Delhi Meet in March 2013

Thread Starter #1
It was just another working day of march in 2013 with generally hectic work and travel when I received a message about a TAI members meet in Delhi . I was all smiles , as this is something we TAIans look forward to every time, as we get to bond with fellow petrol heads in real, discussing our favorite topics. It was short notice of a day for most of us I believe. The seeds of opportunity were the visit by @raja to delhi for a show and presence of @singh890 who was in town visiting India after a long time. The destined day was 20th March 2013.

With a few calls and messages to each other it was clear that we would meet up nearer to the venue of the show at Chanakyapuri so that it is convenient for us and @raja .Myself and @freakdude managed to team up and reached the venue together around 8:30 pm. We met up with@mukesh,@singh890 & @Raja who were already at the venue. We did saw a few celebrities attending the function but they could not deviate our attention from our animated and spirited discussions about Cars, Suvs , bikes, gadgets and more. @nitin_k joined us soon and the discussions continued .

It was great knowing each other, in person. Later when @raja’s got free from his event , when tried our each others cars . We studied and discussed @singh890’s XUV 500 and @mukesh’s Safari Storme comparing their interiors as well as performance on road, by taking a test drive each. We also took a round each in cute and zippy Brio and trusted Etios cng . The photo session continued with cars parked in a row.

Finally it was a time to bid adieu after an evening well spent around the glitzy world of showbiz discussing the glam quotient of cars.

Pour pics of the event.
Wanted to attend the meet as I told Ajay about this but could not due to last minute work and squall. But will try next time.
Pics pics and pics please...

We enjoyed a lot yesterday, i was not a show but a Page 3 party with many bollywood celebrities, top leadership of BJP, Cricketers and news chanel heads. Couple of pics (The quality of pics are not good because of lightings at the hall.

Sonu Nigam Performing live:
Sonu Nigam.jpg

Cricketer Yuvraj Singh at the event:
Yuvraj Singh.jpg

It sure was one hell of a meet. Meeting @carabiker, @Raja, @mukesh, @singh890 and @nitin_K felt as if I knew them from long time. A big thanks to Raja for giving us the opportunity and a fantastic reason to meet-up. We talked and talked and talked just about anything thet goes on 4-wheels and drinks petrol or diesel.

Apart form the members' meet, the show was a superb one, got to see Sonu Nigam perform live and believe me guys, he ROCKS!! Within a few minutes into the party, it was quite clear how high profile the party was. Celebrities we spotted include : Virat Kohli, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Azharuddin, Anil Kapoor, Hemamalini, Esha Deol, Abbas Mastan, Gul Panag, Meera Nair, Sushma Swaraj, Raj Babbar, Vijay Mallaya, Baba Ram Dev, Vivek Oberoi, Hritik Roshan, Abhishek Bacchan, Raina and quite a few more.

@Carabiker : Thanks for starting the thread!!

A few pics for all :

2013-03-20 23.22.00.jpg

2013-03-20 23.24.58.jpg

2013-03-20 23.48.11.jpg

2013-03-20 23.53.31.jpg

2013-03-21 00.01.59.jpg

2013-03-21 00.25.42.jpg

2013-03-21 01.15.23.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
there is just one word to describe this meet - AMAZING

it was a pleasure to meet all the heavy weights of TAI and not to mention the celebrities from all different spheres of life - politicians, cricketers, actors, media personalities yoga gurus, the one and only sonu nigam and blah blah.The list is endless.

a special thanks to raja for making this happen.

Raja forced me to drive safari storme and believe me i was totally smitten by the ride quality , maneuverability and the steadiness it provided. revving it was a pleasure on delhi;s road at 1.30am :tongue: I wont hesitate to say i found the steering a little hard compared to the ultra light of my brio but then who ever calls storme a failure needs to get his brain checked.

pictures follow shortly.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
so another delhi meet [:D] awesome. this time i had to visit some relative's house so couldn't come [cry]

hopefully will meet with more members soon [;)]

It was just a superb day not for being a witness to celeb world but to meet our TAI members .

Iam deeply thankful to carabiker, freakdude , Mukesh , nitink and singh890( who all the way came driving from muradabad for the meet ) for coming for the show inspite of it being a weekday and a working day for almost everyone .

Only sad part for me was I had less time to spend with all . But after the show we guys did hangout outside drove each others cars and had great fun , we laughed , talked .

Hope next time we can make it much bigger then this one .

Hmm,

Guys it seems I missed a wonderful meet in Delhi[cry], The celebrity list looks amazing and Raja was on the show WOW kudos to you Raja !!

Now I am clear what all celebrities do in Delhi in the evenings[;)]

Hope to meet friends in Delhi very soon with our new Storme friends too !! and a meet with Mumbai friends during 4th-6th April 13 on the cards [:)]

It was just a superb day not for being a witness to celeb world but to meet our TAI members .

Iam deeply thankful to carabiker, freakdude , Mukesh , nitink and singh890( who all the way came driving from muradabad for the meet ) for coming for the show inspite of it being a weekday and a working day for almost everyone .

Only sad part for me was I had less time to spend with all . But after the show we guys did hangout outside drove each others cars and had great fun , we laughed , talked .

Hope next time we can make it much bigger then this one .
All thanks to you buddy, it was you who arranged this meet and gave a chance to meet our fellow TAIns. Had a loads of fun while spending time with each other. I wish other members like Hillbilly could attend the meet. Everything from meet to Dinner and last photo session was amazing [clap].

aaahhhhh another meet and our TAI ambassador Raja did the initiation as always. I am damn sure you people would have enjoyed your time with Raja. He is fun to go with always.

I am expecting more pics. [confused]

Last edited:
Our members
1) from top left- singh890 with his xuv

2) top right - carabiker in Mukesh's storme .

3) bottom left - Mukesh with Singh's xuv .

4) bottom right - freakdude - in Singh's xuv .

Attachments

Last edited:
Wow, Raja and team !! great. Hope you had fun in the meet. Really I miss all those things since living in south most part of the country [cry]

Anyway, combination of cars are great at this meet. Two more or less same kind of beast XUV500 and Storme with small cutie petrol brio with CNG etios.

We need more picture guys. Pls share.

BTW, where you guys went for food [;)] Hope you guys had at mouth watering joint as usual.

RAJA again the same question, when is your Chennai meet?

Top Bottom