Mumbai Mini Meet - 21st Oct 2013

Thread Starter #1
I have purposely named this thread as a "mini meet" because I believe this is just the start... sort of an inauguration of all the future 'mega meets' wherein we expect more and more members to join, so that we meet more like minded people and have more fun, like we did this time.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Mumbai-Pune (Lonavala) meet, but this is I guess the first time a lot of Mumbaikar TAI'ns have volunteered to join in for a meet.

Talking about the meet, this meet was initiated by 'jarpickle' over here. What started off as a 'decarbonization drive' eventually turned out to be dinner meet. A lot of discussions happened on the forum regarding the dates, timing, venue, etc. and when nothing concrete could be sorted, a small Whatsapp group was created where all the members decided that it is best to meet on Monday evening since 'zengetz' will be in town. After some further discussions, it was decided that we will meet in Bandra and then head to Persian Darbar for an exquisite dinner.

The final list of confirmed members were -

• raj_5004
  • Raja
  • zengetz
  • Superbad
  • Cruiser
  • Jarpickle
  • Storme911
  • Vinie
  • RaviB

Sadly, at the last moment, zengetz had to drop out as the meeting he had in Mumbai got cancelled. Also, even Superbad had to do kalti.com since he had a busy day and was too tired ([:D]) to come all the way to Bandra. So that left us with 7 confirmed members.

Now the plan was made as follows:

1. The meeting point was Bandra Reclamation, time was decided as 6:30 pm.
  2. I had some work in Andheri. So I will drive down to Bandra in my XUV via Andheri. 'RaviB' told me that he will meet me in Andheri in his ANHC and we can drive down to Bandra together.
  3. Raja and Jarpickle will meet Storme911 in Sion and they will directly come to Bandra in his Storme.
  4. Vinie and Cruiser will also come directly to the venue in their i20 and Ertiga respectively.

The plan made was fool proof but not everything goes as planned, does it? After I finished my work in Andheri, as planned I met RaviB on the highway towards Bandra at sharp 6 pm, expecting to reach the venue by 6:30. The WhatsApp group was continuously buzzing about updates from everyone. Meanwhile, Raja buzzed that he has met Storme911 in Sion, but Jarpickle is running late. So, I decided that we (me and RaviB in convoy) will drive slowly and economically because we have LOTS OF TIME! But soon we were stuck in a major traffic snarl and it took us way more time than expected. So much time that everyone including the Storme gang, Cruiser and Vinie had already reached the location. Soon I got a call from Raja that the oh-so-good cops of Mumbai wont allow them to park their cars in Bandra Reclamation and they will head towards Persian Darbar where we were supposed to have their dinner.

Raja guided me to the place through phone. After some confusions and wrong turns, we eventually reached the place, a cool one hour late. By the time we reached the coffee shop besides the restaurant, the members were seated and chilling. We made ourselves comfortable and started our chit-chat. The discussions was on various topics which of course included TAI, the threads, some members [evil], ICE, etc. All of us had cold coffee whereas Raja asked for black coffee.

After about an hour of fun and fooling around, we headed to Persian Darbar which was a 2 minute walk away. Vinie had some prior commitment and so he could not join us for dinner. But before leaving, he showed us his i20 with aftermarket alloys, lighting and ICE. Meanwhile, in the restaurant, Raja had already reserved a table for us. There were 2 vegetarians, 2 egg-itarians and 2 non-vegetarians. Likewise, we ordered the food and to cut things short, all I can say is that the food was lip smacking good. Credit goes to Raja as the restaurant was his choice. After the food, we even had a delicious Butter Scotch cake with TAI written on it followed by yummy Falooda!

Finally, with our stomachs bursting at its limits, we headed outside towards the cars. Then started the comparison of the XUV and the Storme... How can we miss that, since both cars are present in the meet? [embarass] Poor 'Cruiser' was made to sit in all the seats and test the space and comfort!

Finally, we decided that it is time to head back home. All members bid farewell and clambered into their cars and drove off. This time, Raja and Jarpickle hoped into my car and I dropped them at Chembur and Sion respectively.

All said and done, it was a great meet. I personally had a lot of fun. I feel such meets should happen more often and a lot more members should join in. Next time, we will try to keep the meet on Sundays so that it is convenient for everyone to join in.

P.S.: Watch this space for more... There are pics and experiences of other members coming up.

Last edited:
guys the meeting was super fun , i will update in detail later first the pics

Attachments

Last edited:
Pics say it all. This was a mini meet conducted in a grand way. Waiting for more pics.

@ raj---- kalti.com thats funny[lol]

This is the second tai meet that I have attended so far and it was an amazing experience like the first one(mumbai-pune meet).Keith(jarpickle) insisted that I better stay back and study for my exams than attending the meet. Hehe I could not stop myself from attending the meet. I joined raj_5004 on the western express highway. Initially we taught we would be the first ones to reach the venue and will have to wait for the other members. But as soon as we started to drive towards the venue there was unexpected amount of traffic.I taught the traffic might just be for a small stretch but to our horror it continued all the way to the venue. Other than this experience everything was so wonderful. The food that we had was mind blowing all thanks to raja. Hehe guys I might be a little shy in the beginning but soon you might realise that i am one of the craziest person you have ever met :P

My experience with the members:-

Raja- Mahn this guy is amazing!! You will rarely meet such people . The way he talks has uniqueness to it. He can mesmerise you with his talks. I might fall short of words to describe him. Hope i get to meet him again soon.

Jarpickle- Another nice guy.Better not piss him off. Totally fun being around with him.

Raj_5004- Another great entertainer like raja. Wish he could have got his ceevee instead of xuv.

Storme911- Basically the totally relaxed timepass person.

Cruizer- Almost always excited. Makes sure he has a word in every conversation.

Vinie- He left early did not speak much to him. But i guess you could call him the accessory guru. Dude i seriously need your help to mod my ANHC .

Great pics raja, it was a great meet and we all had a wonderful time together. The food was very good and especially the cake was just awesome, thankyou for it.
Hope to have such meets again in future with these beautiful people.

Also, even Superbad had to do kalti.com since he had a busy day and was too tired ([:D]) to come all the way to Bandra.
[cry]

am very sorry to miss the meet.

hopefully , i would be in a better condition to attend the next meet.

Thread Starter #8
Some pics from my side:

The horrendous traffic which we encountered on the way to Bandra -

DSC_1692.jpg

RaviB sent me a pic of his fuel consumption on whatsapp -

IMG-20131021-WA0011.jpg

While my diesel powered XUV fared better -

IMG-20131021-WA0007.jpg

A pic of my XUV clicked by RaviB -

IMG-20131021-WA0004.jpg

Raja boarding the Storme in Sion -

IMG-20131021-WA0006.jpg

Vinie's i20 -

IMG-20131022-WA0004.jpg

The restaurant -

DSC_1693.jpg

Comparison tests being performed on the XUV and Storme -

IMG-20131022-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20131022-WA0003.jpg

Third row space test of XUV being done by RaviB and Storme911 -

DSC_1694.jpg

My experience with the members:-

Raja- Mahn this guy is amazing!! You will rarely meet such people . The way he talks has uniqueness to it. He can mesmerise you with his talks. I might fall short of words to describe him. Hope i get to meet him again soon.
[surprise][embarass]

Last edited:
i have never attended a meet more then 3 people without dharmesh being around , so to be very honest I missed him very badly . He is the one who used to arrange everything in the Mumbai meets held before and zengetz was missed too because he was actually the reason why the venue for dinner was decided in the first place .

Having said that , like every other meet this meet too was full of fun , great food .

Since I live in chembur my first meeting point was sion , were storme911 was already waiting for me he had reached there 5 mins before me . After 10 mins even jar pickle came and then we headed to the final meeting point at Bandra reclamation . Although we did face evening traffic it was not much , and we reached the final meeting point comfortably .

After that raj_5004 has already narrated how things went .

I have met most of the members before but 2 members I met for the first time
Cruiser and Vinie .

Cruiser - is a no nonsense , straight forward guy and totall enthusiastic about meets . Extremely relaxed and the one who goes with the flow quite easily . Infact he has come with a brilliant idea of a Mumbai - Pune meet which we will plan shortly .

Vinie- is one and all one stop for guys who are interested in doing any kind of extra enhancements to their cars . Moreover he has modded his i20 very uniquely ( read in classy way ) although he was not able to spend much time with us he made us all aware on how to enhance the car by putting accessories without even cutting a single wire and without voiding the warranty .
Rest all I have met before too , so my impressions about them are same as before .

raj_5004
Extremely energetic guy , who actually infuses so much of excitement , fun, enthusiasm in the meet . Some have unique quality to their personality to blend with every situation and he is one of those guys . He is some one who makes sure that the meet has variety of topics to discuss and lot of fun too.

Ravi b is a quiet guy , but again some one who will blend with the flow without any fuss . Very humble and down to earth . Hope your exams were fine . Highly appreciate that you stayed till long and enjoyed the dinner with us too .

storme _911 extremely cool , I would say super cool guy. Ever smiling , very polite well mannered guy . And you have to just mention a word " meet " and he is in for it .

jar pickle my partner in crime ( hardcore non- vegetarian ) I sometimes wonder he is more passionate about food or cars [:D].
But totally unbiased , to the point Straight forward , honest guy . It's fun to have him around . Very humble and down to earth .

Most importantly Iam happy that all enjoyed the food . Jar pickle and storme 911 knew this venue so I was not worried about them , but others were vegetarian guys so was a bit worried if they will like it or not . Glad they enjoyed it .

guys the meeting was super fun , i will update in detail later first the pics
Awesome guys ..i really feel the excitement you guys might have had sitting right here.Wished i could also join you but alas! i am in Pune and my beast is yet to come [:)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom