The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   The Automotive Answers (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-answers/)
-   -   How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car? (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-answers/322-how-prevent-rats-entering-inside-car.html)

shaan1991 10th November 2016 02:16 PM

Re: How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?

I had rat problem in my alto k10. I didn't found out untill I saw rat poop and all that crap that ******* created of mouth freshners , newspaper and a mighty 500 rs note . It seems that thing treated my car as his home for almost a FREAKING MONTH. Then I did just a simple job, took rat "pinjra" , put 2 butter toffees(Diwali gift) into that pinjra , n kept under front passenger seat.. then me n my brother went to watch Doctor Strange . Next morning rat got arrested , And didn't get bail for 2 days ...
So my question is , is there any way to block rats way in??

gauranglondhe 13th November 2016 11:57 AM

Hey
The same problem I have also faced for my Tata manza...
Solution is simple
Open car bonnet and
Keep hard metal wired brush (2-3) numbers on engine.
And just forget about rat problem
But don't forget to take off metal brush before starting your car

kevinanderson 24th April 2017 03:41 PM

Rats are dangerous for cars.
Recently, I had a very bad experience with rats attacking my car. My car was not getting started after keeping it idle for a month, as I had to travel for a business purpose. I realized that petrol has been spread under my car. Luckily there was no spark generated while trying to ignite the engine.The car service people came to the spot and identified that it was caused due to chewing the fuel tube by a rat.
After some research on the internet, I bought the rat repellent product called No-Entry from Nichem.Solutions. Just sprayed in the engine compartment and has not noticed any signs of rats so far.
You could also try the same. Check at https://www.nichem.solutions/product/no-entry/

PetrolHead1973 27th June 2017 09:25 PM

Definitely keep all traces of food out of the car. I have heard that chilli sauce and wolf urine can help as well. I heard about a new sort of rat repellent for cars called 'RatMat', it is on Kickstarter and gives the rats an electric shock through the floor.

Delhi 28th September 2017 01:58 PM

Mice and rats entering into my i10 magna 2011 model and destroying it everyday

recently I spent 25k to get the mouse damage done to the a/c and gear lever jacket and other chewable stuff repaired
where do mice enter inside my i10 from that i can cover?

Sakthivel Rajendran 28th September 2017 02:54 PM

Indian manufactures should start using metal braided wires in their cars.

GrandRk 3rd October 2017 05:28 PM

On dusshera i opened my bonnet to tie garland and was shocked to see rat excreta on few areas inside it. Took a car for test ride and seems everything was working fine. Next day again i opened the bonnet and rats excreta was there on other parts as well.

I cleaned that with cloth and sprayed a perfume inside engine bay. Also sprayed some hit on all the tires. Today there was no traces of rat as the bay seems clean.

Don't know how long i need to check this day after day. Due to fix parking lot i am unable to park my car in different location.

kenlitting 3rd October 2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandRk (Post 550034)
On dusshera i opened my bonnet to tie garland and was shocked to see rat excreta on few areas inside it. Took a car for test ride and seems everything was working fine. Next day again i opened the bonnet and rats excreta was there on other parts as well.

I cleaned that with cloth and sprayed a perfume inside engine bay. Also sprayed some hit on all the tires. Today there was no traces of rat as the bay seems clean.

Don't know how long i need to check this day after day. Due to fix parking lot i am unable to park my car in different location.

A word of caution please be careful while using hit aerosol spray on any article which gets hot as this aerosol is inflammable usually overnight application residues will go off by morning as u did.I would prefer use other rat repellents eg :https://www.amazon.in/Tufkote-REPELLENT-Organic-Non-Poisonous-Without/dp/B00L13XSH2/ref=sr_1_2?s=garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1507043029&sr=1-2&keywords=rat+poison
or this one which is non inflammable spray
https://www.amazon.in/Nichem-No-Entr...eywords=nichem

Nanofreak 4th October 2017 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandRk (Post 550034)

Use generously red chilly powder in the engine bay, only precaution don't use fresh air mode, we do this trick at home, but with Tipsy (pup) Hahaha around he chases them away.

GrandRk 4th October 2017 09:30 AM

Today morning opened the bonnet and found no sign of rat drops. Will check again today as well.
This thing is giving me sleepless night.

vikpunpolo 5th October 2017 10:14 PM

One of my friend purchased the some "Add Lube" brand Anti Rat Spray from sparencare.com and he is using from one month. Looks ok to him till now...you may find this product in local market as well. Its made in delhi product.