Independence Day Bangalore – Chennai Meet: Experiences Pg.19 Onwards

Which Location You Would Prefer?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Friends,

We had proposed a meeting couple of months back but could n't make for various reasons.

Here Iam proposing another oppurtunity for us to meet on 15th which we could make it 100% since most of us might have holiday.

So it goes like this.

Date is fixed - 15th Aug 2012
Other things like Venue, iternary can be decided. I thought of not having wise options. if we have wide options we got stuck in the planing stage itself.

So friends, pls plan accordingly. give your suggestions and ideas. We will freeze the plan by 31st July. and execute it on 15th Aug.

Thread Starter #2
Re: August 15th - Let us meet Chennai

Friends, I have just googled and found that Amriti Waterfalls and forest might be an good option for a day out for us. its 170kms aprox from chennai. It is near vellore. So we can enjoy the bangalore highway. Hope it might take max of three hours, with breaks for break fast, photo session etc [ if not stop max 2hours]. Hope we can enjoy the falls since this is mansoon season.

And we can back on the same day also.

[cry]
Sorry, couldn't join this time too. I'll be leaving to hometown for marriage (my own marriage [;)])

Thread Starter #7

Freinds,

One more place I got some info about.

Horsley Hills near Chittor. its around 275 KMs from chennai. I found it has Zorbing.

Thread Starter #8
Re: August 15th -Let’s Meet Up in Chennai

Just I got list of chennai guys based on their post. Friends.. Pls raise your hands..

tai members.jpg

Thread Starter #9

Friends, What happend. Nearly 53 views. But no positive reply. come on friends. let us make it this time.

Being August 15th is common holiday we should be able to easily accomodate. It would be an happy momment when we have more number of friends in the meet.

Today evening at home I got some free time [My wife wanted to make a dinner for change today[;)]] and I have analysed all initiatives done for TAI meets.

The following are the results

Tai - Success Rate - Overall.PNG

Tai - Success Rate - Citywise.PNG

Tai - Success Rate - year wise.PNG

One thing which is very happy is the over all success rate 52% which is very promissing.

While seeing city wise, even though the other cities was having 100% all of them has very minimum number of meets and chennai stands fourth with more number of meetings and highest success rate.

When we look into year wise, it is visible that 50% of the initiatives every year is success.

So the possibility/probability for this chennai meet is also very strong.

This I have mentione just to make myself happy that, this initiative which I have taken for 15th August could be a success mostly since most of the past meetings initiated was success. nothing else. so other city freinds pls cheer up.

I think most of our chennai freinds are not aware of this. Like last time I need to send PMs to all members. Let me try that tomm.

Hope the analsyis does not hurt any one.

Modes if it not suitable pls take the neccessary action

350Z

Core Team

I think most of our chennai freinds are not aware of this. Like last time I need to send PMs to all members. Let me try that tomm.
There’s a fair portion of active members from Chennai. So I’m sure it can be done. Just need to spread a little awareness. Please drop them a PM. It should help. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hello Sethu Sir,

Really happy to see you again. As discussed in Auto Expo I'm ready to meet you guys.

If it is in Chennai. I can able to come with my Bike only(As my mansion has no car parking I can't bring my New Vista to Chennai[frustration])

If it is in Amirti or Yelagiri or Horsley, I can participate with My Whitey[;)]

Friends, I have just googled and found that Amriti Waterfalls and forest might be an good option for a day out for us. its 170kms aprox from chennai. It is near vellore. So we can enjoy the bangalore highway. Hope it might take max of three hours, with breaks for break fast, photo session etc [ if not stop max 2hours]. Hope we can enjoy the falls since this is mansoon season.

And we can back on the same day also.
Amirti is really a nice place those who love Adventures.

I think you guys already seen this pic which I've taken few years back in Amirti.anyhow I'm posting again.

IMG_0238.jpg

BTW, If you guys coming to Amirti(Vellore) I can able to show some other nice places like Golden temple, Singiri temple, Fort, etc also [;)]

here you can refer the places around Vellore :

Places to Visit in Vellore

Freinds,

One more place I got some info about.

Horsley Hills near Chittor. its around 275 KMs from chennai. I found it has Zorbing.
I'm ready to Visit Horsley Hills also.

Just I got list of chennai guys based on their post. Friends.. Pls raise your hands..
Really good Effort to collect those Informations.

Thread Starter #12
There’s a fair portion of active members from Chennai. So I’m sure it can be done. Just need to spread a little awareness. Please drop them a PM. It should help. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks for the support. Yes, yesterday night i have PMed around 85 members. let us wait and see.

Hello Sethu Sir,

Really happy to see you again. As discussed in Auto Expo I'm ready to meet you guys.

If it is in Chennai. I can able to come with my Bike only(As my mansion has no car parking I can't bring my New Vista to Chennai[frustration])

If it is in Amirti or Yelagiri or Horsley, I can participate with My Whitey................
That was very nice to see your post. Actually before reading just by seeing ur pic i got scared that you might say "I have been there so many times so we change the venue". Actually I thought about you when I was posting itself about the destinations since both are near by your home town. Its great that you are very much interested.

BTW, the pic looks great. very cool back drops..

And Iam very happy that you can join with your whity[;)].

If possible pls post your experience about both places. So that others also can know more about it and it will be an encouragement to others to participate.

I want minimum of 10 to 15 freinds to have this meet.

Just one more wild thought. why dont we make it as chennai-bangalore meet. since botht the places are middle of bangalore and chennai, bangalore guys also can join. Pls share your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry, couldn't join this time too. I'll be leaving to hometown for marriage (my own marriage)
Congrats Boss for your Marriage, Have a happy married life [clap]

Hey Sethu,

Its a nice thought so lets get it going. Count me on - I am Game [drive]

and i am excited about my first such meet after my new machine but it will be real fun only if the number is quite high.

by the way, PM did help as 350Z pinned it so lets send to all our Chennai folks.

Place?? i'm fine with Amirti or Yelagiri or Horsley as I have not been to any of these.

May be a common place for Bangalore and Chennai guys will get us more crowd! what do you say? just a thought!

Thread Starter #14
Re: August 15th - Let’s Meet Up in Chennai

Appu, I just leave it to you freeze the destination. I think you have been to all three places.

I think we should not leave any option open for long time. So let us freeze on Destination first.

Appu, the stage is yours for finalizing the destination.

Already we have frozed the Date.

So we are narrowing the options and make it easy for the members to decide and plan.

Thread Starter #15
Congrats Boss for your Marriage, Have a happy married life [clap]

Hey Sethu,

Its a nice thought so lets get it going. Count me on - I am Game [drive]

and i am excited about my first such meet after my new machine but it will be real fun only if the number is quite high.

by the way, PM did help as 350Z pinned it so lets send to all our Chennai folks.

Place?? i'm fine with Amirti or Yelagiri or Horsley as I have not been to any of these.

May be a common place for Bangalore and Chennai guys will get us more crowd! what do you say? just a thought!
Thanks for the enthu you have shown freind.

And happy that you are going to introduce your new VW to the TAI members directly.

Even am happy for my own sparky.

Let us make it.

Yap, that is really a useful tool. I have already PMed around 90 members [ I just took the first 80 members those who have posted atleast minimum of 10 posts ]

Top Bottom