First Ever All Figo Meet in Bangalore - By Facebook Figo Page Members

Thread Starter #1
The much thought, discussed, planned, postponed, re-planned, ignored meet [:D]

Ford Figo India Owners Group is a closed group in Facebook that's quite active and has 2412 members as on date. Like TAI, this page another knowledge source and filled with handful of technically sound members. We have been initiating threads for a All Figo Meet since quite long time and I have been reigniting it again and again! And finally it happened yesterday [clap]

Here is the teaser...

10012513_10152343214078417_1713518556_n.jpg

More details and pics to follow...

Super Subbu,

I hope, this meet would be the refreshment to you from the hectic personal things.

BTW, where are the pics dude?

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the response guys. I was waiting for the pics from someone else.

We initiated such meets few times earlier and none worked as people weren’t very serious about it. We probably don’t have Sethus, AppUs & RKs in that page. However, this time, a fellow member initiated it and I took it forward. Luckily, few showed up their interest and the numbers grew slowly.

I suggested Hessargetta Grassland as that’s a hotspot for Auto meets and photo shoots. Moreover, that’s been in my pending list for quite long time. As everyone agreed, we zeroed on the location, date and time as 6 AM. About 6 members confirmed their presence, though we have a big number from Bangalore. Anyways, that’s a decent number to start anything, isn’t it?

BTW, Special Thanks to Binoy, a fellow member and initiator of this meet, to print a banner for the meet and that's the one you see as teaser. Moreover, across India, we have been discussing about a logo for the page quite a long time and nothing has been materialized yet. Like our stickers ah?! This banner is liked by many in the page, but wasn't finalized as the logo yet. Will do it shortly. I am speculating, which will reach my Figo's bumper first? Will it be TAI??? [confused]

It was suggested to start the voyage from Bayapanahalli as it was close for couple of members. I and another member met at Banaswadi signal as it was closer for us and the people from Bayapanahalli joined us there. Well, it was a sight not to miss! 5 Figos parked in line on the Service Road. 2 White, 2 Grey and mine stood out unique as Chill Metallic. The commonality was, all were First Model, Diesel One and Stock Fresh with no mods/upgrades.

We left for the spot trusting Google Maps GPS Navigation. The route we took was Banaswadi – Hebbal – HMT – Jalahalli – Hessarghatta Main Road. However, we were misguided and went beyond the spot missing a road which we should have taken. We went about 4 KMs and enquired someone on the road to find our spot. Thanks to Girish – I suddenly remembered he visited this place few months ago and I called him for directions. He was so kind enough to respond me quickly by checking the maps and guided me perfectly. Thanks again Girish, you were the savior that day!

Map 1.jpg

Finally, we reached the spot! The view was amazing and makes one to wonder, is this a place just in Bangalore? It’s a plan valley with grass up to about a foot. I wish it was a monsoon, to have those grass lush green. Nevertheless, the brownish dried grasses were yet beautiful. Eucalyptus and other trees aside, leaving a barren land, with a pathway of red mud road. Yeah, though the red soil would mess up your cleaned & polished tyres, it complimented well the brown grass. In monsoon, I guess, the roads would be muddy, but the view would be breathtaking. So, you got to lose one to get one right? So, lesson learnt? Don’t dress up your tyres for this trip.

So, whatsup? We parked our rides and started the photo session. Here are few… As it was all Figos and stock fresh, we didn’t click pics on interiors etc.

1st Pitstop at Hessarghatta Main Road

1.jpg

2.jpg

Fellow Member, Varun, posing with the Banner.

3.jpg

Seeking directions, when we were lost. I was talking to Girish then.

4.jpg

Members posing with the banner.

5.jpg

6.jpg

What a sight!

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

The King, in the middle!

12.jpg

As it was already close to 9, everyone’s tummy was growling. So, what to eat and where? Nothing around there, except “Kuteeram by Taj” and “Our Native Village”. Thinking Taj would be an expensive affair, we called up the latter. The buffet breakfast was Rs. 600 per head! Whereas, the same in Kuteeram was 250. Well, that’s the choice.

That's Kuteeram, by Taj

13.jpg

The breakfast was kind of OK with Idlies, Vada, a small Masala Dosa, & Tea/Coffee. However, 250 for this? Hmmmm yeah, it’s Taj. We had a formal introduction and chat over the BF. All rides were 2 ½ to 3 ½ yrs old and the oldest one clocked 88K ODO. Per him, its stock fresh and nothing had to be changed including Clutches and Brakes. Two of the members got their family too and one of them had a child of 7 Months! It was commendable to see ladies too volunteered for such an Auto Meet and with a kid of that age.

Big Plans – Later, we were discussing about next meets and events and one of the members suggested a beautiful idea. He said, we can gather more members for the next and approach FASS for sponsorship. We can carry their banners for their promotion and utilize their sponsorship for some Services to the Society / Needy ones. Apart from NGOs, maybe, can visit nearby villages and do something of what they may need. Wow, that was thoughtful! Apart from fun and passion, we can do better thing for others too. I outrightly agreed and others too. I also thought to bring this idea to our forum. And frankly, that’s the whole idea of my creating this thread. Let’s think and plan something guys?

With that noble thought, we bid adieu, again with Google. But this time, we decided to take a different route, which I thought to be easier and it was. Kuteeram – Hessarghatta Main Road – Tumkur Road – Hebbal – Banaswadi. Though the distance wasn’t much different, the roads were better and we didn’t have to take a lot of small lanes and gullies with bad roads that we had to onward. It was simple and easy. I would suggest this route better.

Map 2.jpg

One the whole, the meet was good, refreshing, and thought provoking, though it was small and short [clap][cheers]

Hmm,

Subbu you did it finally man [clap] missing the VW meet[anger]

When subbu is around there is no need of Sethu,RK and Appu

Nice short and cute meet. All the cars look great and I think you car color shows the curves clearly than others so it look different to me.

Yes the thought to do something useful for the need is good, hope we do something like that in future with our meets.

Logo design is excellent man !!

Amazing pictures Subbu!
Short and sweet description of the meet. As said by you it always makes you happier being with the owners of the same car. [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #9
All the cars look great and I think you car color shows the curves clearly than others so it look different to me.
RK - That's the whole idea of me picking that color. Figo stands out in light colors. White, the best color and Chill the next. I am still in love with Figo in White, however, my wife thought it maybe tough to maintaining it well. But as a fact of the matter, I do, which she didn't expect then. We thought of Grey too, but fell for Chill just at the first sight.

+ Tough Waxing Job boss... Hope it pays me well.

Last edited:
Subbu, Fantastic. Even though you have missed our pune trio, am sure you had tons of fun in this meet.

Great idea man.

Even I have initiated one in chevy FB page for all Chevy cars. Let us see.

Last edited:
Hi Subbu,

Thats one the fantastic meet there, the pics are great, hope you had lots of fun. Nice to see all the Figo's in one place. Your Figo stands out. It was pleasure talking to you and nice that it was helpful and appreciate the great thought you guys came up with and it was not just a meet and meet of like minded people as well.

P.S: The place will be even more beautiful with those open skies when its green all over. Ideal time to visit would be the day next when it is rained.

Cheers,
Girish

Top Bottom