TAI Mumbai Meet And Decarbonization Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Its been a while since we have had a proper Mumbai meet, hence I was thinking of putting forth the idea of having a meet sometime soon before Diwali perhaps.

As the name suggests Meet and Decarbonization drive, the idea for this came after a conversation with one of our member Prem(teamphd60)http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/members/teamphd60-12030.html

Prem has brought a new type of engine decarbonization method to India which uses gas instead of the usual liquid cleaning agents and after a discussion on the following thread :http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/9669-decarbonization-your-engine.html , Prem suggested why not have a TAI meet where he can decarbonize our cars.

I have asked Prem to do a compression test to check the compression before and after so that members can be at ease that no harm will come to their engines after the decarbonization.

The charges per car are Rs2500.We hope to get a TAI special discount on this never the less.Prem said he will let us know.Right now, they can treat cars upto 3000cc.We will need a place to conduct this meet and Prem and his team will need a power source.Members please suggest something.

Spoke to Raja and he asked me to start a thread as this is a good opportunity to meetup and get your cars engine internals cleaned up as well.

Hope to see you all at the meet.

Let the discussion and planning begin.

This is awesome. But is decarbonisation needed for car less than a year old?

Secondly, is the venue decided?

This is awesome. But is decarbonisation needed for car less than a year old?

Secondly, is the venue decided?
Thank you jarpickle.

I would recommend Decarbonization for Vehicles that have completed 18,000kms and above.

Based on my findings the user will be able to feel a difference once the vehicle has clocked a certain mileage.

As for the Venue, we are seeking for assistance from the Forum Members to help us out.

Please feel free to give constructive suggestions / ideas.

Good idea to meet. Lets plan it. Venue depends on the aprticipation of members like how many members are coming. If there are many members than we have to select a place appropriate for that so than we get enough space to park our cars and if less members are there than that kind of space will be needed.

That's really great idea, but unfortunately I am currently not in India. I would have loved to get my car decarbonized. Damn it has clocked 34000 KM. [surprise]

Thread Starter #7
Nothing decided as of now.Members with new cars can just come for the meet and meet other members.

Sanke1, Cruiser, Raj_5004:Any suggestions?

Last edited:
the idea is great.

my car has been recently decarbonised, so i wont be the one volunteering for it.

but would like to see how it is done anyways.

Sanke1, Cruiser, Raj_5004:Any suggestions?
How about coming Sunday? On Sundays, everyone will be free, including me.

Timing can be anywhere between 10 am to 9 pm. Being a Sunday, nobody would want to get up early.

We can go on a drive from Mulund/Powai/Andheri via the new Easter Freeway towards town and then come back via the Bandra Worli Sea link.

the idea is great.

my car has been recently decarbonised, so i wont be the one volunteering for it.

but would like to see how it is done anyways.
Same here, I may not do the decarbonization, but I wont mind joining in for the trip.

Thread Starter #10
I am always game for a normal meet.

If the numbers are less then Prem and his team won't be joining us as it won't make sense for him to come down from Bangalore.He had already informed me of this.

Lets see what the other members have to say.

I think prem is from Bangalore right ?

It would be better that a decarbonization meeting is held there first ( Bangalore ) since we have a huge list of members from Bangalore who are also active in arranging meets .

Not only all members across the country will get introduced to the concept , but it will be easy for prem and his team to demo his process since they are from Bangalore itself .

Then we can arrange a " decarbonization only "meet in various cities including Mumbai , and decide what are the minimum numbers required for prem which makes its worth for him to travel and demo his process in the respective city .

My 2 cents , but if we can gather enough members in Mumbai itself who are ready for decarbonization then well we can carry forward .

But anyway a Mumbai meet is due anyhow , Decarbonization or not .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom