Originally Posted by shailinder
Great to note that.
Amiti, change your signature if you can. Used Octi would not give any peace of mind. Though it was and still is a great car. Used car would bring aging problem with it and my friend Skoda cars and there maintenance is not easy if you have a light wallet (just kidding). Used hatch would make more sense IMHO.
Waiting for details.
Changed my signature mate.
Regarding Octi, you are correct. Saw 3 cars y'day, none seems to fit my bill.
I always have a light wallet on cars since they are depreciating asset (liability when you see service bills or change parts). But while buying a car I always buy it in cash.
My Driving style -- A safe driver, never goes above 100 even on Pune Mumbai e-way. At the same time like to crunch miles and like powerful cars.
My Monthly running --@1100 kms per month and occasional outings included.I have done 28k kms in 2 years exact.
Fuel (read petrol)cost for me are between 7000 - 8000 INR per month.
Current scenario -- Dad has liked my i10 and now he hijacks it quite often. Well I only wanted that to happen as he also likes driving.
I do take care of my car properly.
1. Keep sharing my car with my dad. I can do it, not much of a problem I guess, only petrol costs of around 7-8k per month.
2. Being an automatic i10, it is thirsty and gives 12 km/l in city
. Hence thought of giving that car to my dad. Dad won't be driving so much.
3. Buy alto k10 to save that extra cash on fuel bills. I don't want a car for any status kind of thing. Initial cost will be less
4. Buy a diesel hatch or indigo ecs to save little extra cash on fuel bills. Initial cost will be little more.
5. Do not buy anything and do as written in point 1 for at least 1-2 years. No cost at all
So out of options which looks good? 3, 4, 5? OR any other? Shailinder please let me know if you need more details.