Need Solution for Reducing Glare from Dashboard

Thread Starter #1
Yes, I need a genuine leather sheet (20 ft by 20 ft) or more in dark chocolate brown, black color, matt finished.

Purpose --
1. Fit, rather paste on dashboard to avoid glare,reflection of my i10's dashboard
2. Use the remaining for leather seats.

Do let me know whether this is a good/bad idea and if its a good idea, from where can I procure the same.

Awaiting your suggestions.

Is the glare that bad? We don't find any problem even with Sunfilm. Anyway, if you find a good installer who can do the job well, proceed.

350Z

Core Team
In-case the reflection of dashboard is really extreme, Best is to reach to a professional installer for this purpose. Otherwise, as an alternative you could give a shot to the dashboard cover / poly carpet too. I have seen them in a few cars, especially Indicas. Here's an image for the reference purpose.

Dash%20Cover%20640.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes, I need a genuine leather sheet (20 ft by 20 ft) or more in dark chocolate brown, black color, matt finished.

Purpose --
1. Fit, rather paste on dashboard to avoid glare,reflection of my i10's dashboard
2. Use the remaining for leather seats.

Do let me know whether this is a good/bad idea and if its a good idea, from where can I procure the same.

Awaiting your suggestions.
Does your i10 have beige color dash or the usual grey one?
I had my worst experience with an Aveo,i must say that it was really difficult to drive during summer season.The only reason being the beige interiors,beige dash with a single plate of black color and the rear parcel tray was even worser as it was full beige and parking it in reverse direction was very difficult.
Regarding your idea,to cover up the dashboard,it has to be dismantled completely and then have leather stitched over it as the dashboard is not a huge single piece thing and it has many curves and A/C vents.
My suggestion would be to get it painted to i20's dashboard color,that is dark brown or if you prefer leather,then try to contact a leather wholesale dealer in your city or a good shop/technician for complete customization of upholstery.

i10 is infamous for that glare on the windshield.

cheaper option is to cover the top with a dark coloured cloth.

if at all you want to cover it with leather, go to a professional & the get the dash top done in leather, the fitting would look good. there are many interior customizers around.

Thread Starter #6
Thanks all. The dash is beige in color, the glare is bad when driving in sun. Another option as suggested was color the dash with matt finished dark color. However in any case, I don't want these guys to take out the dash and then do the things.

Do suggest something where I don't have to remove the dash panel entirely.

I don think you can do painting and leather stitching without removing the dash! Then the only option for you is to cover up the dash neatly with some dark colored cloth.

there are dash covers available for all cars with different shades, check out at your local accessory market and see if it solves your problem.If not, they opt for all leather stitch around which would require professionals to do that job perfectly, else would ruin the whole setup of dash.

350Z

Core Team
You must consider the dashboard cover as I previously advised. The installation does not require the dashboard to be removed.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Source-Facebook

I saw this modified i10 with customized leather interiors.
The total cost of the interior leather is said to be 1.5 L.
It is a KL registered car with kits and other modifications.

Attachments

Thanks all. The dash is beige in color, the glare is bad when driving in sun. Another option as suggested was color the dash with matt finished dark color. However in any case, I don't want these guys to take out the dash and then do the things.

Without removing dash , forget painting and leather covers.

Easy option is dash cover , which is available in grey colour.

btw , removing and fixing dashboard , what is it keeping you away.
its just 6 bolts holding them in position!

I think Amiti is worried whether after removing it , will they be able to place it in the correct exact position again.

That i10's interiors are almost similar to Ilango's Lancer except that its black instead of white!

Thread Starter #14
Dhaya, you are correct, I am worried about the fit n finish. However after seeing the i10 interiors above, I think this,

Spray paint only the upper part of dash with matt black color, dark grey or choco brown. Also the dash has airbag. Dont want to mess with it.

Am I correct here? Or still there would be any issues? Comments awaited

Dhaya, you are correct, I am worried about the fit n finish. However after seeing the i10 interiors above, I think this,

Spray paint only the upper part of dash with matt black color, dark grey or choco brown. Also the dash has airbag. Dont want to mess with it.

Am I correct here? Or still there would be any issues? Comments awaited

Its not usual spray paint techniqe. Bit differs

And it does not affect any airbag system.
Installer must carefully take off the steering pad while painting.

Top Bottom