Save Fuel by 5% to 40% (Possible Scam)

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I was listening to FM while coming to office and heard an interesting ad. Ad says, that we can save up to 40% fuel cost or decrease it by installing a device in our car. I sent an sms to the number aired and got a call from the sales person. He briefed me a little and asked to login to their site for further understanding.

While go thru the site I found this article or pointers which suggest that it can be done.

Please have a look and give your thoughts. I am planning to look at the demo soon but for that SP has to check and confirm.

---------------------------------:
Benefits of PowerO2
» PowerO2 Catalytic Converter atomizes almost 97.5% fuel in fine vapor form and burns the fuel completely resulting in Following benefits.
» No carbon deposits, extra power, fuel saving, checking emission (97.5% fuel is burnt in purer form without pollutants) as it atomizes fuel further to the maximum level attaining purity with higher octane value, segregating the unwanted metal particles, adulterated mixing with fuel and making the combustion easy and complete in internal Combustion Engines.
» Because of Complete Combustion the volumetric efficiency is increased & the consumption of fuel will be less and extra fuel which was getting wasted resulting fuel losses & creating pollution will be utilized for saving fuel in Internal Combustion Engines, like all types of vehicles, all cars, light commercial vehicles, heavy commercial vehicles, Generator sets , Power Tillers, Agriculture Pump Sets, etc. In short, it saves fuel to all types of Internal Combustion Engines and Emission in control because of complete combustion.
» PowerO2 Catalytic Converter develops your engine (by metal catalysts) with enriched homogenous mixture of oxygen for ideal Air-Fuel mixture (Petrol / Diesel / CNG/ LPG Engines) for complete combustion and the performance of the engine will be smooth than before fitment of Power02 Catalytic Converter.

» “POWER O2” is a revolutionary device, can be easily fitted by clamping on to the exhaust pipe manifold.
» “POWER O2” ensures the engines of all vehicles either old or new available in industry and Generator sets, consumes less fuel & stop wheezing due to extra load on the engine.
» “POWER O2” boosts power to the engine. For the 1st time in the world it is possible to drive on a higher gear at low speed ensuring higher fuel efficiency. For example, depending on the type & make of the vehicle, you can drive on top gear at 25 to 40 km. speed with AC on, in semi-congested city roads. Also, on ghat sections it will be possible to drive on 3rd to 5th gear resulting in a saving fuel from 05 % to 40%.
----------------------------------------------:
Is it some sort of tunning box or what !

I would give you link details if you want but before that I would like to know how it would work actually.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Re: Save fuel by 5% to 40%

Thanks for the details. I also listened to this ad in car today. But cannot say whether it’s really true. Please update us with more after having a demo. Meanwhile I'm subscribing to this thread.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks for starting this threas Shailender. Any information to cut down on my fuel expenses will be a great deal.

Please do help us with the detailed demo in this thread for the benefit of members and guests. Also, please let us know the cost of the equipment and the safety.

Subscribed -> i am a petrol head!!![evil]

Thread Starter #4

Just to add to my discussion with the sales person. Cost of the equipment or device is around 15K but they are running some promotional offer and would give 20% discount on device and labour free for installation. So effective price would be 12K.

Just now had a discussion and he offered to install the device and give one post dated cheque for any future date (max 10 days) and use the product. If satisfied continue with it or if not then will come and collect the device and return the cheque.

So, now how do you find the deal ? I think it is some kind of tunning box like Pete's or something which will enhance the performance and increase fuel efficiency at the same time. It is for petrol, diesel, LPG, CNG and what not type of fuel he says.

What are your thoughts ?

Well how much exactly it saves ? 5% 40% 30% ? Can they give it written ? I mean it can save 5% of fuel and this is as per their commitment which IMO is nothing.So what you can do is ask then about contact numbers of people who had installed it already so that you can check with them.

Thanks for sharing the details. I would be happy if this Fuel Saver really works. Even if it saves the fuel by 10%, it would be a boon to the Petrol Heads who are being harrased by the Indian Govt. every now and then.

I'd say this is a scam and nothing else. It happened before in the 90's. Then it was called 'KKK Fuel saver' if I remember and was to be fitted on the wire between the spark plug adapter and the ignition coil. We cut open one such gizmo back in the nineties(People thought we were mad to destruct one.It costed around 400 Rs then.). There were just two screws with their heads against each other in contact inside moulded plastic. If someone thinks that will increase fuel economy, Then I'm Sebastian Vettel![lol]

If it was possible then why hasn't any automotive company done this yet with all the experiences and technology at their disposal?

My advice, Get an FFE for 12k and try resisting the urge to rev the engine hard and go easy with the throttle. If you win, you'll get around 3-4% increase in fuel efficiency![;)]

I'd say this is a scam and nothing else. It happened before in the 90's. Then it was called 'KKK Fuel saver' if I remember and was to be fitted on the wire between the spark plug adapter and the ignition coil. We cut open one such gizmo back in the nineties(People thought we were mad to destruct one.It costed around 400 Rs then.). There were just two screws with their heads against each other in contact inside moulded plastic. If someone thinks that will increase fuel economy, Then I'm Sebastian Vettel![lol]

If it was possible then why hasn't any automotive company done this yet with all the experiences and technology at their disposal?

My advice, Get an FFE for 12k and try resisting the urge to rev the engine hard and go easy with the throttle. If you win, you'll get around 3-4% increase in fuel efficiency![;)]
+1 for that, I have read these issues on other sites.

MARUN
I am just reading all the comments here:
Power Tech
Am pretty sure that the comments are from those company guys only.

there was one ad in a malayalam daily which claimed that they had developed a method where in water is split into hydrogen and oxygen and fed into the engine which will reduce the fuel consumption . i tried to contact the number given but couldn't get through.

there was one ad in a malayalam daily which claimed that they had developed a method where in water is split into hydrogen and oxygen and fed into the engine which will reduce the fuel consumption . i tried to contact the number given but couldn't get through.
Hydrogen Car [lol]
It surely is a scam brother. don't fall for it.

That is hho.

actually lot of theories mentioning a hho increase fuel efficiency.

also there are some fabricators , basically it need a hho plant inside the car itself , just a jar kind of.

Member haribabu , who owns a sierra knows about it and planned to place one . no idea did he succeed.

The makers also showed some demo in their innova it seems.

no further ideas

[frustration]

Top Bottom