New Car

> Your Location: New Delhi, India

> Top Five Priorities: Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Luggage Space Design,

> Monthly Running: 1500 - 2000 kms

> Type of Fuel: Diesel

> For What Purpose: Regular Use ( Daily Office Commute )

> Seating Capacity: Maximum 4 Adults

> Type of Segment: Hatchback.

i currently own 3 hyundai's.
Santro Xing CNG which my sister drives.
i10 which my dad drives.
Verna which i drive.

My Sister's not comfortable with the santro anymore. so we are looking for a new car for her for city drive and one or two highway trips in 6 months.

ABS is a must. i told my dad how it will be helpful in situations so he has agreed for the same.

Top Contenders.

1. Hyundai Grand i10.

+ve's
* Ticks all the boxes for us.

-ve's
*Top end engine performance on highways.
* i own 3 hyundai's. and buying a 4th hyundai is just confusing me. what do you guys think ?
Car itself is perfect for us. But now we don't know which car we will sell (santro which has covered 100000 kms or the i10 which has covered near 70000 kms)

The Budget and the Need for us is for a hatchback.

2. MS Swift.
+ve's
*proven success
*dad likes the car

-ve's
* too old.
* rear and boot space.

3. VW polo
+ve's
*Good Build Quality

-ve's
*costly maintenance ?
* less rear space.

4. Ford Figo.
Don't know much about the cr but heard handling and suspension is good. and the ground clearance is a problem ?

5. Don't want to buy
* Fiat Punto ( fiat A.s.s)
*Chevrolet Beat(small car)
*MS Ritz ( don't like this )
* Indica Vista ( dad said no to this car , if the Bolt had been launched , it'd have been in the top 3.

Last edited:
Bolt won't be launched at least till year end so no point waiting for it.
Out of your options-
i10 grand is best as Hyundai A.S.S is fine which you already know. Plus its got all goodies and is quite comfortable. You have all cars from hyundai so if you are satisfied with the brand you should stick to it.
Polo will be expensive to maintain as been told by my cousin who owns one. Its built quality is great. If spending more on maintenance is fine then go for it.

Discard Figo as its old now and Swift has very less space.

Thread Starter #4

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
The last line of your post may be game changer. Wait for Bolt/Zest launch.
I think it will launched in Q4 just like harry said.

Bolt won't be launched at least till year end so no point waiting for it.
Out of your options-
i10 grand is best as Hyundai A.S.S is fine which you already know. Plus its got all goodies and is quite comfortable. You have all cars from hyundai so if you are satisfied with the brand you should stick to it.
Polo will be expensive to maintain as been told by my cousin who owns one. Its built quality is great. If spending more on maintenance is fine then go for it.

Discard Figo as its old now and Swift has very less space.
Thanks for the reply harry. I too think the same [:)]
Grand i10 has all the features and i'm quite happy with it. Since many members said it's a very good car for city traffic. But still will give polo a chance even though many features are missing.

You can consider Honda Amaze, I think it'll fit in your mentioned criteria perfectly.
Safety: ABS, Airbags.
Comfort: Class leading leg room and head room.
Low Maintenance: Doesn't spotted any maintenance problem within user.
Luggage Space Design: Class leading proper boot space.
Economy: India's most fuel efficient diesel after City (You can get 17 to 18KMPL in city traffic easily)
-ve's: Dashboard design is not inspiring, Engine noise can be a problem you need to do TD to know your comfort level on that.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Try Volkswagen Polo then ,If you bored with Hyundai cars .
Yes polo is on my list [:)] comfortline model. I took a Td of polo 2 years back before buying the verna. Had problem shifting into reverse. (with skoda I didn't have any problem)

You can consider Honda Amaze, I think it'll fit in your mentioned criteria perfectly.
Safety: ABS, Airbags.
Comfort: Class leading leg room and head room.
Low Maintenance: Doesn't spotted any maintenance problem within user.
Luggage Space Design: Class leading proper boot space.
Economy: India's most fuel efficient diesel after City (You can get 17 to 18KMPL in city traffic easily)
-ve's: Dashboard design is not inspiring, Engine noise can be a problem you need to do TD to know your comfort level on that.
That's a very good sugestion haru [clap] I told my dad about amaze and he said "well you can go and check it"

Will go and take a TD. Will keep you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a very good sugestion haru [clap] I told my dad about amaze and he said "well u can go and check it"

Will go and take a TD. Will keep u posted.
For sure mate, and I am sure you will love the car. [:)]

Given your specifications, I think Swift VDI will fit in. Small enough for daily use yet large enough for flaunting (its style is superb even now) and comfortable enough too with safety like ABS etc. You can add additional accessories like door visors etc to add to its style. Also given the Maruti service network, its peace of mind also.

Regarding your -ves in this:

Too Old : You may wait a bit to see the 2014 upcoming model with lots of changes too.

Rear and boot space : legroom in back row is decent in new swift. Boot space should be adequate for carry luggage for a family of 5.

@allhyundaicars Apart from the car you listed the remaining hatchbacks with diesel heart are Nissan Micra, Hyundai i20, Skoda Fabia, Chevy Sail UVA, Renault Pulse.

You can check out the Micra, its got a good diesel engine, turning radius is small, it is spacious and being Japanese car it won't be expensive to maintain. It also falls in you're range. And ticks most of you're needs. So its my choice then !!

1. Hyundai Grand i10.

+ve's
* Spacious car

-ve's
* You can smell the word cost cut. I felt seats are not supportive I got sever back and thigh pain after a travel of 40kms.

2. MS Swift.
+ve's
*proven success - True
*Dream car for most of us even now.

-ve's
* too old. - True
• rear and boot space. - True
• I felt tall guys driving was a pain

3. VW polo
+ve's
*Good Build Quality - True

-ve's