Buying a Test Drive / Demo Car

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys

I was searching for car & got some mouth watering deals on TD/Demo Linea (Emo MJD-12,3500 kms & TJet ,10,900 kms) about 6.50 l OTR

Is it worth buying these cars.[confused]. There is no warranty only Dealer warranty 1 yr.

need ASAP

Question is which year? Also given FIAT, even 6.5 L seems to be a little high. I think only 50 odd were sold in Jan 2013.

Fiat and Tata are going their separate ways from April.. so if this is a TATA dealer and has Linea in stock, you might get a good deal if you wait till March end/April on a new car itself.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
well i will advise strictly against it. these cars are driven with so many different drivers. issues will crop out after some time of the ownership.

350Z

Core Team
Is it worth buying these cars.. There is no warranty only Dealer warranty 1 yr.
The showrooms clear off the test drive and demo vehicles normally in two cases: Either if the car has run its course or the model is older than the one selling in market. Getting such vehicle is equivalent of buying a used car. However, the advantage is that they come along with standard warranty, break-down services etc. just like a new car but at price of a used. In this particular case, it depends how old both the cars are (MJD and T-Jet), so that the depreciation is applied accordingly. Moreover, dealer must offer the default manufacturer’s warranty and other services. All in all, I would advise to avoid them. Since it is a Fiat, You could fetch an equally tempting deal on an old stock model (that too unused) but ensure to perform thorough fitness check ups (New Car Pre-Delivery Inspection).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi Guys

I was searching for car & got some mouth watering deals on TD/Demo Linea (Emo MJD-12,3500 kms & TJet ,10,900 kms) about 6.50 l OTR

Is it worth buying these cars.[confused]. There is no warranty only Dealer warranty 1 yr.

need ASAP
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Got it?

Top Bottom