Does Fuel Brand Makes a Difference in Mileage?

Which fuel brand you feel the best Overall, Good for engine and mileage?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Hi TAIgers,

I have a doubt regarding which brand fuel to be used.

Like i have Ford Figo 2013 Titanium (Diesel) model in which till date i was filling Indian Oil Diesel. But after these 3.5 years i am not quite satisfied with the mileage. Its hardly 16 or max 17kmpl. (Note: I have good driving habit & no rough roads)

My friend suggested me to go with Bharat Petroleum Diesel as they have good density etc etc.

1. Will it really matter on various brands?
2. Is it like particular brand will be suitable for particular engines?
3. What are the factors to be taken while filling fuel? (in most of the pumps no one cares about the density reading or quality of fuel)
4. Finally, what measures need to be taken if fuel is the major role here for less mileage?

Hope TAIgers will enlighten me on this doubt.

Admin: I have searched for similar topic and not found thats why started this thread. if already available kindly redirect me.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Will Fuel brand make a difference in Mileage with respective engines?

I too get petrol from BP. I have noticed it quite a few times that my verna gives me less mileage if i do a tankful using Indian Oil.

Re: Will Fuel brand make a difference in Mileage with respective engines?

I normally refill petrol for HP outlet in Mysore. When I use shell, engine becomes more smoother and beings to purr like crazy. Indian oil is a big no no for me as I wont get avg FE in my car and bike.

Top Bottom