Tyre Warranty Issues with Apollo

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
My hyundai xcent which is about 1.3 years old got air leaked out of it's apollo AMAZER 3G MAXX tubeless tyre so much that it absolutely lost all air and the tyre was completely flat. As I was on a highway so I thought of getting it repaired , took it to a road side puncture guy who found that there was a small crack. There were no nails nor any mark anywhere. He fixed that and afterwards when I took it to the tyre dealer to claim warranty my claim was denied, even though the crack was on the sidewall. This is absolutely non-sense as the car has only run around 5500 km. [frustration]

Apollo dealer and company seems to be cheating as they are not owing their tyre fault , how on earth can a tyre loose air which has driven so less and not honor their fault ? Is there anything that I can do ?Is there any escalation mechanism ?

Thread Starter #2
Here is the rejection report that was shared to me. Even I don't agree with their conclusion that it's a sidewall tyre damage.

Attachments

Apollo is really a pathetic company, producing cheap car tyre which normal used in cars below 10 lakhs. Same kind of problem was ther in my friends i20 which has clocked 7000 kms. The company denied the claim and said that this is not manufacturing defect and that crack on side wall was raised due high impact.

TO my knowledge crack can only develop when the rubber is aged and has gone through lot of temperature changes [summer/winter/rainy season]. Else the rubber compound is really bad that it did not survived.

If you did not get the replacement, better switch to Michelin XM2 with old tyres buyback. You can get a better buyback as the size is very generic.

Michelin is a good tyre brand ,it is the world's best ,but for indian conditions i reccommend Bridgestone ,as Michelin Tyres have a fixed Inner and outer area ,so if at all an uneven tyre wear occurs ,you can't put the tyre the other way .
Bridgestone290(Has a decent thread and comfort -Not soft ,not too hard)

Top Bottom