The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   The Automotive Library (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-library/)
-   -   The Definitive Petrol v/s Diesel Calculator (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-library/4755-definitive-petrol-v-s-diesel-calculator.html)

vaibhav 14th June 2014 09:20 AM

Re: The Definitive Petrol v/s Diesel Calculator

Just run 12000 km in 2 years
Rependting buying diesel

MSN1 14th June 2014 09:40 AM

Heard that Diesel and petrol both prices may go up by 70 Paisa, but its for a good reason
Government wants to make sure on further removing bad contents in fuel that causes cancer, to refine it oil co's needs to invest 80 thousand crores it seems

read it on today dinamalar tamil news daily

MSN1 2nd September 2014 03:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Like how the price of petrol is decided same thing is going to be applicable to diesel too

till now due to major loss for OIL Companies the previous goverment decided to raise price of diesel by 50 paise per month,

so what now

now the diffrence between diesel price and loss faced by the OIL compaines is just 8 paise,
so government decided to dereguralize diesel price, which means it will flexuate like petrol cost

during the past few months we felt 50 paise increase every month for diesel, and petrol price flexuates according to international sittuation, sooner diesel prices also going to dance to the same tune, i felt this maintains a fixed price diffrence between both the fuels

news source : dinamalar tamil daily 2nd sept 2014 edition

Sidd7hartha 3rd September 2014 11:01 AM

Recent drop in petrol price is a relief for petrol car owners. Also for narrowing the gap between price of petrol & diesel. Feeling guilty even a few days ago for selecting petrol car.Saving of Rs.one lakh seems eaten up by rising price.

anshuman8 7th September 2014 03:45 PM

With recent drops in petrol prices and ever rising diesel prices, is it wiser to buy petrol cars again ?

Read on -

Scroll.in - News. Politics. Culture.

tusharbhai 5th November 2014 04:17 PM

perol vs diesel

hi if my monthly running is less than 600km.does it create problem in the engine.gonna buy swift vdi

D.J.D. 5th November 2014 04:27 PM

Re: perol vs diesel

if your monthly running is only 600 km, why do you want a diesel?

TSIVipul 5th November 2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tusharbhai (Post 415681)
hi if my monthly running is less than 600km.does it create problem in the engine.gonna buy swift vdi

Buy a Swift ZXi and carry on your running in a safer car at least.

tusharbhai 5th November 2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSIVipul (Post 415704)
Buy a Swift ZXi and carry on your running in a safer car at least.

diesel has more torque and hence pickup right thats why i am chosing it

TSIVipul 5th November 2014 08:25 PM

Then why a Swift? Why not a Micra with a bigger heart?
BTW we can discuss it in the concerned thread.

tusharbhai 5th November 2014 08:28 PM

not a big fan of that i love swift but it wont create any problem if i run it or not

Tornado 6th November 2014 04:11 PM

At present, crude oil price in international market is $88 as compared to erstwhile $125 , accordingly government gets the @38INR but government sells it @60 odd Rs. If we consider taxes @15 INR per lit , rates should be bellow 55 INR.

AshBabu 6th November 2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tusharbhai (Post 415726)
diesel has more torque and hence pickup right thats why i am chosing it

Tusharbhai diesel engine has high torque but it does not mean the pick up will be good.

At low speed always there will be a lag in the diesel engine. Also when you change gear and accelerate there will be some delay in response before the diesel engine accelerates. If you want to enjoy the pick up of a car, then petrol engine is the best bet. Also with 600 km per month, petrol engine will be cost effective.

tusharbhai 6th November 2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshBabu (Post 416004)
Tusharbhai diesel engine has high torque but it does not mean the pick up will be good.

At low speed always there will be a lag in the diesel engine. Also when you change gear and accelerate there will be some delay in response before the diesel engine accelerates. If you want to enjoy the pick up of a car, then petrol engine is the best bet. Also with 600 km per month, petrol engine will be cost effective.

u sure about that there iwll be less pickup in 1st gear?

MSN1 6th November 2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshBabu (Post 416004)

Boss, seems you never and ever driven a diesel car... am using diesel car since 5 years and after reading your post i just cannot stop [lol]