Help Me To Choose Right Sedan: Hyundai Verna or Vento?

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

I often visit TAI and read your posts. I’m now ready to won my 1st car and it should be a Sedan, I would like to book it ASAP. My 1st choice is Hyundai Verna SX VTVT (as I do less drive usually) and I’m almost settled my mind to go for it. I really like its design/look & feel, its Fluidic looks and its all features. However still I didn’t get time for the test drive. In one word don’t like any other car in that budget.

I really have less time due to my work/business so couldn’t managed so far to visit showroom to check and for a test drive. Recently few days back checked the VW Vento. It was in a VW fair close to my home so check it quickly. However I don’t like the Vento for its exterior look and feel/design, its very basic, nothing new in it, also the Rapid is just its copy. It just a ok car from outside (in my eyes of course). So this car is a usual car in road which other won’t notice, not a WOW! looks. But when I checked its interior was quite decent and good spacious, also its body feels hard not a thin plate body, it feels very hard also while opening the bonnet, it was heavier than this type of cars. That means the body metal is good quality. The new Vento Highline got almost all features like Verna Except: Power mirror fold, rear view mirror turn light, cooled grove box, parking cam, rear disc brake etc. Inside features are quite useful, decent and comfortable front and rear seating. Also it has 6 year anti corrosion warranty and less servicing schedule. I don’t know about VW reliability. Also Vento is almost a backdated model, it was launched in 2010.

But recently I’m getting many negative reviews about Verna for its reliability and many other small and bigger issues. In the other hand, I saw less negative review of Vento comparable to Verna. So now I’m confused about it. It would be my 1st car also I want this for at least 10 years so I don’t want to feel sorry after buying it.

Please advice, I would be grateful for your suggestion, it would help me to choose the right car.

Thanks in advance!

Thread Starter #3
Honda city is best in reliability i know but its a too old model. The new City got many upgraded features i know but one of our family member has it. So dont want to go for it.

Hi friend. Congratulation to get a new vehicle. I suggest to get Honda City. Eventhough it is old model, it has good service.
My friend brought Vento and from the day he brought and till now the service is not good so he sold it.

Well i have personal experience with the Verna Petrol & Vento Diesel,where as i am guessing your interested in the Vento petrol Variant.So will give a brief feed back.

Verna Petrol- A very good car let down by its tire choice.Has a very good commanding view of the road over the Vento.Very bad rear visibility but the Sensors do there part while backing out.BUild quality is not great but interior quality & feel is miles from Vento.Parts are considerably cheaper In comparison to Vento.Rear seat space is best in the segment you wont need a Nissan Sunny.

Vento- Diesel engine is noisiest(but better than 3 cylinder Polo),but with the petrol variant you wont need to worry about that.Has a very solid build & is for sure a car that can take a good amount of hammering on our roads & still carry on at speed over potholes. Has a better Ac than Verna. Interior quality is nothing great.Lacks cupholders & storage space in the cabin. Service is not cheap where the avg cost of service(diesel variant) is around 20g .
Has brilliant paint quality in comparison to the Verna. Find a good service center in your city before you go ahead with the purchase,I have had issues with Hyundai but VW(like sis Skoda) or some of its dealers seem to have walked over to the dark side.

Honda City- Parts pricing = Daylight robbery. Customers get frustrated around the 30000 km mark where bills skyrocket.Friend worked for Honda dealership for a week.Some of the dealers were sinking ships.I assume the Diesel amaze has only got them some hope.

My verdict - You can go for the Vento(petrol) only if they are willing to offer you a juicy discount(negotiate hard or threaten to jump to another brand). If no discount or offer then go with the Verna its a play it in the safe(all rounder) zone kinda car

Thread Starter #6
@ ADS99
Thanks for your feedback, Honda is always my best ever brand above all but City is too backdated, that’s why I don’t want to go for it. I was looking for its new car but didn’t like Amaze. So no luck.

@ Prads
I really appreciate your feedback. The new Vento has lots of features like Bluetooth, stock parking sensors, USB, SD card, cigarette lighter/burner etc. Also its interior looks good, the finishing and plastic quality wasn’t cheap. The best advantage is its rear AC vent but that too doesn’t fully close and it has no shutdown feature. Also like I said its body material feels strong unlike these days cars. I was checking a petrol highline but also felt very little vibration in the dash while inside, so don’t think the petrol version has the smoothest engine like Verna. The vibration may increase time by time.

And the servicing average cost is 20 grand (20,000)? That’s impossible for a new car. I heard its servicing cost around 5 to 7 grand.

Well I really don’t make sense what to chose, heard many bad review about Verna’s reliability in long term use, but Vento has less.

And yes the sales guy was offering 1st year free insurance which was quoted 45k, I know its high. But the offer period was too short, around 5 days. So just ignored it.
Foard fiesta looks good at 1st but its built in quality also didn’t feel good, the rear end is way too bulky. Sail sedan launched but that’s too a low segment sedan. I will Test drive Verna this weekend and will finalize which one to choose.

Also the new Corola coming with a Awesome looks but not sure when it will be launch and also its price would be higher definitely.

Thread Starter #7
Today Test-driven Verna, overall it was nice. But the major lack I found during drive, the rear end view is very poor for the rear view at the center mirror, also leg room at the driver seat was not sufficient. From inside at back seat didn’t feel the lack of under thigh support but the outside and around view was not so good may be due to the window height. Actually there was good room inside, but the feeling was like lack of room inside, I think its due to the outside view, high windows, small rear end window view. In that sense Vento’s around view was quite well and inside feels well roomy. But still I liked the Verna, the engine was smoother than Vento and the acceleration was not so less than Vento. Now what? Vento or Verna?

Thread Starter #8
In addition: At the discussion with the Sales guy, when I described him about the reliability issues of Verna which I heard from many users, he said so far he never got a single complaint from any customer. I described him in brief about the suspension issue about the front bumper issue. I was amaze to hear that he never heard anytime about these problems. He ONLY told me everything good about Hyundai.

He was offering only 10k discount on the overall price, also the exshowroom price increased around 20k comparable to what I checked few months back. So is that fine?

His quotation was: Verna 1.6 VTVT SX
ExShowroom: 8,84,420.00
Insurance: 31,363.00
Reg Chrg (5yr): 51213.00 (Location is Kolkata)
Handaling charges: 3,500.00
HSRP Charge: 500
Hypo Charg: 100
Discount: 10,000.00
=========================
Total: 9,61,096.00

Also the Booking cancellation charges for this showroom is Rs. 5,000.00 I think its way too much. I saw few showroom charge nothing for cancellation and those who charges, those are around 1.5k to 2k.

Last edited:
Vento- Diesel engine is noisiest(but better than 3 cylinder Polo),but with the petrol variant you wont need to worry about that.Has a very solid build & is for sure a car that can take a good amount of hammering on our roads & still carry on at speed over potholes. Has a better Ac than Verna. Interior quality is nothing great.Lacks cupholders & storage space in the cabin. Service is not cheap where the avg cost of service(diesel variant) is around 20g .
Has brilliant paint quality in comparison to the Verna. Find a good service center in your city before you go ahead with the purchase,I have had issues with Hyundai but VW(like sis Skoda) or some of its dealers seem to have walked over to the dark side.
@ Prads, You are the only guy who is telling these incorrect Stuff.

Verna Diesel is one of the best in the class, Negligible noise of the Diesel Machine inside closed cabin.

Ground clearance have improved after new upgrades have come.

20K for a service (looks like you are promoting Vento). I have finished 3 services and my service charges has not crossed Rs.16000.

Excellent Service teams, unbelievable mileage, 128PS power is awesome. Vento Lacks all these.

I suggest, Verna CRDi 1.6 series is anytime better than Vento.

What Say Prads?

^ I must insist you read what you have quoted properly.

What you assume is about a Verna is clearly about Vento as mentioned.[lol]

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom