Why Dealers Maintain Loaner Cars Poorly?

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Today I had a first hand experience at my uncle's dealership here in Noida with regards to a loaner car. I gave my Esteem for Body-repair (minor rust issues) and Exhaust assembly replacement. The job would take atleast 4-5 days and so I requested my uncle to provide us with a loaner car for the time as one car for us is not actually sufficient as me and dad have varied travel timings. He was giving us a White RITZ Zxi model which I was OK with since it was a temporary vehicle but upon seeing the condition I refused it outright. Following issues I noted in it:

1) Left Headlamp bulb blown only parking lamp working.

2) Spoiler Brake Lamp missing.

3) Left Side both Door Handles free from outside. Cant open doors from outside.

4) Idling was also not in proper condition.

5) Right side ORVM broken.

6) Seat Cover Torn.

7) Running on Reserve Fuel. Fuel indicator blinking.

8) Cigar Lighter missing.

9) Rear Door rubber insulation damaged.

10) Full Of Dust.

Now, Seeing it in such condition I thought of sharing my observations here and would also like to know if ever any of you had seen such a poorly kept loaner car. I mean, Why do workshops turn a blind eye to loaner cars?

Regards

Akash

the answer is in the question. dealers maintain loaner cars poorly-- because a car driving by multiple people with different driving habits. when my cabie( tavera driver) drove our swift for a trip, i felt that the car would not survive the trip.

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi Pravin, Driving manners definitely account for major part in a car's condition but Why the dealer's not pay attention on the loaner cars even when they have easy access to OEM spares? They do have facility to keep it tidy and in proper working condition yet they do not invest even a penny I believe in keeping it working properly. As it is the dealers often shy away from giving a loaner car to each customer yet they can't keep 1-2 of their own vehicles in good condition is something I fail to understand buddy.

Regards

Akash

At least you are getting a loaner car. In place where I live, dealers won't even bother to drop you off after giving car for service.

Only premium car brands provide better loaners to their customers. I do hear some issues with Navnit Motors, Bangalore.

Hi Pravin, Driving manners definitely account for major part in a car's condition but Why the dealer's not pay attention on the loaner cars even when they have easy access to OEM spares? They do have facility to keep it tidy and in proper working condition yet they do not invest even a penny I believe in keeping it working properly. As it is the dealers often shy away from giving a loaner car to each customer yet they can't keep 1-2 of their own vehicles in good condition is something I fail to understand buddy.

Regards

Akash
Hi. here is a insight of what happens with my ex-company transport operator. he gets a sumo gold in 2015. normally the cab would do a trip of 250 kms minimum. he was servincing the car in TML for the few months only. because of the driving habits the car was battered and bruised and the company service went up high as TML doesn't go for after market spares. the brake booster along MC kit costs around 8.5k for gold. instead he either gets the refurbished kits or an some XXXX brand. same applies for schock absorbers and everything. torn seat covers are stitched. as the car goes through it's life, dealers with more money per car idea make sure that the car runs rather than mataining a top notch condition.

I have hired 5 self driven cars which were not 3 or 4 year old and all the cars left that there is something wrong and would let us stranded.

Top Bottom