Planning For Royal Enfield Plant Tour For TAI-gers

Thread Starter #1
Guys,

I think this is the time for another factory visit, but this time it might be two wheeler, Royal Enfield Factory at Chennai.

Just I saw some youtube video about the bike, in that I came to know that the factory tour is organised. This is very early stage to commit on number of people for tour and all. Will let you know soon.

I am initiating the process. Let us see how it works out.

Details from the site are

1. For people/agencies/institutions, wanting to book in bulk, please inform us via mail/call and apply at least 6 months in advance.

2. Maximum of 15 persons are allowed for each visit. Hence, based on the slot/s available, your request will be confirmed by us via an E- mail (first come first serve basis).

3. For the period of November to March, both Indian and foreign nationals, please plan your schedule and apply well in advance (2-3 months), to help us book a slot for you, as we have the highest factory tour requests/inflow, during these months.

FACTORY TOUR DETAILS :
1. Guests are requested to report to the factory at 9:00 A.M. sharp.

2. Rs.600/-*(subject to change) will be collected from the each visitor towards registration and other sundry costs. Payment to be made to the receptionist. A receipt for the same will be given to the individual.

3. Please fill the registration form diligently.

11. Factory tour starts at 10.00 A.M. and finishes by 11.30 A.M.

4. The factory tour comprises of a visit to the Engine Assembly, Vehicle Assembly & Paint Shop (RE Tank - pin striping by hand!)

5. Photos/videos are restricted. However, there are designated spots for taking the same. These are the primary areas at which you can click photos;

Engine Assembly ( Completed engines section)
Vehicle Assembly ( Export section)
Paint Shop ( Handcrafting section)
14. Children below 5 years are not allowed

6. No technical specifications/clarifications will be disclosed/entertained.

7. Guests are requested to stay together always in the group and walk on the designated pathways/lanes

8. For purchasing the Royal Enfield Accessories, Memorabilia & taking test rides on our bikes, you may visit our Brand store at Adyar. A route map to reach RE Brand store, Adyar, will be given to you at the reception.

9. Factory tour is permissible on the Second and Fourth Saturdays only in a month (Time 9:00 AM – 12 Noon) throughout the year. No other slot or days will be entertained.

10. Changes of dates are permissible, subject to the availability and if, informed well in advance (at least 1 week in advance)

DRESS CODE :
1. Ladies; Salvar suits, Jeans and T-shirts (round neck/ collar) are allowed. Capri/slacks/spandex is not allowed. Covered leather shoes without heels are allowed.
Gents; can wear formal dresses, Jeans and T-shirts with covered leather shoes/ boots are allowed. Shorts are not allowed.

2. Guests are requested not to bring any valuable items at the time of factory Tour.

BRIEF PLAN FOR RE FACTORY TOUR :
  • Reporting time, assembly at reception area & registration: 9:00 – 9:15 AM
  • Welcome & De – brief on Royal Enfield, at board room: 9:30 – 10:00 AM
  • Tour start and assembly at Vehicle Assembly area – 10:00 AM
  • Wrap up – 11: 30 AM
  • Q& A and Tour closure – 11: 30 AM – 11:45 AM
  • Bon Voyage – 12 Noon

Your suggestions and feedback guys.

Re: Time for another factory visit - RE

I was hopeful that maybe I can be a part of the visit on 27th of Aug, but it needs to be booked 6 months in advance!!
This should be like a Mecca for RE enthusiasts.

Thread Starter #3

Vipul, this can be done only on 2nd and 4th saturdays.

So are you planing to be in chennai by last week of August?

Vipul, this can be done only on 2nd and 4th saturdays.

So are you planing to be in chennai by last week of August?
Yes sirji, I am visiting Chennai on 27th for visiting SAE IEEE International Transportation Electrification Conference. Will be leaving on the same evening though.
BTW I have never seen a white bullet in flesh. :biggrin:

Thread Starter #5
What happened guys.. there are nearly 250 views and looks like no interested in participating in this. I thought lot of bullet lovers will participate in this.. even from near by cities like Maduria, Bangalore, trichy etc.. they can even drive down as a long drive and join for this.

This seems like a great initiative Sethu ji. Do let the program get concrete and I'm telling in advance "I'm in for the Meet". By the way does Royal Enfield have any age limits, i.e. no teenagers are allowed etc. Please do let us know these specific terms and conditions earlier. Last time when I registered for the Hyundai meet and after registering when I came to know the Terms and Conditions that teenagers are not allowed, it was extremely heart breaking that I was not allowed. So please do let us know and seems like a great initiative and lets make it happen Sir.

Thread Starter #7
This seems like a great initiative Sethu ji. Do let the program get concrete and I'm telling in advance "I'm in for the Meet". By the way does Royal Enfield have any age limits, i.e. no teenagers are allowed etc. Please do let us know these specific terms and conditions earlier. Last time when I registered for the Hyundai meet and after registering when I came to know the Terms and Conditions that teenagers are not allowed, it was extremely heart breaking that I was not allowed. So please do let us know and seems like a great initiative and lets make it happen Sir.
Anirudh,

as of now i do not have any idea. am yet to get reply from RE for my request (bulk). Then I will let you know.

Rs.600/-*(subject to change) will be collected from the each visitor towards registration and other sundry costs. Payment to be made to the receptionist. A receipt for the same will be given to the individual.
3. Please fill the registration form diligently.
11. Factory tour starts at 10.00 A.M. and finishes by 11.30 A.M.
Why should anybody pay for a factory visit and what sundry expenses are involved? I don't think anybody wants to pay so much for just an hour and an half, there's no food too! quite ridiculuos, making profits every possible way.

I don't think there's restriction for teenagers as such here, because i see the #14, which says children below 5 years is not allowed.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

Why should anybody pay for a factory visit and what sundry expenses are involved? I don't think anybody wants to pay so much for just an hour and an half, there's no food too! quite ridiculuos, making profits every possible way.

I don't think there's restriction for teenagers as such here, because i see the #14, which says children below 5 years is not allowed.
I know that the price tag is there. But I dont mind paying. Cos some will be at free of cost some services are paid. Let me see is there any discount can be availed or not.

wow Sethu Sir one more great initiative from you once again. I am really interested to join this time but what dates are we planning as I will need to come from Pune by train so would be required to book the tickets well in advance. Also any other guys from are intrested so that we can do a group booking or so

Sethuji i am interested to join please let me know the dates. so that i can plan in advance. if possible ill come on my ride itself by then it should be ready to roar.

Great initiative Sethu sir.. Everyone loves to visit Royal Enfield factory, but the entry fee seems to be bit higher..

Top Bottom