The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   The Automotive Answers (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-answers/)
-   -   Location of CNG Pumps in India (Availability of Outlets) (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-answers/5362-location-cng-pumps-india-availability-outlets.html)

carabiker 11th November 2011 12:22 AM

Location of CNG Pumps in India (Availability of Outlets)

CNG (Compressed natuaral gas) being one of the cleaner fuels is finding many more users in India. With national gas grid under implementation ,we would see many more towns in most of the states coming under CNG supply for Automotive usages (besides PNG for cooking & industrial uses). There was shortage of updated and precise information on availability of CNG Pumps /Outlets in India on net which led me to study and compile the data. This information to be presented on this thread would help owners driving CNG Vehicles or prospective CNG Car buyers.

There are 380 odd CNG pumps in India currently and it is going to be huge growth in new CNG pumps henceforth.I am updating maps with location of pumps within India and will share in this thread regularly.I would request fellow TAI-ians to point out any errors at locations known to them. Collaborative efforts are also welcome (PM me)

May this thread be spared for identifying the geographical location and availability of CNG / pressure only and not for discussing virtues /drawback of CNG vis-a-vis other fuel options.

350Z 11th November 2011 12:23 PM

Re: Location of CNG pumps in India (availability of outlets)

Great initiative. This thread can transform into a useful database. Looking forward to the updates.

Drive Safe,
350Z

carabiker 11th November 2011 12:51 PM

Re: Location of CNG pumps in India (availability of outlets)

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the snapshot of India Map with CNG Fuel pumps /outlets. This includes both standalone CNG stations of Gas companies or Petrol/diesel pumps having one odd CNG pump.

This will give a rough idea for long distance traveller who wishes to drive /buy a CNG Car.
(any corrections related query may be PM-ed to me)

Surfer 11th November 2011 01:08 PM

Re: Location of CNG Pumps in India (Availability of Outlets)

Here is the list of CNG stations in pune
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...chinchwad.html

carabiker 11th November 2011 01:15 PM

Thanks Sujit,
I have the list of nearly all the CNG pumps , but would require collaboration from people at the specific town to help me pinpoint the exact location on map. May be you could contribute info for Pune.Will contact you.

TSIVipul 11th November 2011 02:58 PM

@Carabiker:
A great initiative it is,now if one is running a CNG car then he/she can have a look at this list and then plan their filling stops and route accordingly..

Well,recently GAIL has opened one(and two to be opened) here in Meerut:
One is on Delhi Road.
Another to be opened on Roorkee road in near future.

Rudolf_Diesel 11th November 2011 03:04 PM

I have a Question. Is there no CNG availability in BAngalore or Chennai thats TN or KArnataka. Alsop I have doubt whats different between CNG and LPG fuel operation in petrol engine. is there different kits or same kits??

carabiker 12th November 2011 11:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the state-wise list of CNG outlets in India as of Nov 2011.

Those states where it is stated - "Yet to be available (planned) " it is to be understood that the authorities /Companies are setting up necessary infrastructure right now. This infrastructure includes Pipelines or Outlets or both. In some places several reasons are preventing dispensing of CNG (including Difficult terrain , low density of population/vehicles ,cost of transportation, or viability of pipeline etc.)

(errors /suggestions may be sent to me as Personal Messages)

carabiker 13th November 2011 10:31 AM

vijay,
i hope this clarifies your query about availability at bangalore/ chennai. You can expect CNG there by 2012 or latest by 2013.

Rudolf_Diesel 14th November 2011 09:43 AM

Thanks very much Ajay for your information. Is there any difference in the kits used for LPG or CNG fuel. Can the LPG be used in CNG kit and vice versa?

Surfer 14th November 2011 05:34 PM

8 Attachment(s)
CNG filling stations in Pune with Location Map

Mumbai-Banglore Highway NH4 , Pune-Solapur Road NH9

Bhosari, Chikhali, Chinchwad, Fursungi, Hadapsar, Hinjewadi, Kondhwa, Tathwade, Warje Malwadi

CNG station Mumbai-Banglore Highway: NH4 - Hinjewadi, Tathwade, Warje Malwadi

CNG station Pune-Solapur Road: NH9 - Fursungi, Hadapsar

Surfer 4th December 2011 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
CNG filling station in Panvel
PS: It is on old Mumbai - pune Highway (NH 4)
Leave New Mumbai-Pune Expressway - Refill - come back to Expressway
CNG pressure is normal

carabiker 13th February 2012 01:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the list of CNG stations in Andhra Pradesh as on Feb 2012 operated by Bhagyanagar Gas Ltd (CNG, Auto LPG, Compressed Natural Gas, Eco Friendly Fuel, Green Fuel for Pollution Free Environment)

ganfun 16th April 2012 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New CNG Station on Palm Beach Road, Belapur near Croma on the way to Pune.
Attachment 47522
Just before you take the Left to take the rly way bridge.
Also has a NGV Nozzle for all my Maruti Friends.

Surfer 17th April 2012 02:29 PM

ganfun thanks for sharing - can please tell more how to reach that pump while coming to pune.

ganfun 20th April 2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfer (Post 152910)
ganfun thanks for sharing - can please tell more how to reach that pump while coming to pune.

Hi Surfer,

Get Down the super Express Highway keep driving towards Vashi/ Mumbai. Then on your left you will see a Big Hoarding CIDCO/ Education Dept etc or Kokan Bhavan, dont take that flyover the flyover is on the left and on the right you go below the flyover just go below the flyover and take left from the round about (circle) keep driving straight you get a signal, keep straight, then the road turns left automatically and you get a flyover take the flyover, get down the flyover take a right and just drive 2 or 1 minute on ur left is the pump.

(note this road is called Plam Beach Road, which takes you to Mumbai, Thane, Airoli, Mulund Etc its a highspeed highway and shortcut to Mumbai)

Mahanagar Gas | CNG Filling Stations
(Complete List of Updated Cng station ) There is one in kharghar but then its inside this is on the highway.

There is one near the London Pilsner but i would really not know, i shall update the same by next week when i check the place.

ganfun 3rd July 2012 09:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
NEW CNG Station opening at Biwandi Kalyan Road
Attachment 55478

If you are coming from Nasik at the Kalyan Pata take a Left drive for 1.8 to 1.5 Km just before balaji Cars and afte Chowksi Dhani Daba is a new one opening.

If you are driving from mumbai towards nasik take a right from the signal and drive.

This is just before the toll naka and outside octrai limit so the price would be better but expect a GOOD rush when it opens. It might have opened by now, anyone from kalyan side pls update.

ganfun 6th July 2012 08:32 PM

I just checked the cng station at biwandi kalyan road has not yet opened.

smooth rider 6th July 2012 09:02 PM

we have a cng pump at pilathara, kannur district, kerala on the NH17. 35 kms away from kannur town

vvikas24 20th July 2012 07:54 PM

Hey smooth rifer are you sure there is one at Kannur, its a great news for my friend in that case. he is from kannur dist.

Thank you

ganfun 20th July 2012 08:08 PM

Thanks Smooth Rider for the info the issue is we drive from Mumbai, the last CNG station if we take Nh 17 is Panvel after which there is no CNG .. so you are safe to drive till 130 to 150 km in CNG and i f you take the NH4 then pune is the last place.

I hope that my MH govt makes a provision in Pen, Ratnagiri, Sawantwadi and also the goa govt makes it at Panjim etc so that the drive is greener and cleaner.

Welcome Vvikas24

ganfun 20th July 2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvikas24 (Post 184002)
Hey smooth rifer are you sure there is one at Kannur, its a great news for my friend in that case. he is from kannur dist.

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by smooth rider (Post 179178)
we have a cng pump at pilathara, kannur district, kerala on the NH17. 35 kms away from kannur town

Thanks for the info anyways keep adding so that one day we connect india with cng

rathsharat 25th July 2012 04:14 PM

Re: CNG filling Pumps / Stations in Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad

Urgent!! Anybody know exact location for CNG pumps in West Bengal and Orissa.

ganfun 25th July 2012 09:49 PM

Re: CNG filling Pumps / Stations in Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad

Quote:

Originally Posted by rathsharat (Post 185608)

Well i know CNG is available in Kolkatta, not so sure of odissa

Here is something which might help you, nos of cng fitter for kolkatta you can call them and ask they would be the best people who could actually help you.

1/2 A,Beni Nandan street, Bhawanipur,
Kolkata

Building No. 9
Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Park Street, Kolkata
033 40156666

This is the best i can help you with. [roll]

ANYONE FROM BENGAL PLS HELP

carabiker 26th July 2012 05:49 PM

@rathsharat,
CNG is available in WB at Durgapur , Asansol and Ranigunj supplied by Great Eastern Energy Co and dispensed at atleast 5 IOC and some BPCL outlets. Since you are at Durgapur and you own a Wagon R CNG model , i believe you could help us all with exact info on location of outlets. Kolkata CNG infrastructure is available but CNG availability needs to be confirmed.
You may refer statewise staus on earlier posts on this thread.

ganfun 27th July 2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carabiker (Post 185989)
@rathsharat,
CNG is available in WB at Durgapur , Asansol and Ranigunj supplied by Great Eastern Energy Co and dispensed at atleast 5 IOC and some BPCL outlets. Since you are at Durgapur and you own a Wagon R CNG model , i believe you could help us all with exact info on location of outlets. Kolkata CNG infrastructure is available but CNG availability needs to be confirmed.
You may refer statewise staus on earlier posts on this thread.

Thanks @carabiker for the updates [angel]

Quote:

Originally Posted by rathsharat (Post 185608)

@rathsharat i would suggest that you keep us posted like carabiker mentioned so that we can then create a comprehensive network list and other travelling are also well aware of the availability of the same. [clap]

$peed 30th July 2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ganfun (Post 179162)
I just checked the cng station at biwandi kalyan road has not yet opened.

Hi,
Yesterday i spoke with one of the supervisor of mahanager gas -mother station,

he said, cng station nr kalyan has been operation from last few days,

he also quoted, that "they are working on new cng station at shirwal (satara) on pune-bangalore highway, it will be operational by next year.
[:)]

ganfun 30th July 2012 03:09 PM

Hi $peed.

Thanks for the info

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post178148

Its the same info which i have posted, its on the outskirts of Kalyan, before the entry point close to the highyway near Balaji Cars [Tata Showroom] Largest in Maharashtra i guess[showroom].

The CNG station is very much crowded because its teh only one in that area, also its a truck driven plant no idea whats it called, means its not connected to the pipeline either.....

pls if you can extract more information if there are any cng station nside kalyan city / dombivili etc would be of help.

Also the information mentioned by you about satara is false, Mahanagar gas only can supply gas upto kalyan, and they dont have their network outide this.

The agency there would be either gail or Maharashtra Gas Ltd.

Thanks a ton for your info we shall find out and if you get any information pls pls share with us so that we can help many others.

$peed 2nd August 2012 08:25 PM

Hi.,

i want to visit ahmedabad next month, please share list of cng station on mumbai -ahmedabad route,

Thanks In advance!

Regards,
$peed [:)]

ganfun 2nd August 2012 08:45 PM

When driving from Mumbai, the last CNG station for you is daishar, next is at mira road but not on the highway you have to go towards the mira road just 1 or 900mtrs away from teh highway is the cng station.

next CNG is at VAPI off the highway under the flyover of NH.

Happy driving do let us know ur travel exp, you will then get CNG everywhere in gujart.

ALSO pls let us know which vechile i.e retro fitted or company fitted etc.

aracng 6th August 2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carabiker (Post 112933)
vijay,
i hope this clarifies your query about availability at bangalore/ chennai. You can expect CNG there by 2012 or latest by 2013.

i wanna to set up a cng pump between meerut muzaffarnagar by pass road .
can u send me any type of imformation which will be helpfull for me?

Rightnow 6th August 2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aracng (Post 189816)
i wanna to set up a cng pump between meerut muzaffarnagar by pass road .
can u send me any type of imformation which will be helpfull for me?

Check this site: GAIL Gas Ltd

Go to the Meerut section and call them on the given contact no.
If possible, you can visit the office too.

rathsharat 6th August 2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ganfun (Post 186268)
Thanks @carabiker for the updates [angel]

@rathsharat i would suggest that you keep us posted like carabiker mentioned so that we can then create a comprehensive network list and other travelling are also well aware of the availability of the same. [clap]

In Durgapur, CNG is available in DSP Main Gate #1 Petrol Pump and also near Suhatta / City center Spencer Mall petrol pump in City Center

rathsharat 6th August 2012 07:22 PM

In Durgapur, CNG is available in DSP Main Gate #1 Petrol Pump and also near Suhatta / City center Spencer Mall petrol pump in City Center.

ganfun 7th August 2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rathsharat (Post 189985)
In Durgapur, CNG is available in DSP Main Gate #1 Petrol Pump and also near Suhatta / City center Spencer Mall petrol pump in City Center.

Thanks for the info, a map with details would be bonus here. If you can help us.[clap]

Aashish 10th August 2012 08:04 PM

Is someone aware of any CNG filling station in Ambala(Haryana) or Chandigarh-Panchkula.. Please help with details

carabiker 10th August 2012 11:19 PM

None at Ambala or chandigarh yet. Nearest is at sonipat and delhi as of now. However there are plans to start dispensing CNG in Punjab and chandigarh in next few years.

Bonkim 7th September 2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolf_Diesel (Post 112628)
I have a Question. Is there no CNG availability in BAngalore or Chennai thats TN or KArnataka. Alsop I have doubt whats different between CNG and LPG fuel operation in petrol engine. is there different kits or same kits??

CNG is mostly methane and higher pressure than LPG which mostly Butane which liquifies at low pressures derived from petroleum refineries. Check with your domestic gas supplier what you are getting.

$peed 30th September 2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ganfun (Post 187286)
Hi $peed.

Thanks for the info

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post178148

Its the same info which i have posted, its on the outskirts of Kalyan, before the entry point close to the highyway near Balaji Cars [Tata Showroom] Largest in Maharashtra i guess[showroom].

The CNG station is very much crowded because its teh only one in that area, also its a truck driven plant no idea whats it called, means its not connected to the pipeline either.....

pls if you can extract more information if there are any cng station nside kalyan city / dombivili etc would be of help.

Also the information mentioned by you about satara is false, Mahanagar gas only can supply gas upto kalyan, and they dont have their network outide this.

The agency there would be either gail or Maharashtra Gas Ltd.

Thanks a ton for your info we shall find out and if you get any information pls pls share with us so that we can help many others.

[clap] yes, the Agency is MNGL (Maharashtra Natural Gas ltd). there is plan of Setting up Mother station at shirwal. but currently work has been stopped due to local villagers opposition,

Thanks,
$peed

traveller_gunjan 16th October 2012 05:34 PM

can anybody confirm about chandigarh.

links on the internet poit at the following places in chandigarh for cng.

Hi,
Yes and mentioned below is the address:
CHANDIGARH
ALLIED SERVICE ATATION,
SECTOR 34-B, CHANDIGARH
TEL : 0172 - 2616728.

NATIONAL PETRO (BPCL PUMP)
SECTOR 17,CHANDIGARDH.

BPCL - COCO PUMP
MAIN ROAD,SECTOR 22 C
CHANDIGARH

in urgent need for confirmation please confirm.