Originally Posted by 350Z
You should definitely decode the VIN before making the final payment. Not sure why the dealer is hesitant to provide it when the car has been already allotted. Do strongly insist for the VIN or proceed for PDI at the earliest.
I'm surely going for the PDI on Saturday and also I will make the payment only after i have decoded it.
But, Im not sure If I will be able to get it decoded on the same day of posting it. I wish if somebody could help me with it on the same day of posting it.
Originally Posted by Vickky
The dealer has told me that my car is allotted. They are hesitating to give me the VIN number.
I'm going for an insurance from outside the dealer, so I need the VIN for Insurance and also to assure myself that it is not an old car.
When are they supposed to give me the VIN or is it not mandatory to give me the VIN.
Those guys told me, during PDI you can check the VIN and get the insurance done.
This would be the sequence of Event that will happen from tomorrow.
1. Going to Bank for Documentation - Hopefully will get the DD and Sanction letter.
2. Going for P D Inspection on Saturday - Check as per PDI list of TAI
3. Take VIN and Request for Decode on TAI
4. After satisfactory PDI will give the sanction letter and DD to Dealer.
5. Hopefully taking delivery on Monday.
Sorry, didnt mention my car in this thread - Verna CRDI SX 1.6.
Please can you all advise if the above steps are correct. I have gone through the thread, but a latest assurance will help me decide.