Mumbai CARnama - Mumbai Meet and Drive - Experiences Pg. 5 Onwards!

Thread Starter #1
After the success of the Mumbai Mini meet, we decided that our next meet would be a drive. We also decided eventually that the drive would be within the city considering the constraints of all members and their conveniences.

After a small discussion, Raja suggested the following plan -
  • Meet in the morning at Bandra
  • Take the sea link to go to Marine Drive
  • Have tea/coffee
  • Drive to Colaba
  • Take the new Eastern Freeway and drive to Chembur
  • Have Gujarati Thali
  • Head home

Date: 10th November 2013
Time to meet at Bandra: 9 am

If any members have any limitations or difference in opinion regarding the venue or plan, please come forward and post about it instead of backing out of the plan. Maybe it can be worked upon. More members means more fun!

Please confirm your attendance in the following format within quotes and in bold:

Username - Car/Public Transport/Accompanying other member - From (Area) - Confirmed/Tentative
Mine is -

raj_5004 - Civic - Powai - Tentative (95% in!)

Attachments

Last edited:
Yes raj the plan is perfect.

Only one suggestion, will be 9 am feasible for all as being a sunday morning i think it will be bit early for people who wake up on sunday bit aaram se and people coming from far too.
Keith will have to leave at 7 in early morning and people coming from western suburbs will also have to leave by 8 am. So i think time should be around 10 am. But than too if everyone is ok with this time than i have no issues.

Thread Starter #3
Only one suggestion, will be 9 am feasible for all as being a sunday morning i think it will be bit early for people who wake up on sunday bit aaram se and people coming from far too.
Keith will have to leave at 7 in early morning and people coming from western suburbs will also have to leave by 8 am. So i think time should be around 10 am. But than too if everyone is ok with this time than i have no issues.
Of course, if more members want the time to be postponed to 10 am, it can be done. I am awaiting replies from members now.

First and foremost we need to explain why the Mumbai - Pune meet was put on hold .

In Mumbai we have a quite good list of tai members and some of them are still students or have just completed studies and are in search of job .

The meet in amby valley demanded 1500k₹ and for a student at times this becomes a bit high amount when he adds the 1500 + fuel and toll charges .

So we decided let's have a Mumbai drive meet first , get maximum members from Mumbai for this meet and then ask opinion from all about how the Mumbai - Pune can be done in a economical setting .
For example if we can car pool from Mumbai , if we can get some discount in some resort , which date and month can be perfect for all . And then Later discuss this with our esteemed Pune members also and then start a thread with some basic plan in place .

So taking the above points into consideration I suggested the plan for a Mumbai drive which raj_5004 has well explained above .

Taking into consideration that we have some student members with us , and some who are just about to search for jobs we tried to make a plan which needs minimum monetary contribution per head .

The above plan posted by raj_5004 just needs 500-600 ₹ per member ( fuel charges excluded )

Only charges to be paid here are
1) sea link one way toll charge -50₹

2) tea/ coffee - max 50₹

3) thali - lunch charges - 250-300 ₹

4)100₹ - for safety and extra charges if needed or required .

If other members from any city want to join us , they are most welcome . Some members have some better plan kindly suggest .

Above posted plan is not locked yet .

Attaching the pic of the restaurant were we are planing to have our lunch .

It's a 100% veg restaurant .

Maharana Kamat Gujarati in Chembur,Mumbai.Maharana Kamat Restaurant in Chembur,Mumbai | Timescity

Attachments

Last edited:
@ all

Today I went to the restaurant with my wife to have dinner , and ask incase if you come in large numbers that is plus 10 people can we get some discount [;)]

But I was told flatly no [glasses].

The restaurant opens at 11 am and will be open till 3:30pm in the afternoon on Sunday and 7:30pm till 11pm in night .

Charges will be 250₹ per head unlimited as much as you want .

Attaching pics of thali and the restaurant .

Still if anyone has better plans can come and suggest it .

Others pointers to remember .

Bringing your car is great But incase someone can't bring their car or bike it's still fine and you are still welcome to join .

So kindly don't think you need a vehicle to be a part of this meet .

Attachments

Last edited:
The place seems to be good raja and neat and clean too. Thali also seems tempting, so if everyone ready than lets go ahead with it.

This is authentic food,by looking only it so tempting

What about Parking?we'l all be having more cars this time

I am in, have been waiting for this for a long time

no issues with the timings 9 or 10 both is fine for me

Just let me know the exact spot and timing once decided.

[:D][:D]
Great and thanx for your eagerness to be a part of the grand drive meet .

the exact spot most probably will be Bandra reclamation toll booth from were the sea link starts .

Kindly keep a eye on this thread and check the updates regularly .

Thread Starter #14
So, list of confirmed attendees:
raj_5004 - Civic - Powai - Tentative (95% in!)
Raja - ? - Chembur - Confirmed
nicepankaj - Punto - Bhayandar - Confirmed
Cruiser - Ertiga - ? - Confirmed
Storme911 - Storme - ? - Confirmed
ravib - Car Pool - Andheri - Confirmed
Jarpickle - ? - ? - Confirmed
Sandykudva - ? - ? - Confirmed
PetrolHeadPrash - ? - ? - Confirmed

Top Bottom