Buckle Up! TAI Ooty Meet on October 2nd, 3rd and 4th of 2015

Thread Starter #1
Dear TAI gers , A meet is a great way to have some good time with our fellow TAI gers. An opportunity to turn strangers to friends as most of us have never met each other apart from on the forum except a few localites. What better way can people get to know each other than to go on a long drive and hangout at a picturesque location taking mesmerizing snaps or much better to shoot a cool 4K video with all the group activities to share it with your dear ones?
So guys, buckle up and zip zap zoom with your rides to the refreshing destination called, Ooty inTN, India on 2nd Of October, which is the place we have shortlisted tentatively for the meet. The date of 2nd October is a national holiday on the eve of Gandhi Jayanthi , with 3rd and 4th being Saturday and Sunday. This way we can get a cool 3 days off from work and a reason to relax and enjoy. We are open to discuss any other place which you or other TAI’ns deem tghe best. We can enjoy this south India TAI meet to the core and try some mouth watering South Indian cuisines with your glittering rides and have some great quality time with each other.
Me myself (Aniruthan) from Madurai and VjRoadie (Venkatesh) from Belgaum are taking up the initiative for this meet and kick starting with the plannings and arrangements with a hope to make this tour a memorable experience to each one of us. We will soon be out with an itinerary and we would like our dear TAI’gers from Coimbatore and from the Nilgiris to help us gain some good insights (stay, destinations, restaurants and hang arounds) in and around Ooty. We would also like to request other members to help us giving some insights about Ooty and moreover about making the meet more interesting with interesting activities or programs, etc.
Further, we request you TAI’gers to try your best and make it for the meet as we all are always busy with our daily chores but a meet like this will be a mood freshener. This thread will be updated timely and as always we can be in touch via PM if there are any queries or discussions.
We look forward for your favourable participation in this South India meet and let’s Make It Large!
Below I have attached some pics of the of Ooty (Nilgiri mountain rail, emerald lake and Avalanche lake) which i have taken randomly from Google.

Credits for the pic : http://https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f0/Avalanche_lake_ooty_1.jpg
http://http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/31/93/17/emerald-lake.jpg
http://https://hemawagh26.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/nmr1er8.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Glad to see the post up and running Aniruth, 2nd of Oct will be perfect as we get a 3 day off and I am ready to travel to this exciting OOty :)
I request other members to plan up and participate in this meet and I feel we must have such meets at least twice or thrice in a year!

Would love to join you guys but we will be having guests around that time.So I cant make it[cry]. Have great Fun and let the Pictures do the talking[thumbswink].

Sarath.

Yeah Man,perfect timing but I am preoccupied on these days. For Bangloreans it is a 250 Km drive.
Oh ok. Nevermind :) For me its around 800Kms from Belgaum. Btw, do you guys prefer some other date? The reason is the larger the group, more will be the enjoyment.

Would love to join you guys but we will be having guests around that time.So I cant make it[cry]. Have great Fun and let the Pictures do the talking[thumbswink].

Sarath.
No problems, Any other preferred date?

Love to join but already made some travel arrangements on a personal function. Please have fun and upload lot of photos and details.
Thank you for your attention Sir! Do you prefer any other date? We are in no hurry nor fixed the date of 2oct. A convenient date for everyone is what we are considering so that everyone can make it to the meet.

Btw, @Aniruth, we should have a poll as well for this thread with probable date options, so we can gauge the poll results for the best date.

Oh ok. Nevermind :) For me its around 800Kms from Belgaum. Btw, do you guys prefer some other date? The reason is the larger the group, more will be the enjoyment.

Thank you for your attention Sir! Do you prefer any other date? We are in no hurry nor fixed the date of 2oct. A convenient date for everyone is what we are considering so that everyone can make it to the meet.

Btw, @Aniruth, we should have a poll as well for this thread with probable date options, so we can gauge the poll results for the best date.
I don't think that's a good idea bro . I totally understand that more people~more fun ,but 3 day weekends are rare but it will be the best for these meets.Kindly reconsider your Optional Date Plan and proceed forward as planned. The ones who missed this time , let us all Join (must☺) some other day !!

Thread Starter #8

Yes VjRoadie. I guess there is another 3 day holiday coming up soon after Gandhi Jayanthi. So I'll check up my calendar for the holiday and come up with another date as soon as possible. for now we'll keep the current date i.e October 2nd, 3rd and 4th as our current plan. After I find out the other date, I'll update the thread and will post the poll in the thread. We would like to have maximum participation of members as more people more fun!

@Sarath01, Since you being the one who is quiet closest to Ooty, you have any idea about the insights around Ooty so that we can come up with an interesting [:)]. Other members can also give up their value insights and all of your points will be indeed taken into consideration.

@Sarath01, Since you being the one who is quiet closest to Ooty, you have any idea about the insights around Ooty so that we can come up with an interesting [:)]. Other members can also give up their value insights and all of your points will be indeed taken into consideration.
With pleasure !! Let me ask My best buddies and come up with an idea.Meanwhile Any queries welcome !! There are lots of places to hangout with in and around so will double check with them .

Last edited:
Good initiative Aniruthan [clap]. I'll do my best to come to this meet. You have chosen a location that's closer to TAIgers from 3states. Bangalore guys, how many are in?

Can we also decide the date, if it's saturday then probably we can decide about what we can do once we reach there.

Probably we can drive like a convoy and visit some of the best places in & around OOTY. I have never been there till date, total newbie to area you see. 10am to 2.30pm? and then we all can have lunch and disperse. What say guys?

Sethu Sir:
If you dont come to this meet, you will have to organise another meet within a month for all of us [:D]

Thread Starter #11
With pleasure !! Let me ask My best buddies and come up with an idea.Meanwhile Any queries welcome !! There are lots of places to hangout with in and around so will double check with them .
Thanks a lot buddy. Your sincere help will really be useful to all of us buddy.

Good initiative Aniruthan [clap]. I'll do my best to come to this meet. You have chosen a location that's closer to TAIgers from 3states. Bangalore guys, how many are in?

Can we also decide the date, if it's saturday then probably we can decide about what we can do once we reach there.

Probably we can drive like a convoy and visit some of the best places in & around OOTY. I have never been there till date, total newbie to area you see. 10am to 2.30pm? and then we all can have lunch and disperse. What say guys?

Sethu Sir:
If you dont come to this meet, you will have to organise another meet within a month for all of us [:D]
Yes buddy. That's the main reason why we have chosen Ooty. Different members from Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka can make it up to this place. The date is well a problem buddy but there are two occasions at the month of October where we get 3 day holiday. So for now we have two options.
October 2nd (Friday, Gandhi Jayanthi), October 3rd (Saturday) and October 4th (Sunday) or October 23rd (Friday, Muharam), October 24th (Saturday), October 25th (Sunday).
So I'll create a poll up regarding the dates buddy. These two dates are one of the best opportunity to make a great trip[:)]. For any other queries, doubts or discussion, you can always give me a PM anytime.

Last edited:
Sethu Sir:
Sure Anand. I think its quite long time since we met (I think Hyundai meet was the last one). We will plan accordingly. Actually I have second and third sat/sun week end. other Saturday we are working. So Cant take off.

We will plan one for sure. Either a two day meet or a day meet like what we did in Hosur. There is a hill station in AP (RK Sir is the right person to give clear details) we already planned for one but some how it did not materialize. let us see how it works in Oct/Nov Month.

We can even plan a 2d/1n at Yelagiri (cost effective, very close to all of us)

Thread Starter #13
Sure Anand. I think its quite long time since we met (I think Hyundai meet was the last one). We will plan accordingly. Actually I have second and third sat/sun week end. other Saturday we are working. So Cant take off.

We will plan one for sure. Either a two day meet or a day meet like what we did in Hosur. There is a hill station in AP (RK Sir is the right person to give clear details) we already planned for one but some how it did not materialize. let us see how it works in Oct/Nov Month.

We can even plan a 2d/1n at Yelagiri (cost effective, very close to all of us)
Sethu sir, Yelagiri sounds nice but most of our TN and KA members have already had a meet up there I believe. Ooty can be quiet different and a change sir. And it's at the right point and can be accessed by TN, KA and KL members. May be we can plan for Yelagiri trip soon after the Ooty one.

Good imitative Aniruthan. However I could not make my presence at this time. Will definitely try to join if any meet in near future though it would be fine if trip suppose to be conclude in day or two.

Have great fun guys and safe trip.[thumbsup]

Regards,
Dhanabal.K

Sethu sir, Yelagiri sounds nice but most of our TN and KA members have already had a meet up there I believe. Ooty can be quiet different and a change sir. And it's at the right point and can be accessed by TN, KA and KL members. May be we can plan for Yelagiri trip soon after the Ooty one.
iam not saying this time. since am not coming anand wanted another meet. for that i have suggested. definitely not this time. you guys please proceed and have fun.

Top Bottom