The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   The Automotive Library (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-library/)
-   -   New Car Pre-Delivery Inspection – An Exhaustive Guide (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-library/4646-new-car-pre-delivery-inspection-exhaustive-guide.html)

neivindamin 14th February 2012 11:10 PM

Re: New Car Pre-Delivery Inspection – An Exhaustive Guide

thanks for sharing this useful info as iam going to buy new car and this thread had increased my knowledge.

ksquareb 24th February 2012 03:19 PM

Booked HONDA JAZZ SELECT , how many keys are supplied?

hello friends , i have Booked HONDA JAZZ SELECT Urban titanium and will be getting delivery in march(hopefully) , please tell me how many keys are supplied with the car? and what are the other things i should check while taking the delivery of the car?

Thetraveller 24th February 2012 03:21 PM

Re: Booked HONDA JAZZ SELECT , how many keys are supplied?

Congrats on the booking! Normally 2 keys are supplied. Not sure if it comes with remote locking, if yes, mostly 1 key has remote and the other one is normal.

If Honda has anything different I am not sure.

350Z 24th February 2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksquareb (Post 138377)
hello friends , i have Booked HONDA JAZZ SELECT Urban titanium and will be getting delivery in march(hopefully) , please tell me how many keys are supplied with the car? and what are the other things i should check while taking the delivery of the car?

Welcome to The Automotive India. Typically two keys are supplied with a new car (Original and Duplicate). Please refer to the first page of this thread to learn what all has to be taken care of before receiving the delivery (Your thread has been merged.).

Drive Safe,
350Z

ksquareb 24th February 2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 350Z (Post 138381)
Welcome to The Automotive India. Typically two keys are supplied with a new car (Original and Duplicate). Please refer to the first page of this thread to learn what all has to be taken care of before receiving the delivery (Your thread has been merged.).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thank You 350Z

vaibhav 22nd March 2012 03:43 PM

Hi
I have paid booking amount.
Do we do PDI before giving final cheque ? Or final cheque is given at time of delievery?

350Z 23rd March 2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaibhav (Post 146117)
Hi
I have paid booking amount.
Do we do PDI before giving final cheque ? Or final cheque is given at time of delievery?

Does not matter. Though I would prefer doing it before giving out full cash. Perform PDI and make sure the VIN matches while taking the delivery.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Jazzy 23rd March 2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksquareb (Post 138377)

Hi,
Congrats. 2 keys are supplied with the jazz. 1 is a normal key with manual locking capability only. The other one is the main key which comes with remote locking/unlocking buttons.

LaTour 15th June 2012 10:50 PM

Hi 350Z,
Thanks for the nice compilation. I'm looking forward to have my PDI my Punto Dynamic 1.3 MJD 75hp tomorrow.

vaibhav 10th July 2012 09:47 PM

Hi
Want to know after PDI , i will give draft to dealer. So will i get car immediately after giving draft same day or after 2-3 days of registration etc ?

350Z 10th July 2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaibhav (Post 180322)
Want to know after PDI , i will give draft to dealer. So will i get car immediately after giving draft same day or after 2-3 days of registration etc ?

You should inquire this with the dealer whether there are any other remaining formalities. Usually they are not authorized to dispatch the car without registration unless it is on a temp. registration number.

Drive Safe,
350Z

vaibhav 10th July 2012 10:18 PM

Ok 350 z sir
Actually i am little worried about leaving car after payment with dealer as i feel he may sabotage car as i had fight with him to get car

350Z 10th July 2012 10:23 PM

Has been the car registered already? You could ask him to provide a temporary registration and insist for an instant delivery (Everything About Temporary Registration).

Drive Safe,
350Z

vaibhav 10th July 2012 10:26 PM

Sir
no i will do PDI tommorow and then pay amount by draft on friday. I will tell him to give car on friday itself then ..[:)]

Sam Dinkar 11th July 2012 11:46 AM

@Vaibhav: Please do not panic unnecessarily. Do the PDI thoroughly and get the checklist signed from the dealer. Maruti dealers are too busy nowadays selling Swifts and Dzires to take out the time to do a major sabotage on any car. And in any case, if he opens up the engine/brakes/critical parts, there's very little that you can do to check for the same by a visual inspection. So just relax. Take someone knowledgeable with you when you do PDI and when you take final delivery of your car. If theser is anything amiss, ask the dealer to rectify it then and there. Don't listen to excuses like" Sir we will correct this when you come for the first service".

All the best and keep us updated.