Windshield Wash Wipe Maintenance

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends.I have started this thread for me and other people who have have queries regarding the system of windscreen washing.

Please suggest some points about how to to keep the washer nozzle (black nozzles on the bonnet) clean and how what should be the ratio of water n soap in the washing liquid.Also how to make sure that wipers don't make stains of dirt on the screen even after using washing fluid.

Don't put detergent in the wash n wipe reservoir. Eventually it will clog your water lines which drives from the reservoir to the sprayer nozzle (detergent particulate matter will jam these lines). I am a victim of it.To clean the nozzle i steal my wife's safety pins [thumbsup] they work the best, just put pins in the sprayer nozzle and clear out the dirt.

Wait for more replies may be someone will have better ideas.

Dont ever put soap solution or detergents in the reservoir. The spilled spray would leave ugly marks on the platics and will damage the paint in long run. You can use normal water or diluted Collin for effective cleaning of the windshield.

Wait for more replies may be someone will have better ideas.
For clearing the nozzles, nothing serves better than stolen safety pins[thumbsup].

well i have heard and also read at many places to use some amount of soap. maybe small amount of it mixed with water wont do harm??

For clearing the nozzles, nothing serves better than stolen safety pins.
stolen?? why

well i have heard and also read at many places to use some amount of soap. maybe small amount of it mixed with water wont do harm??
The soapy solution wont harm the windshield, but the plastics nearby. Also the spill on bonnet or other surfaces may damage the paint.

Because i never have safety pins with me[:D]?

It also clogs the water line, trust me, doesn't matter the amount of soap you used, I used to mix shampoo and water with a minuscule amount of shampoo ofcourse. I had to change the water lines in my old esteem, Mechanic said "kya daltey they sir ismey"[confused] me- "Kuch bhi to nahi!" [angel]

EDIT: Be present at the time when guys refill the blue solution which , they often use rin mixed water. It has to be the genuine windshield washer fluid.

Last edited:
Sonax has a windshield cleaning liquid. I think one filling costs @ Rs 70 and its very effective. Though Sonax products are touch expensive, they provide best in class result.

You can safely use Diluted Colin solution, otherwise you have good number of options available in market. You can get a Waxpol windshield cleaner/3M cleaner/Sonax concentrate. But even these liquids must be diluted before putting into the reservoir.

Thread Starter #10
Friends a problem has occurred.When i was using safety pin to clean the holes their direction got changed.now i don't know their correct directions so that cleaning is done evenly on the windshield.There are 3 holes on each side total 6 all need resetting.

Thread Starter #11
Also the the wipers are now unable to clean the screen properly.They sow marks of wiper blades and the spots where the water is first comes in contact with the windshield.

Lift the wiper blades, keep pulling the wash n wipe stick and adjust the nozzle direction untill all the sprays fall on your windshield.

Also the the wipers are now unable to clean the screen properly.They sow marks of wiper blades and the spots where the water is first comes in contact with the windshield.
Can you post a close up pic of the blade? If the blades have worn out, then they must be changed as soon as possible to avoid scratches on the windshield.

Thread Starter #15
the problem is reduced with water+shampoo but not finished.Here is ms paint image i have made.The small 4 parallel lines on the bottom left are the scratches i was talking about.I hope this explains everything.

Attachments

Top Bottom