Which Car? Toyota Etios Diesel?

Thread Starter #1
HI,
Want diesel sedan.
Budget up to 11L.
Should be niggle free.
Spacious.
How is the new etios diesel? I saw and test driven it. Interiors are not great, but overall good package.
Kindly tell me friends....
*Does it rattle?
*Ages very fast?
*Overall how is user experience?
Thanks

Your budget is 11 lakh then why go for etios. I am amazed to hear you say its interiors are great. For your budget your budget you have 4 best cars hyundai verna, skoda rapid, VW vento, Renault Scala. All these cars have premium interiors.
My choice would be Verna if I do most of City drivings. I would suggest Rapid and Vento for its power class but both are best 4 seater. Go for Scala if you do mixed driving in city and highway. Scala has good interior and premium looking interior and exterior.

I would say NO to etios at your budget

Renault Scala or Nissan Sunny both on same platform size engine, space and space.
In your budget you can think of either two along with skoda or VW if your area has their network and dealership.
Also do share how many onboard would you be having in your car, the travelling on routines, city or highway or mixed?

Hey Vijay,

Its true both sunny and Scala share the same platform. But Scala interiors are good than the ash plasticky sunny

Hi joshiks7,

Welcome to TAI.
For your budget I would advise you to go for Skoda Rapid/Volkswagen Vento.
Both the cars are solidly built and great driving/riding comfort.

Cheers,
Anshuman

HI,
Want diesel sedan.
Budget up to 11L.
Should be niggle free.
Spacious.
How is the new etios diesel? I saw and test driven it. Interiors are not great, but overall good package.
*Does it rattle?
*Ages very fast?
Thanks
How many kms do you plan on covering every month?

I think Scala is a good option because you having good budget. It has good space, good looks and interiors are stylish and the cabin is spacious also. I have a friend who has etios, he never complained about rattling. He is happy with it and Toyota cars are not much problematic. You have good budget so buy the best one.

Joshiks

I would say a big No for ETIOS you got good budget line Rapid is the best of all.Verna is also good economy car.ford fiesta can also be consider.Good luck[:)]

Thread Starter #10
hi friends,
Sorry for the delay.
85% city driving.
Mostly chauffeur driven.
Monthly running 1200km (will increase as kid grows).
Car needed as family workhorse at the hands of little rough driver.

Today test driven etios diesel with wife.
V good space/thigh support. We love space.
Good low end torque (felt like driving petrol car).
Acceptable Interiors in updated version (not top notch, just okay kind).
V good brakes.
Good comfort oriented ride.
----kindly tell me if I go ahead with this car, its good bargain or not?
I am on verge of deciding it. Confused about ecosport too (lesser space is let down as we love more space).
VW/Rapid: Costly to maintain. No service station in my town.
Scala: No service station in my town. Felt little big/elongated for city driving. But v good car.
Fiesta: Surely overpriced and cramped.
Overall it confusing.

HI,
Want diesel sedan.
Budget up to 11L.
Should be niggle free.
Spacious.
*Does it rattle?
*Ages very fast?
Thanks
My car has completed 1.5+ years and 20,000+ kms. The rattles are not there. The interior plastics have not aged. The vehicle is in very good condition.

Etios users are normally happy with their experience, even though there is lot of criticism from others [:)] . The car is great to drive in the city, as turbo lag is minimal. Toyota has taken in feedback from customers and improved some of the parts - e.g: the suspension. For me, it finally boils down to one's own priorities. Do you value better looking interiors/doors that close with a thud or reliability/less costlier servicing/great service centre experience?

You can look at some of the ownership threads in this forum as well as other forums to get more details.

how imp. is it to have service centre in your town where one lives?
Is that imp criteria for choosing car?
It's definitely important to have the service centre in your city. Travelling lot of kms to get a vehicle serviced can be irritating.

Thread Starter #14
Hi,
Frankly money is not issue. Still we are inclined towards etios due to sheer practicality it offers. I have seen many actual users on this and other forum to be happy with it. Only thing is many people on forum and in my town also discouraging it due to it's interiors. Hence I am confused. Lets see what happens? Heart says ecosport: New car with gadgets but head says etios and upgrade existing i10 later with premium hatch or mini suv in future.

@Joshi

Welcome to TAI !!

I am not saying Etios is a bad car, but surely not upto the mark inclined with T badge.

Have you checked Honda Amaze anytime, it offers excellent space inside buddy.

Top Bottom