What All Things Make a Car Worth Rs.5 Crores?

Thread Starter #1
i am very much curious as what kind of engineering does go in for a car worth 5crore inr . or is it just a snob value.

automobile gurus please do enlighten me.[:)]

350Z

Core Team
You have asked a very interesting question, and this is usually what some of my (non-auto related) friends also ask. Keeping the answer precise, what you pay is the value of ultimate and finest hand-built manufacturing, which too use the best and costliest materials available on the Earth, the cars we are referring, have their engine manufactured using supreme technology. In fact, an entire team of experts is involved to manufacture the different parts of the vehicle, right from the upholstery to the engine. That rich and exclusive feel can be realized only if you personally check one. Also, No wonder, why the super-luxury-cars have a fixed wait-period of at least four to six months (Or maybe more than that, not ordered one yet!) because they are only made on order. The rest, well I guess, it is the several taxes etc. that add up to the cost, and after all, since only limited models of a particular car is sold, the carmaker has to include in that the expenses of their business/employees too. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
thanks 350z,
but i am not satisfied . to an extend i know about custom built and expertise costs which could be hefty , yet Rs.50000000 doesn't show up anywhere .

i wish to have a detailed review.
if not here in TAI where else huh?

350Z

Core Team
thanks 350z,
but i am not satisfied . to an extend i know about custom built and expertise costs which could be hefty , yet Rs.50000000 doesn't show up anywhere .

i wish to have a detailed review.
if not here in TAI where else huh?
I am not sure how can I satisfy. :smile: Anyways, You must check out the following links to know more about the manufacturing process of the beauties:

- Rolls-Royce Motor Cars

- Bentley Motors Website : Ownership : Introduction

Drive Safe,
350Z

+1 to 350Z's reply! Jayadev just search in youtube for the videos of some of the whole manufacturing process involved in making of some luxury cars. You will amazed to see the perfection and precision involved in their process. And of course taxes also plays a role!

There are some programmes in Discovery Turbo and NGC which telecast the whole manufacturing process of some of the finest cars in the world , try to see them. I think Zinam also has uploaded the making of Lambo in an exclusive thread here.

You should checkout the making of RR, Porsche, R8 & Lambo's before you conclude!!

Please checkout my videos posted in TAI.

ALso watch Mega Factories in Nat Geo when ever you get sometime.

Then obviously your questions will have answer within that :)

Thread Starter #8
sorry to say that even though bit late ,i have no access to youtube and such social thingies .so hope you all can imagine my situation..any way i will check it when i am back home.
thanks n cheers.

AMG

Suspended
IMO all these are overpriced.

Like for example,

A GT-R will run circles around a Ferrari, yet a Ferrari costs twice the price of a GT-R

A Ducati 1198 S costs about 30 lakh, and is slower than a Fireblade or a Hayabusa.

Just the brand value, nothing else.

Top Bottom