TAI Kolkata Back To Back Meets (2016)

Thread Starter #1
Dear all TAIgers,

Starting the thread with a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all,

A new year just started so the TAIgers can't wait to have a meet, so we are here, arranging a meet on 22nd of JAN. Meeting time 8PM onwards.

Venue of the meet-- let's come up with suggestions. Preferable within the city premises.

Hope to see you all Kolkata TAIgers.[clap]

[drive]

Re: First TAI Kolkata mid-night meet of the year(2016)

Thanks for starting the thread, Zenga.
Count me in.
Looking forward to meeting other TAI members who happen to be here in Calcutta during that time.

A happy new year to everyone.Sorry zenga,cannot come as my exams are approaching.Hope this meet goes nice.

Thanks Shovik (Zenga) for initiating the thread.

Let us all capitalize on the homecoming of Zenga from Chennai and Anshuman from Bengaluru and meet up in numbers.

For members who have not met us earlier please do join us (families welcome too). To have a snapshot of our enjoyment together you may refer to our earlier meet threads.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-meets/23886-diwali-festive-meet-kolkata.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-meets/22563-tai-kolkata-monsoon-drive.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-meets/21490-tai-kolkata-midnight-meet.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-gers-meet-new-year-2015-kolkata-chapter.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-meets/9694-tai-kolkata-meet-4th-may-2014-a.html

Zenga or Myth, anyone of you can also drop in a message in all these threads so that those who had participated in these discussions can also know about this initiative

Last edited:
Last edited:

So,till now 4 members have joined for the meet.Thats good,more will come in soon.
@Chandranath-I went through all the meet threads.They are good and interesting.
Where is the venue for the meet?
You suggest. We are open to ideas.

Preferably the road side dhaba types where parking is possible with all of us in informal gathering format and food will just be a side attraction.

You suggest. We are open to ideas.

Preferably the road side dhaba types where parking is possible with all of us in informal gathering format and food will just be a side attraction.
My father is suggesting Eco Park or Science City.Let everyone suggest their own ideas and then decide a final venue.
Thanks

My father is suggesting Eco Park or Science City. Let everyone suggest their own ideas and then decide a final venue.
Considering this meet to be a midnight one, do not both of these two places close down well before midnight? Will food be available there during that time for the participating members? I request the members to kindly excuse me for my ignorance.:stupid:
Warm regards,
Rahul

Considering this meet to be a midnight one, do not both of these two places close down well before midnight? Will food be available there during that time for the participating members? I request the members to kindly excuse me for my ignorance.:stupid:
Warm regards,
Rahul
Rahul da,I completely forgot about it.I am sorry. I am unable to come so it depends upon the coming members to decide the venue.

I am unable to come so it depends upon the coming members to decide the venue.
Please do come. Though I myself am an irregular participant at these meets, I may vouch that the participating members are all undoubtedly very very decent people. Please allow me to add that the only thing which may bore you somewhat is the too much of the automotive and travel related discussions. If required, please come and leave early.

Speaking on myself, I shall surely come but unfortunately my car is not very much fit to drive. There is some issue with my car. The car is behaving uncertainly for last three days, even heating up and sometimes throwing coolant. Sometime the check engine light is coming up. My authorised service center says that as per their diagnostic tool the MAP sensor is defective. Though they have assured me that the problem should be eliminated with the arrival of a new MAP sensor, they are quite tight lipped about it's availability schedule. I shall surely come, provided that my car is repaired by this Wednesday as per their promise or by latest on Thursday.

Please do come. Though I myself am an irregular participant at these meets, I may vouch that the participating members are all undoubtedly very very decent people. Please allow me to add that the only thing which may bore you somewhat is the too much of the automotive and travel related discussions. If required, please come and leave early.

Speaking on myself, I shall surely come but unfortunately my car is not very much fit to drive. There is some issue with my car. The car is behaving uncertainly for last three days, even heating up and sometimes throwing coolant. Sometime the check engine light is coming up. My authorised service center says that as per their diagnostic tool the MAP sensor is defective. Though they have assured me that the problem should be eliminated with the arrival of a new MAP sensor, they are quite tight lipped about it's availability schedule. I shall surely come, provided that my car is repaired by this Wednesday as per their promise or by latest on Thursday.
Rahul, there is no way you are going to give this time a miss. Hire a car if required. Sorry to hear about the well mannered Indigo giving you trouble. It shall surely be back on its wheels by Wednesday.

This time we had a back to back meet. First one we had yesterday and was hurriedly arranged over phone. Even then we had 8 cars and 9 participants plus 5 spouses of members and Sanku's daughter joining as the juniormost member.

The first one was to accommodate Anshuman as he will be back in Bengaluru. The follow up meet is on 23rd as scheduled to have Zenga (Shovik) in the meet

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Now that one meet got over (successful of course and too much enjoyment), now we are gearing up for the second meet on 22nd JAN. Members please let us know your availability. Also come up with the venue suggestion. As it would be a late night meet so keep it in mind when suggesting venue.[:)]

Hope to see every member from Kolkata without any excuse. :please:

Now that one meet got over (successful of course and too much enjoyment), now we are gearing up for the second meet on 22nd JAN. Members please let us know your availability. Also come up with the venue suggestion. As it would be a late night meet so keep it in mind when suggesting venue.[:)]

Hope to see every member from Kolkata without any excuse. :please:
Myth or Bodhi or Zenga, You can start flashing a list of members confirmed along with the vehicles.

The venue suggested by Sanku (SwiftKolkata) is "Howrah Bridge". This is a small joint in Anwarshah Road and EM BYpass connecter near Jadavpur P.S.

The strengths of this place is parking and photography is not a problem. Also we can hang around in the open where tea and snacks / food can be served.

Any one has a better idea can come up with it and we can discuss and debate. Else we seal this venue by tomorrow.

Top Bottom