TAI-Kolkata Monsoon Drive

Thread Starter #1
Dear TAI-gers,

Its the rainy season, and this amazing weather calls for a wonderful meet of all the Tai Kolkata Members.[:D]

Date: 26th July 2015

Time: 7 Am Tentatively .

All members and patrons please try to clear the schedule for few hours of fun drive.[clap]

Last edited:
Dear TAI-gers,

Its the rainy season, and this amazing weather calls for a wonderful meet of all the Tai Kolkata Members.[:D]

Date: 26th July 2015

Time: 6am Tentatively .

All members and patrons please try to clear the schedule for few hours of fun drive.[clap]
Lets keep the time at 7 am and meeting place somewhere on Kona Express way where you can park and wait for others to come in.

I think the meeting point can be just before the start of the bridge linking kona road to Delhi bound traffic.

Last edited:
Hello gentlemen,

I am new here, eager to know the TAIans from Kolkata but have to wait for some time now as my car is in the workshop and this month I do not have offs on weekend.

Looking forward to meeting you soon.

Any permanent Kolkata G2G thread yet?

Hello gentlemen,

I am new here, eager to know the TAIans from Kolkata but have to wait for some time now as my car is in the workshop and this month I do not have offs on weekend.

Looking forward to meeting you soon.

Any permanent Kolkata G2G thread yet?
Hi Raneet, Warm welcome to TAI and good to know you are from Kolkata.

To join us in the monsoon drive, you can always hop into any one of our cars (since your car is not available). As far as working on weekends are concerned you surely can manage leave on the morning half only of a Sunday.

Expecting to seeing you at the meet.

Hi Raneet, Warm welcome to TAI and good to know you are from Kolkata.

To join us in the monsoon drive, you can always hop into any one of our cars (since your car is not available). As far as working on weekends are concerned you surely can manage leave on the morning half only of a Sunday.

Expecting to seeing you at the meet.
I have office from 12 noon but considering I will be home late Saturday night after office I am doubtful about my presence this Sunday but I will surely try my best. Kindly keep me in the loop.

I have just a suggestion friends. Why do not you consider the "Express Food Plaza" as the venue? Located at Kolaghat, it has a much larger seating capacity, adequate parking space and definitely a wider variety of food. Though it is another twenty two KMs extra drive as per Google Map, I guess the members will surely love to drive. It also has an attached bar, though I like to request the members not to drink, except maybe a glass of beer. The location of this restaurant may be seen here.

In case anyone of the members has not been there, I shall like to show them a picture of this eatery taken just a few days earlier on my way to Puri to see the Rathayatra.
DSC_0009.JPG

Here is a replica of a small steam locomotive standing on the parking area.
DSC_0008.JPG

Of course, this is my personal suggestion. I shall surely like to go wherever all the other esteemed members are travelling to.
Warm regards,
Rahul Biswas,
Cossipore, North Calcutta.

I have just a suggestion friends. Why do not you consider the "Express Food Plaza" as the venue? Located at Kolaghat, it has a much larger seating capacity, adequate parking space and definitely a wider variety of food. Though it is another twenty two KMs extra drive as per Google Map, I guess the members will surely love to drive. It also has an attached bar, though I like to request the members not to drink, except maybe a glass of beer. The location of this restaurant may be seen here.

In case anyone of the members has not been there, I shall like to show them a picture of this eatery taken just a few days earlier on my way to Puri to see the Rathayatra.
View attachment 175602

Here is a replica of a small steam locomotive standing on the parking area.
View attachment 175601

Of course, this is my personal suggestion. I shall surely like to go wherever all the other esteemed members are travelling to.
Warm regards,
Rahul Biswas,
Cossipore, North Calcutta.
Yep Rahul, been there...

Just the fact that its very good for family events / get together specially for kids. Our purpose will be just the lassi / tarka/ roti/ tea... in typical open area with petrol pump attached to add to the highway feeling... and yes 22 km less each way.

Lets leave it as an option for future meets.

Thread Starter #15
Rohit, Please count me in.

Where will be our meeting point - please confirm, as I am not at all accustomed to these routes.

Regards,

ROY
Well Copied,
Please pm your number, will co ordinate over phone.

For the Monsoon meet:

Updated List

1: Chandranath Da
2: Sanku
3: Rohit
4: Myth
5: Rahul da
6: Swapnil
7: Samrat
8: Amartya
9: Soham
10: Anish