The 800 CC Meet

Thread Starter #1
This was a long time pending meet of all the 800's.

The meet was just decided just 2 days before the meet. Tried to recall all the 800 owners and called them. I could get only few responses.

We had been to Nandi hills. Started at 4.45 am in the morning. Reached back home by 10.30 (short and sweet meet).

Members joined..

Me
Joe King - 800
Sri Harsha - Alto 800
Karthik - 800
Girish & his friends - 800

We drove each others car. The star of the show was Joe's turbocharged 800.

Wow that's a real DIY of adding a turbo charger to a 800. The car moves like any thing. All the other cars on the Ghats were struggling to climb (even diesel cars) but this car zoom passed every thing. [clap].
No words to describe it,if the car zoom passes any bigger car at high speeds. The driver of the other car's expression would be like this [confused]

Harsha has got a new exhaust and a set potenza's 13". Drove this car was pretty impressed the way it handles. The exhaust note is good and not loud too. The car looks new even though is a 7 year old car.

Then next would be testing Girish's car driving down the hill. The car is butter smooth as usual. Brakes are excellent considering its a carb model. No rattles. The only thing I found was the tires flex at sudden turing since the height / side wall is big and of 145 sections.

Dint drive the other two cars. I was missing my 800 a lot. Though we were thinking to take it but we tested last night just for few kms the engine was over heating. So left it at home.

We enjoyed speaking to each other, later saw the sun set the climate was very good. We could find mist early in the morning.

Thanks to every one to make this meet memorable.

Some pic's..

Attachments

Last edited:
Great to know that another meet happened in Namma City.
You spend time till night or morning 10.30?
Probably Sunrise ? or Sunset ? I think people drive to Nandi Hills to see the sunrise in the morning. Hope you had a great time :)

Hi All,

First of all I thank you for initiating a meet of 800's. Had a very good time yesterday.

I met with Varun, Harsha and Karthink at padmanabanagar and we started early morning and met Joe at Hebbal and continued to Nandi hills. Although I knew Varun, harsha and Karthink before got a chance to meet Joe for the first time.

Once we reached the hill, spent sometime chit chatting for an hour. Thought of having a breakfast at Mayura hotel maintained by KSTDC but did'nt interest anyone. So, we thought of having breakfast on our way back and had only coffee/Tea at Mayura.

Nandi hills was at its best early in the morning and a treat to our eyes, pictures says it all. Thanks for sharing pics Varun.

Coming to rides on cars,

Joe's 800 wins it all. What a fantastic ride it was. I had just heard Varun spoken about his car and experienced it only when I sat in his car while the downhill. The turbo kick was just awesome. Felt like i was floating for few seconds when it kicked in and zoomed away from 50 to 100 in no time. I was much more amazed when I heard that he got the turbo and the intercooled installed himself. Another thing which kind of surprised me was there was no brake booster installed and he was so confident with his driving.

Next comes, Harsha's Alto, i could not drive his car but for sure its an eye catcher on the streets. Its a 7 year old car and it was glittering like we could see our faces all over his car. The exhaust note was awesome though only the end part of the silencer was altered. Felt like the FFE was installed. All in all a fantastic car, adding to that the bridgestone 165 profile tires was a perfect looker.

Karthink's 800 - A beautifully maintained car. Same with his 800. The exhaust note was vrooming. I got a chance to drive his car, the first impression was the streering wheel. As mine was OEM steering wheel, karthink's was of small one anyways got used to it after few kms of driving. The ride was awesome. It could go till 120 Kmph without any efforts. Brakes needs to be given check in my opinion.

My car - Varun has already written above :-)

Then after the toll nearby airport, we stopped at the signal at sadahalli gate for breakfast. Breakfast was good and then continued. Later I dropped my friends who had joined me at padmanabhanagar and visited Varun's home. Got to see his 800 and Enjoy parked opposite to each other. Also, drove his 800 and was pleased with his new power steering and it was a breeze to drive. Only thing noticed was after a few kms the engine was heated and the coolant color was changed to kind of red. Hopefully his 800 will be back to form after the engine work which would come up in some days.

Missed his 800 on the meet, but never mind and hoping to see his 800 in the next meet.

I would like to thank everyone for making up for the meet.

Cheers,
Girish

Wow, Nandi hills is an awesome place to see the sun rise, glad to know you guys had a wonderful meet. Cheers [:D]

Thanks guys. It was good fun spending time together with our cars and the drive to Nandi is always fun. It was nice chatting up with you all.

Thread Starter #7
We again had a 800 meet !! Thanks everyone .. We drove to Hessaraghatta Grass lands.

It was a short & sweet meet.

Attachments

Hello Guys! It was surprisingly an awesome meet we had today.

The agenda was to drive to hesaraghatta with our little angels and we did it with blasting colors, it was decided quickly and very fast (I knew it was going to happen yesterday only), When Varun called me and said that they are having 800 meet, i asked him how do i take my enjoy and come it will look like an oddball from the lot, he said no problem and to bring it, then an idea struck that why i shouldn't take my cousin's spanking new Alto 800 and informed Varun (he was [glasses]) and then i asked my cousin, he readily agreed and gave the keys.

Fast forward to the drive, i was waiting in the ring road and then joined with other 5 cars then had fun and from there every moment was great.

Participants:
*Girish: Blue 800
*Guru R: Beige 800
*Karthick Sooji: White 800
*Varun: Metallic blue 800
*Vinay: Red 800
*Vishwas: White Alto 800

Totally 6 members and 6 cars

We sorely missed Anand (SS80) with his 800 in the meet as he had some personal commitments due to which he couldn't join us, but there's always next time Anand.

Enough of typing let me add pics:
005.jpg

000.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg