The Second Mumbai - Pune Meet!

Please choose the date most convenient to you -

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
After the success of the Mumbai Mini meet, we decided that our next meet would be a drive. And since we are anyways driving, why not drive half way towards Pune so that even the Pune members can join in?

As of now, the plan is still at its nascent stage. Nothing is finalized or planned yet and this thread has been started with a precise intention of knowing what day, time, plan and venue would be favorable for all members.

After a small discussion, we decided that we will head to Aamby Valley as 'Cruiser' is a member over there and can let us in for a small fee, which is 1500 INR per person. This includes the entry and lunch. More details on this aspect would be revealed by 'Cruiser'.

Since Aamby Valley falls mid-way between Mumbai and Pune, it would be convenient for members from both sides to join in. The plan is to arrive there by afternoon, have lunch, chit-chat and drive back home safely.

If any members have any limitations or difference in opinion regarding the venue, plan or dates, please come forward and post about it instead of backing out of the plan. The plan is not concrete as of now, its just a suggestion. So everything can be worked upon. Our priority is maximum members because that means maximum fun!

I have added a poll regarding some tentative dates. Weekend dates have been chosen so that maximum members can participate. Please select a date as per your convenience. Multiple options can be selected if you are okay with more than one option.

Once the venue, plan and date has been finalized, we can proceed to form the confirmed attendees. Some pics of Aamby Valley -

Attachments

Last edited:
Apart from 23rd and 24th nov iam ok with any dates . Venue too is ok for me the one suggested here or even if it changes .

@ cruiser can you kindly explain us what we get to enjoy at amby valley ?

Wow thats a great thought with an awesome Venue. Please count me in. One request if possible please keep the location as Lonava so that members from both the cities can make it.

Thread Starter #4
Wow thats a great thought with an awesome Venue. Please count me in. One request if possible please keep the location as Lonava so that members from both the cities can make it.
Lonavala - point noted!

If any other members wish to have the location as Lonavala, please chip in your thoughts NOW. We will go with the majority.

Great initiative @RAJ !!

I have a trip to Pune but the dates are not finalised. Also not that far in November and should be during last week of october or 1st week of november. So if this meet is preponed a bit during 1st week after Diwali, then I will try and join you guys. This is just my situation, so it is more important that Mumbai and Pune members convenience than me[:)]. I wish a grand meet this time and I also vote for Lonavala/Khandala than spending that money at Amby valley

Thread Starter #6
Great initiative @RAJ !!
The initiative was not just mine, but the entire group.
I have a trip to Pune but the dates are not finalised. Also not that far in November and should be during last week of october or 1st week of november. So if this meet is preponed a bit during 1st week after Diwali, then I will try and join you guys
Since most of us met just yesterday, another meet within a week would be a bit too fast. Nevertheless, this will be in consideration and if more members want the meet to be preponed, it will be.

I wish a grand meet this time and I also vote for Lonavala/Khandala than spending that money at Amby valley
So, thats two votes for Lonavala over Aamby Valley. We have some more people who have expressed discomfort over spending money in Aamby Valley, so the venue is being reconsidered. We are just waiting for opinions from more members.

Thank you rajeev for giving a brief explanation of the place and meet at aamby valley and thanks for those beautiful pics of there.

Yes raja ill just put up the details like what all we can do there.

So guys as the p;an follows if we go to aamby valley than we will have to pay charges as rajeev mentioned above which will include lunch and entry inside.
On inside it is a vast place, almost like a mini city you can say, there is eveything inside from hospital, theatre, resort, school, zoo, gymnasium, beach, boating and much more. Once you go inside you are free to roam around in your cars where ever you want. There are different concept places made there where we can go look around spare some time there and than go to the next point. It is a beautiful place to be. There are total of 11 man made lakes inside.
This was the small description about the place.

Now what we can do there lets talk on that:
We can see different places inside and enjoy there. Can visit different points and see the whole city around in our cars. As our lunch will be arranged we can have that and than again can proceed for sightseeing. There are some activities like boating and adventure sports, if someone from us want to enjoy that than can do at extra cost for that.

For this meet we have to consider time as the most important thing as if we will be punctual than we can see more places inside and enjoy there more. I think to enjoy the whole city in one day we should reach there by 9 am in the morning so you get full day there and you can enjoy a lot with sufficient time to visit all the places there.

So, thats two votes for Lonavala over Aamby Valley. We have some more people who have expressed discomfort over spending money in Aamby Valley, so the venue is being reconsidered. We are just waiting for opinions from more members.
Aamby valley is a different experience in itself all together and 1500 is really worth it. I think Aamby valley is cool option, we should go with this option as the drive from Lonaval till the valley via Bhushi Dam and Tiger Point is very nice and enjoyable

I think to enjoy the whole city in one day we should reach there by 9 am in the morning so you get full day there and you can enjoy a lot with sufficient time to visit all the places there.
Hi Cruiser is there a option of Brunch available if we to reach there by 9

Thread Starter #13
Sorry for the bummer guys. I am coming in with a disappointing news. Due to some constraints, difficulties and unexpected dilemma, the Mumbai-Pune drive has to be cancelled.

There are not many members who are willing/free to drive down to Lonavala this time and hence it does not make sense to organize a meet if the participation itself is very low.

But on the brighter side of the coin, we have not abandoned this idea as a whole, we have just decided to postpone it. Postpone it to a date when there will be more members from Mumbai, so that this drive and meet can be justified. Till then, we have decided that we will skip the drive to Lonavala and plan a half day drive in Mumbai itself.

I am apologizing again for the sudden turn of event guys. I am requesting the MODS to delete this thread and will be starting a new thread for the Mumbai drive.

350Z

Core Team
Note: Thread closed. Please feel free to request the moderators for re-opening it in case a similar event is planned again in future. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom