The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   The Automotive Answers (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-answers/)
-   -   How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car? (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-answers/322-how-prevent-rats-entering-inside-car.html)

dealfinder 6th December 2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnyBoy (Post 347001)
How about putting stickers like this. Cheap and easy.
Cannot get rid of all rats, but at least law abiding literate rats will keep away from your cars.

Attachment 117363

(sorry for the OT. Monday and still in office. Hope you understand.)


My 1st post and sure enough was for some of the funny comments and johnyboy [clap] with his monday sense of humour really cracked me up. [lol]

Im on the verge of buying a honda brio and this forum has helped me immensely in choosing the right car and also preparing for all the challenges I may face. Keep up the good work. [cheers]

http://www.maserindia.com/img/Auto-Model.jpg


MASER ELECTRONICS (P) LTD., auto model, vhfo model, standard model, tailor made model, torrant, streame, miste, transducers, rat repeller, rat repeller manufacturers, rat repeller suppliers, rat repeller traders, rat repeller stockists, rat repeller
These kind of products have been used in home and industrial settings quite successfully. Now the above model is specifically built for the automotive segment.

Maser Ultrasonic Rodent Repeller – Auto Model has to be installed under the bonnet of the vehicle away from the engine. Necessary cable is provided to connect it to the vehicle’s ignition system. Alternatively the wires provided can be connected to a switch specifically for this unit on the dashboard of the car.

If the unit is interfaced with the ignition, it will automatically be “ON” when the ignition is switched “OFF” and the unit will be “OFF” when ignition is switched “ON”.

sethumurugan 6th December 2013 11:01 AM

Re: How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?
 
@johny boy, since it is an Indian rat I doubt whether this sticker may not be useful for the following reasons;
  • First of all, We do not know whether the rat knows English or not. To over come this problem we might need these kind of stickers in regional language. Then the question comes of literacy (OMG, so many things comes into my mind)
  • As usual, rat might jump off the sign board as general Indians do (park under no parking board, enter into one way without bothering it)

Jokes apart, it should have been pain if rats go inside and cut the wires. I have heard about it a lot.

And also I have heard that if we tie some Tobacco inside the engine bay somewhere we can get rid of rats. This will not affect the passengers inside also since it is not very strong like kerosene or HIT.

IndicaDLS2002 6th December 2013 11:09 AM

Re: How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dealfinder (Post 350519)
Maser Ultrasonic Rodent Repeller – Auto Model has to be installed under the bonnet of the vehicle away from the engine. Necessary cable is provided to connect it to the vehicle’s ignition system. Alternatively the wires provided can be connected to a switch specifically for this unit on the dashboard of the car.

If the unit is interfaced with the ignition, it will automatically be “ON” when the ignition is switched “OFF” and the unit will be “OFF” when ignition is switched “ON”.

Will it not drain off the car battery if left parked for a few days?

dealfinder 6th December 2013 03:08 PM

Re: How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by IndicaDLS2002 (Post 350599)
Will it not drain off the car battery if left parked for a few days?

The below info is listed on the manufacturers website for the specs.:

Specifications:
Power Supply 12 Volts DC
Operating Frequency Above 20 KHz
Sound Output 80 to 110 dB
Power Consumption < 60 mW
Weight 300 gms.

I spoke to Mr. Deepak Desai, 9769689757 from Maser and gathered the following information:

1) Less than 60 mw power usage for 24 hours. You may safely use this for 3-4 days without switching on the ignition but beyond this you need to start the car and accelerate it for a few mins to keep the juice flowing.

2) Price for the device is Rs. 4348 inclusive of all taxes. Rs. 100 extra for courier charges.

3) For any further queries you may send a mail to support@maserindia.com

I have attached a brochure for more details. Hope this helps.

IndicaDLS2002 7th December 2013 11:43 AM

Re: How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dealfinder (Post 350690)

1) Less than 60 mw power usage for 24 hours. You may safely use this for 3-4 days without switching on the ignition but beyond this you need to start the car and accelerate it for a few mins to keep the juice flowing.

In my opinion the better way is to have a 2nd battery (maybe a smaller two wheeler battery) & have this equipment hooked separately to that one so there is risk of draining out your main car battery! little expensive but good info though!

dealfinder 7th December 2013 12:33 PM

Re: How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IndicaDLS2002 (Post 350909)
In my opinion the better way is to have a 2nd battery (maybe a smaller two wheeler battery) & have this equipment hooked separately to that one so there is risk of draining out your main car battery! little expensive but good info though!

yes thats a very good idea. Can this spare battery also be used to juice up a laptop, smartphone and to light up a outdoor picnic spot?

I also found a cheaper version of similar device on ebay.

Click here

draneeshpm 7th December 2013 01:34 PM

Re: How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?
 
Ultrasonic rodent repellent is a scam,please don't buy it.Lot of websites have debunked it.

PS:Buying a cat maybe a better idea,but nowadays cats are too lazy to kill rats!
Regards,
Aneesh.

IndicaDLS2002 7th December 2013 10:35 PM

Re: How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by draneeshpm (Post 350937)
Ultrasonic rodent repellent is a scam,please don't buy it.Lot of websites have debunked it.

In that case I guess we are back to repelling the rodents & other pests/organisms with toxic stuff like kerosene spray/smell if not inside the car engine bay then at least the floor below it & around the tyres & in the parking area/garage in general it can be applied if its concreted! but yes if there is other stuff stored nearby there is always an additional risk of fire etc so one has to be really careful.

The rat menace can be really a serious one which can cause a lot of headache to the owner & only a person who is affected knows the pain dealing with it!

Speaking of which I recently got to know of an SUV owner where the rat apparently somehow entered the AC duct (not sure if its possible & true) & the rat got trapped & died there & made the car unusable for weeks due to the smell I guess! Removing the dead rat out can also be very complicated & costly I am told!

sethumurugan 8th December 2013 07:52 AM

Re: How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IndicaDLS2002 (Post 351055)
In that case I guess we are back to repelling the rodents & other pests/organisms with toxic stuff like kerosene spray/smell if not inside the car engine bay then at least the floor below it & around the tyres & in the parking area/garage in general it can be applied if its concreted! but yes if there is other stuff stored nearby there is always an additional risk of fire etc so one has to be really careful.

Some one can give a try for Tobacco option also
Quote:

Originally Posted by IndicaDLS2002 (Post 351055)
Speaking of which I recently got to know of an SUV owner where the rat apparently somehow entered the AC duct (not sure if its possible & true) & the rat got trapped & died there & made the car unusable for weeks due to the smell I guess! Removing the dead rat out can also be very complicated & costly I am told!

Once I was in Chevy serivice center and they bought a fantastic black Cruiz. When asked they said the same problem. Some how rat got into AC area and died there. I do not know how they removed it etc

linkin 8th December 2013 09:53 AM

Re: How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?
 
I am also having the rat problem used tobacco, glue based rat trap, lizol and hit. But, nothing made the rat stop. Now I am getting used to it.

JOHNLORD 8th December 2013 10:47 AM

Re: How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by linkin (Post 351129)
I am also having the rat problem used tobacco, glue based rat trap, lizol and hit. But, nothing made the rat stop. Now I am getting used to it.

If at first you don't succeed.............. give up.[;)]

sethumurugan 8th December 2013 10:48 AM

Re: How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by linkin (Post 351129)
I am also having the rat problem used tobacco, glue based rat trap, lizol and hit. But, nothing made the rat stop. Now I am getting used to it.

Sorry linkin that even tobacco also did n't work. i never had this problem till date (thank god) so I advice based on the discussion I had with others. I got this info from one of our pool car driver who said it is really effective (hope either the tobacco's quality has gone down or the rat are used to tobacco)

manish09 8th December 2013 12:02 PM

Re: How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?
 
I have using this product from EBAY 2pcs RAT REPELLENT, Organic, Non-Poisonous, Drive Away Rats Without Killing Them | eBay to avoid rat menace from last 1 month. The rats have not returned but i am confused because in my area some maintenance work is going on so don't know whether that has chased away the rats or my product[lol].

linkin 8th December 2013 07:24 PM

Re: How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?
 
@sethusir I used the tobacco, which the old granny and all uses it[;)]. Today, I am going to try with the cigarates.

sethumurugan 8th December 2013 11:18 PM

Re: How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by linkin (Post 351219)
@sethusir I used the tobacco, which the old granny and all uses it[;)]. Today, I am going to try with the cigarates.

Ha Ha. I could n't laugh at that linkin. Careful. Both ways of the following it might be failure for you
  • What will you do if the RAT is non-smoker?
  • If it is SMOKER Rat like me, it might loot the cigerate and go for a smoking.

Anyway, best of luck[;)]


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
©2008 - 2017, The Automotive India. All Rights Reserved.