Originally Posted by konkantrip
Hi digiboy007 and SankarNarayanan
Congrats its a really good venture and nice business with really nice margins
Some friends of mine in Pune are into this business and would like to share some experiences which I an aware of
* Audio-video, Speakers, SUbwoofers, Amplifiers
This is the electronic segment and price of these systems change on the daily basis as you are start up you will need to
settle on very less profit margins
Also there is a concept of grey market ( without bill ) and white market (with bill ) you will need to understand these markets
* Every user has a different requirement some are really crazy about systems and can spend thousands on these parts but most user requirements
are basic and should be pocket friendly so you should be able to provide them a solution that will fit in there budget ( this is very important and
help in mouth to mouth publicity and sure can get you alot of customers ).
* If possible try to get stock from dealers instead of wholesalers as you can get credit to pay them back, as your stock is sold.
* The man power required for this work should be really very skilled. Most customers that will come to you will be new car owners. As for
system fittings we need to touch the electrical of the car every body wants there beauty to be in safe hands.
* Be prepared to dirty your hands. In case of unavailability of labour you should be in a position to serve the customer.
Thanks for your valuable inputs. My shop will be specialist ICE shop - basically a one stop shop for all your ICE needs. Later on i will add premium alloys and performance modifications to the of services my shop will give.
I won't be dealing with grey market products as it's very risky and i don't want to jeopardize customer satisfaction for some extra bucks. All products will be sourced through right channel with bill and warranty for customers. Yes i have already talked to couple of All India Distributors. Once i finalize my shop location i will pay the distributors a visit to sign a contract. The brands that i have in mind are
High End Products - Sundown Audio, Audison, Masconi, Gladen, DD Audio, Rainbow Audio, Kicker and Rockford Fosgate
Medium End offering - Infinity, Polk Audio, DLS Audio and Focal Audio
Wiring - Will be standard high end wires from Connection, Shok Industries, Rockford Fosgate and Kicker amplifier wiring kits
Damping sheets- Dynamat sheets, Focal damping sheets and Dampmat
Head Units:- Select Models from Pioneer, Alphine and JVC
I won't be dealing in SONY, BLAUPUNKT, KENWOOD or CASKA products.