Need Info on VW Polo Fender Cost & Insurance Related Queries

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

An unfortunate Incident that occured last month resulted in dents on the front left fender of my Polo , caused by negligent hooligans tripling in their bike and ramming straight into my ride.
So all Polo users/Moto guys out there :
1] How much will it cost me to replace the fender ?
2] I have taken bumper to bumper insurance . Can i get the replacement done thru insurance without any extra cost ? Its been 7 months since i purchased the vehicle and still under warranty period.
I heard something regarding no claim insurance from my friends , can someone clarify about it too.

Appreciate all responses regarding the above.
Cheers !

I heard something regarding no claim insurance from my friends , can someone clarify about it too
Hi Neil6749

You will lose no claim bonus (NCB) in case you make a claim through your insurance policy. No claim bonus is in percentage (10, 20% etc.) and is deducted from the next year's insurance cost.

The fender can be repaired and repainted also, if the damage is less. If the cost savings you make from claiming insurance is more than the NCB lost, then only go ahead. Otherwise get the damage repaired from your own pocket.

And warranty has nothing to do with accidental damages.

Regards,
Alpha

If the damage is just to get the front fender repaired get it done from a local work shop for 3k. For 7 months old car, you could lose a similar amount on no claim bonus which is 20% of basic premium. You can find the basic premium for next year just by filling the details in online insurance websites.
If the part change involves more than one part get it done through insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom