I think this is the time for another factory visit, but this time it might be two wheeler, Royal Enfield Factory at Chennai.
Just I saw some youtube video about the bike, in that I came to know that the factory tour is organised. This is very early stage to commit on number of people for tour and all. Will let you know soon.
I am initiating the process. Let us see how it works out.
Details from the site are
1. For people/agencies/institutions, wanting to book in bulk, please inform us via mail/call and apply at least 6 months in advance.
2. Maximum of 15 persons are allowed for each visit. Hence, based on the slot/s available, your request will be confirmed by us via an E- mail (first come first serve basis).
3. For the period of November to March, both Indian and foreign nationals, please plan your schedule and apply well in advance (2-3 months), to help us book a slot for you, as we have the highest factory tour requests/inflow, during these months.
FACTORY TOUR DETAILS :
1. Guests are requested to report to the factory at 9:00 A.M. sharp.
2. Rs.600/-*(subject to change) will be collected from the each visitor towards registration and other sundry costs. Payment to be made to the receptionist. A receipt for the same will be given to the individual.
3. Please fill the registration form diligently.
11. Factory tour starts at 10.00 A.M. and finishes by 11.30 A.M.
4. The factory tour comprises of a visit to the Engine Assembly, Vehicle Assembly & Paint Shop (RE Tank - pin striping by hand!)
5. Photos/videos are restricted. However, there are designated spots for taking the same. These are the primary areas at which you can click photos;
Engine Assembly ( Completed engines section)
Vehicle Assembly ( Export section)
Paint Shop ( Handcrafting section)
14. Children below 5 years are not allowed
6. No technical specifications/clarifications will be disclosed/entertained.
7. Guests are requested to stay together always in the group and walk on the designated pathways/lanes
8. For purchasing the Royal Enfield Accessories, Memorabilia & taking test rides on our bikes, you may visit our Brand store at Adyar. A route map to reach RE Brand store, Adyar, will be given to you at the reception.
9. Factory tour is permissible on the Second and Fourth Saturdays only in a month (Time 9:00 AM – 12 Noon) throughout the year. No other slot or days will be entertained.
10. Changes of dates are permissible, subject to the availability and if, informed well in advance (at least 1 week in advance)
DRESS CODE :
1. Ladies; Salvar suits, Jeans and T-shirts (round neck/ collar) are allowed. Capri/slacks/spandex is not allowed. Covered leather shoes without heels are allowed.
Gents; can wear formal dresses, Jeans and T-shirts with covered leather shoes/ boots are allowed. Shorts are not allowed.
2. Guests are requested not to bring any valuable items at the time of factory Tour.
BRIEF PLAN FOR RE FACTORY TOUR :
- Reporting time, assembly at reception area & registration: 9:00 – 9:15 AM
- Welcome & De – brief on Royal Enfield, at board room: 9:30 – 10:00 AM
- Tour start and assembly at Vehicle Assembly area – 10:00 AM
- Wrap up – 11: 30 AM
- Q& A and Tour closure – 11: 30 AM – 11:45 AM
- Bon Voyage – 12 Noon
Your suggestions and feedback guys.