Absence Of Seat Height Adjust in Lower Variants Of Cars

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
Thought this might be an interesting topic, as most of us are between 5'6" and 5'11" in height and Indians, I'm thinking how IMPORTANT is the driver seat height adjust for us? I mean I'm 5'8" and I'm so irritated at driving the top end variants of cars where this feature is mandatory. So if a person like me who only wants a set of features which are necessary then what does one do? I've asked dealers to get me the variants without seat height whilst so that I can actually understand if I need it in the car or not! I don't know but none of these guys have been helpful enough. I'm wondering is it asking for too much from these dealers?

Isn't Height Adjust a great feature to have in a car.
Even at your height, you have the comfort of setting it according to your field of vision,which is more convenient then a regular seat.
Also you can tell your service centre to change your complete seat set-up to a regular seat, i dont think dealers should have any issue with this.
btw which car do you have?

Hi,
Thought this might be an interesting topic, as most of us are between 5'6" and 5'11" in height and Indians, I'm thinking how IMPORTANT is the driver seat height adjust for us? I mean I'm 5'8" and I'm so irritated at driving the top end variants of cars where this feature is mandatory. So if a person like me who only wants a set of features which are necessary then what does one do? I've asked dealers to get me the variants without seat height whilst so that I can actually understand if I need it in the car or not! I don't know but none of these guys have been helpful enough. I'm wondering is it asking for too much from these dealers?
Have you considered that you alone might not be driving your car every time? May be your friend or family member may drive it. In case you are injured, some one else may drive it. On long journey, driving can be distributed between you and others - in all these and similar situation, adjustable seats is a handy feature to have.

Thread Starter #4
Hey I drive a Celerio ZDI and we have a Honda Brio. Mine doesn't have seat height adjust. But the Brio does. I miss it so much in my car.
My point is exactly this. It's a great feature. And car companies know this bso they only offer this in middle (Maruti new swift Vdi,) variant or top or near top end variant (Hyundai i20 in sportz). Or freestyle (titanium onwards).
So what happens is although all things I need get done in below these variants (not in Swift case, it's the perfect variant for me) but in Hyundai and Ford, I have to go for the top end or near abouts variant to get this feature. This just increases my initial ownership cost although I don't want to spend that much.
So I started this thread basically to ask why can the car companies make this feature from the lowest end?
Secondly, what I was saying was that every time we test drive, it's always the top end of the cars. And they invariably have seat height adjust.
Now if I don't want the top end, for example in Hyundai case, I like the crdi. But I test drove the asta. I don't want to spend 10 lacs. I want to spend 8.5 lacs. And their magna version works fine for me. But just for the seat height adjust I have to think about the sportz variant, which is 60 thousand dearer. Now if I'm spending 60k for the sportz then the question comes put 50 more and get the top end. So because of one feature missing in lower variants, I will have to buy the top end.
So my comment was that if these dealers could at least put cars of all variants at their showrooms,then it helps in clearly understanding the way things look and feel.
Trust me, I'm waiting for the Hyundai SA to call me and I'll have to go and see if the magna version of i20 is okay without seat height adjust!
Hope I've been able to explain myself.
Thanks guys!

All new features become the selling USP for the top end cars, like Power Steering in early days was available only with premium or top end cars,Power Windows,and the latest ABS, which is available in all variants nowadays due to strict Government Rules.
Soon, even this feature will become a regular in all.

Thread Starter #6
I hope so, so that budget conscious people like me can get a car they love and will keep for a long time and cherish it.

Top Bottom