Honest Puncture Repair Wala in Pune?

Thread Starter #1
Looking for an honest puncture repair wala in pune, warje/kothrud area. Some of them nearer to my shop are goons, they take the tyre inside put 2-3 puncture on their own by bouncing the tyre over already placed nails and then they show you "saab 5 puncture hai" while actually it may be only 1.

I had that guy almost and also reported this to the nukkad ka pandu standing on a signal "ticketing" people but worthless. They easily outnumber you when it comes to apprehension.

So instead i ask you guys if you know any good puncture repair shop who repair the genuine puncture and not one made by him.

Re: Honest puncture repair wala, pune

check -
Darshan Tyres Shop No 1, Casablanca, Karve Road, Kothrud, Opp Karishma Society

Thread Starter #4
Re: Honest puncture repair wala, pune

@gears I too think that way and always end up "not buying the kit" i will go and get a kit myself from darshan tyres. Let's see what end's up now.

@gears I too think that way and always end up "not buying the kit" i will go and get a kit myself from darshan tyres. Let's see what end's up now.
Thanks all of you i think it is wise to buy a kit and DIY.
Well I had got three punctures in one of my DZire's tyre. Though there was only one nail. The tyrewalla charged me Rs300 for that. Rs100 per punture. I felt very bad for paying him because I could have done that easily if I had the tools(I prefer DIY most of the time.) But it was okey as it was his bread and butter. He also has opened the shop for profits and earning.
So after a month or so; another tyre started acting crazy. I went and bought the kit including 5 punture strips with it. I had repaired four puntures with that kit. All were a DIY. :biggrin: And believe me it needs a lot for strength in inserting those sticky strips.

Agreed. DIY is anytime better... But how about the AIR?

All were a DIY. :biggrin: And believe me it needs a lot for strength in inserting those sticky strips.
Actually, those tyre repair guys inflate the tyre with high pressure, which makes it easier to fix the punture. You would even get to know for any leaks after fixing the puncture. Thats where my primary question is...[confused]

@gears1313, it will be good if your share your experience with photos of your DIY job
For that you guys have to wait for car's tyre to get punture again.

Agreed. DIY is anytime better... But how about the AIR?

Actually, those tyre repair guys inflate the tyre with high pressure, which makes it easier to fix the punture. You would even get to know for any leaks after fixing the puncture. Thats where my primary question is...[confused]
Well in my case I didnt have the pump to fill the air. So got the tyre filled (with extra pressure eg 40psi) at any of the pumps and then compleated the job.

Well let me explain:
First of all keep a bucket of water ready with you.
A soap water solution in a sprayer bottle will be much better.

After inflating your tyre; remove the tyre from the car.
Now start searching the culprit with naked eye. Rather pour water/ spray soap water on the Tyre for better satisfaction.

Once you find the puncture; prepare the tools. That needle like tools and those strips you get.

Then remove the nail.

After removing the nail; block the outlet with your finger. (remember we don't have a pump to fill the air.)

Insert the tool A first; to make the hole big enough to insert the tool B.

After removing the Tool A; insert the Tool B with the rubber strip. Now this needs a lot of strength.

And yup; that's it. Check your work by pouring/spraying more water.

Also check out if there are any more punctures in the Tyre.

Fit back the Tyre. Drive to the pump and get the air filled.

Hurray; you did it.[clap]

Last edited:
1) The puncture shops do mischief of manually making more than one punctures by pin and then ask the client to get the tube changed.

2) The puncture repair shops try to sell unbranded tube that has no MRP written and no full address of the manufacturer written on the pack.

I had caught one such puncture repair shop by handing him my car tyre and tube in good condition to check for any puncture. He made five punctures in the good tube and was forcing me to change the tube as the cost for repairing five punctures will be as much as new tube, and the five punctures will not be repaired according to him.

This is a big racket going on in Thane and all over Maharashtra, and we need to control this cheating acts by puncture shops. Most of these puncture repair people are from Bihar and they are trying the Bihari attitude of cheating in Maharashtra too. This should be immediately stopped.

If you wish to complain abour these shops, you should write to The Department of Legal Metrology for selling tubes without bill. The tube packs also do not mention manufacturers full address, contact details, and MRP.

Controller of Legal Metrology
Maharashtra State Mumbai
Free Press Journal Marg
Nariman Point
Mumbai-400021.

website: http://legalmetrology.maharashtra.gov.in/?q=Telephone_Directory

Top Bottom