Renault-Nissan Plant Tour (Chennai) For TAI-Gers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Good luck, team. I highly appreciate initiative by Sethu and each member who is involved in this agenda from the beginning. Your next plant tour is on us. I spoke with a head honcho at Nissan (who also happens to be a regular visitor of our forum) and he was more than willing to arrange the same exclusively for The Automotive India members.
Earlier this year I made a promise to all of you. The moment AppU created this thread; I knew it was time to stand by it. I didn't spill the beans since I wanted to work on the arrangements beforehand. The surprise is this: we're organizing the tour of Renault-Nissan Plant, Chennai. :smile: Folks at Nissan are more than delighted to welcome TAI-Gers for a detailed tour of their state-of-the-art plant. Before moving on further, following are a few things I'd like to inform:

> We're looking to schedule the tour around Feb 2015.

> The date will be fixed based on the confirmation list of all the attendees.

> Therefore, please confirm ASAP (strictly no last-minute drop-outs) so that we can prepare a final list.

> This tour is for TAI members only. Each TAI-Ger from across India is more than welcome for plant tour.

> Pictures are allowed in certain locations inside the plant. So those who're willing can take their cameras along.

> We'll be shortly dispatching a Mass-PM regarding this event with details and confirmation deadline (More, the merrier).

Quick Details:

> Renault-Nissan Plant is located in Oragadam near Chennai.

> It has a vehicle production capacity of 4 lakh units per annum.

> This plant is responsible for rolling out cars like Micra / Pulse, Sunny / Scala, Datsun Go and Go+ etc.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:
Re: Yet Another TAI Mega Meet at Chennai: 25 Jan 2015

Earlier this year I made a promise to all of you. The moment AppU created this thread; I knew it was time to stand by it. I didn't spill the beans since I wanted work on the arrangements beforehand. The surprise is this: Venue of this Mega-meet is on us. i.e. Renault-Nissan Plant, Chennai. :smile: Folks at Nissan are more than delighted to welcome TAI-Gers for a detailed tour of their state-of-the-art plant. Before moving on further, following are a few things I'd like to know and inform:

350Z
Good Job Vibhor. Thanks for arranging it.

[
> This plant is responsible for rolling out cars like Micra / Pulse, Sunny / Scala, Datsun Go and Go+ etc.
If possible, we may see Renault Lodgy [evil].

I'm confirming my presence to the meet on Jan 25, 2015.

Earlier this year I made a promise to all of you. The moment AppU created this thread; I knew it was time to stand by it. I didn't spill the beans since I wanted to work on the arrangements beforehand. The surprise is this: Venue of this Mega-meet is on us. i.e. Renault-Nissan Plant, Chennai. Folks at Nissan are more than delighted to welcome TAI-Gers for a detailed tour of their state-of-the-art plant. Before moving on further, following are a few things I'd like to know and inform:

> Based on poll results, we've requested team Nissan to arrange it on Jan 25, 2015 if possible.

> However, the date can be confirmed only once we've a final-confirmation list of all the attendees.

> Therefore, please confirm ASAP (strictly no last-minute drop-outs) so that we can prepare a final list.

> This is a TAI-member only benefit. Each TAI-Ger from across India is more than welcome for plant tour.

> Pictures are allowed in certain locations inside the plant. So those who're willing can take their cameras along.

> We'll be shortly dispatching a Mass-PM regarding this event with details and confirmation deadline (More, the merrier).

Quick Details:

> Renault-Nissan Plant is located in Oragadam near Chennai.

> It has a vehicle production capacity of 4 lakh units per annum.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Wow, that is really a wonderful thing Vibhor. thanks for the initiative[clap]

But, we Chennai guys planning for a meet, somewhere at ECR.
The convoy with huge number of cars on ECR will be awesome. If we go to the plant, we might miss the convoy. And we guys planning to go for adventures drive, that no one should forget. Also we are planning for so many fun activities.

If we go to Plant during our meet, we will miss all those fun.

It will be wonderful to meet all the new members and talk about cars. If we go to plant, the interaction among the members would be less.

If the Plant visit is scheduled on February, it will very convenient for all. Also more members of other states can also plan for this.

P.S: Mods, Kindly Change the thread tittle to "Yet Another TAI Mega Meet at Chennai: 25 Jan 2015"

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team

If the Plant visit is scheduled on February, it will very convenient for all. Also more members of other states can also plan for this.
Sure thing, AppU. I've now moved the above posts from Mega-Meet thread. Requesting all the interested members to drop their confirmation here.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Nissan Plant Tour (Chennai) For TAI-Gers: Confirm Your Participation

Thank you 350Z,

I'm IN, If it is happening on Feb [:)]

Requesting all the interested members to drop their confirmation here.
1) AppU
2) Mr.Boss

PS: Thread title reads "Nissan Plant Tour" but it's actually "Renault-Nissan Plant Tour" Can it be renamed?

Last edited:
Re: Renault-Nissan Plant Tour (Chennai) For TAI-Gers: Confirm Your Participation

I am defenitely in for the plant tour [:D]

Re: Renault-Nissan Plant Tour (Chennai) For TAI-Gers: Confirm Your Participation

Another plant meet!

Will join the meet if the dates are confirmed at-least a month before the meet commences so that i can plan all my stay,leaves and places to visit etc..

I'm sure many Taiins from Bangalore would participate this time!

[clap], Count me too Vibhor. Really looking for it.

Just waiting for the dates so that I can confirm my presence for the meet. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom